Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i received my new apad today (from miss wang), but there are some artefacts on the screen. mostly in images with a gradient. is my device faulty or is it because i haven't upgraded yet?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would say a faulty device =(probably it would be enough to adjust the rippon cable that connects the LCD to the mainboard but i cant be shure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah crap, i thought it was that! very stupid, because i had to pay 36 euro import taxes and if i request a new one, i will have to pay those 36 euros again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i solve this by upgrading the firmware? i wanna know for sure, because when i upgrade my firmware, i'm afraid i void my "warranty" (refund of paypal)

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a plastic or metalic version ? A solution is to open the device and connect correctly the rippon cable in the device has Loonix have said ...Or sendback the apad but is more expensive solution ...

·
Registered
880 Posts
If it is what i think, No.You cant fix a hardware failure by software.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's the plastic one.are you sure (like 80%) it's just a faulty ribbon cable? because if i open it, i definitely can't ask for a replacement...

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you ask for a replacement they should mark the package accordingly and you should not have to pay import duty again.

G

·
Talk to Eternal (Emily Wang) about what to do. They might be OK with you opening it up to try and fix it yourself, as they will have to pay for it to be shipped back to you again and thus might want to explore the possibly free option.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steep;19928 said:
If you ask for a replacement they should mark the package accordingly and you should not have to pay import duty again.
if this is possible, it's the perfect solution! i tried to talk to emily wang, but she didn't respond...will try again tomorrow

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i'm stuck with this device: i don't want to pay shipping and another 36 euro to get a second apad into the country (which may be broken too). a paypal refund is impossible someone said because it's not from ebay. and an refund from miss wang implies i have to pay shipping costs (which will result in paying 36 + 20 euro for nothing!)other possibilities? how does a aliexpress refund works?is there a topic on how to open this device? i'm hoping i just can reconnect the display connector in order to get a nice, clean image on the screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts