Android Tablets Forum banner

screen orientation doesn't work

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Loner 
#1 ·
I recently got a refurbished 6" epaper Novel, best $25 spent.

I haven't been able to get the orientation to work. It is always on portrait. I have changed the setting under setting/general/orientation to auto and landscape, but it doesn't rotate. I even updated to the latest firmware. Could the rotation sensor be defective?

#3 ·
I recently got this, and my screen orientation wasn't working either.

I then disabled the power saver option, and now it works fine.

To disable it, go to the MAIN MENU, push the MANUAL arrow button (>) at the bottom of the screen, then click in the screen, SETTINGS, go to POWER SAVER, and change it to no.

That may work, but I'm not an expert.

Good luck!

#4 ·
To add to hundred4ever's post, you need to go to Settings, General, then make sure Orientation is set to Auto and Power Saving to Off. Automatic orientation in the default Pandigital's firmware doesn't work anyplace other than inside a book, and power saving disables it completely. Well, almost...

A neat trick: If you don't want the book rotated every time you tilt the device, there is a bug that can be used as a feature! Make sure that settings are as above, but Power Saving is set to On. Open up a book that you want to rotate. Click the (middle) menu button and select Info. Lo, the power saving is temporarily off and rotation works! Exit Info and power saving is engaged again! But beware: This will (or at least may) also rotate the "desktop" for a neat but weird experience. I use this to rotate PDFs and to browse, whenever I use the browser, in landscape mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.