Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my 45 day old PDP had 2 cracks from the center of the side going across the screen.

It has not been dropped and in fact is in a full leather case.

I used it last night to read a book, turned it off and put it on the nightstand.

Could it have a stress crack?

Does anyone have experience with PD warranty support?

I am quite concerned with the break and am leaning on just returning it to Kohls for exchange as defective.

Any thoughts?

Ben

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This morning my 45 day old PDP had 2 cracks from the center of the side going across the screen.

It has not been dropped and in fact is in a full leather case.

I used it last night to read a book, turned it off and put it on the nightstand.

Could it have a stress crack?

Does anyone have experience with PD warranty support?

I am quite concerned with the break and am leaning on just returning it to Kohls for exchange as defective.

Any thoughts?

Ben

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got in touch with pandigital support.
They said cracks were generally considered customer abuse, damage and not covered in the 1 year warranty.
I felt abused by the policy.
I was offered the opportunity to ask for a warranty waiver and fill out an appeal.
The time est was 3 weeks to get a decision. Too long of a period to be without my reader.

I decided to take the unit back to Kohls for an exchange.

I love kohls.

Ben

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for this!
I do not understand it, I exchanged my cracked PDP Jan. 16.
This AM the new one is cracked.
The crack starts on the right side 3 1/4 inch down and eminates across to the top.
Has any one else had this problem?

I am ready to get a Fire.

Ben

·
Registered
425 Posts
I do not understand it, I exchanged my cracked PDP Jan. 16.
This AM the new one is cracked.
The crack starts on the right side 3 1/4 inch down and eminates across to the top.
Has any one else had this problem?

I am ready to get a Fire.

Ben
Haven't seen this problem nor have I seen any other reports of it. Are you carrying it in a backpack or something where the position could be putting stress on the unit?

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't seen this problem nor have I seen any other reports of it. Are you carrying it in a backpack or something where the position could be putting stress on the unit?
I have it in a case with elastic strap corners. I use it in the house for reading, solitare, eMail and suduko.

I carry it in the case and the only stress I could possibily put on it is to hold it by the rt side while I read with it in the case.

Page turning is a tap on the right side with a thumbnail.

Has anyone opened one and saw a stress point on the upper right under the frame?

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Innards of the planet.

I haven't had a problem so far. I've been carrying my tablet in a leather case with keyboard pretty roughly in my backpack to school. Even leaned on my backpack a few times on accident while taking the train. Still okay. Use it for taking notes with a stylus in class and annotating pdf powerpoint slides.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Innards of the planet.

I haven't had a problem so far. I've been carrying my tablet in a leather case with keyboard pretty roughly in my backpack to school. Even leaned on my backpack a few times on accident while taking the train. Still okay. Use it for taking notes with a stylus in class and annotating pdf powerpoint slides.
Mine also seems to get banged around (I noticed a dent in the upper right) but no screen cracks

What app do you use to take notes and write on pdf - sounds interesting

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use EZpdf reader to scribble of pdf documents. Can adjust the size of your scribble after you write it down, so you can write comfortably big and then shrink it.

For general note taking, There are SO MANY apps.

The only 2 that work well ( well as in least amount of lag) for me is "FreeNote" and Handrite.

FreeNote is a bit confusing at first to use. Handrite is the simplest to use. I like FreeNote more though because it has a little bit more functions like built in paint program. Both apps work by letting you write big then it automatically shrinks what you wrote. Works well.

I've heard of evernote but never tried it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts