Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Windows only. :-(No Linux / Mac love? I still have mine at the moment, so I was considering running this.EDIT: http://android-dls.com/files/linux/fastboot. Silly me for not googling, first!EDIT #2: Worked for me, using the above binary on Ubuntu Lucid x64 and the SDK. Quick instructions:- place the img files wherever you want (I put them in my tools folder, just to make life easier)- create an environment variable.... export ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT=/whereveryourtoolsfolderis- Connect via USB, then reboot the device as mentioned in the PDF (hold back button + reset)- Run these commands:./fastboot flash recovery./fastboot flash boot./fastboot flash systemYou should see OKAY for each, with system taking the longest to complete.- Reset the device again. I actually got stuck the first time and had to reset twice, and then it booted up.Build number now has a 20100730 date, so I guess they had this piece ready for a few days but decided to release before the full-blown patch was ready.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I just ran it - I had the least to lose since mine is going back anyway.Apps in /data are still there - makes sense, as there's no userdata.img. /system gets flashed so your Google ID might get wiped - but not certain because mine was already removed. I'm also thinking that this might also allow someone to salvage a bricked device as the back button + reset seems to be a recovery mode.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
USB charging is a big, big bonus... Seriously.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When installing this I found out that I can go into Recovery and actually use the menu button to go up search button to go down home button is hide/show and back button is actionSo today is a big day friends!WE have a Working Recovery!!!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Just curious... Has anyone tried to flash the PDN firmware to the Augen? I haven't tried the reverse, but maybe I should...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
They don't seem to have a full fw update yet...

·
Registered
3 Posts
doesn't seem like the charging USB is actually working..............it says its charging but the battery is going down........maybe a little slower than usual....but isn't charging when hooked to computer

·
Registered
4 Posts
wbales;30460 said:
doesn't seem like the charging USB is actually working..............it says its charging but the battery is going down........maybe a little slower than usual....but isn't charging when hooked to computer
Are you using it while charging? Charging with a usb cable is slow to begin with. Does it charge if ya leave it alone for a few?

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK stupid question, might just be that I was not paying attention before I installed the calibration patch, but now when I scroll (on this forum) while web surfing the screen goes pinkish. So really two stupid questions1) Did it do that before and I was not paying attention?2) If not is anyone else seeing this result after the patch?

·
Registered
49 Posts
WOAH! Where did the built in device storage information go in the SD card & Tablet PC storage settings? Little bastards trying to cover their butts? There is no longer any info there on the device, like it was never there after the patch...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.