Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got one in today, been waiting nearly 3 weeks. Thing is doggy compared to my zennitihink c93 dual core. Nextflix plays like crap. Anybody have luck with netflix on these things? I'm running the newest firmware 1.58, netflix 1.8.1, flash 11.1

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got one in today, been waiting nearly 3 weeks. Thing is doggy compared to my zennitihink c93 dual core. Nextflix plays like crap. Anybody have luck with netflix on these things? I'm running the newest firmware 1.58, netflix 1.8.1, flash 11.1
Just what I've been waiting to hear. An honest comparison of the i.mx6q tablet and a Zenithink c93. Talk to me please, good, bad, and ugly. I want to hear it all if you don't mind.

I've been using a Zenithink C91, and over the last few months, it has become a pretty reliable. stable, platform that has good build quality. The only problems I have with it are the fact that Zenithink is not going to give it Jellybean,
and I want a bit faster tablet. I'd certainly like to stay with Zenithink.

I've really enjoyed seeing the look on peoples faces as they realise that the swiping motions they see me making are inputting text on the page, the streaming video they watch on the screen, the program I use to hold my music for an immediate play experience, and the ½ terabyte hard disk I have attached to the side of my "cheap" Chinese tablet leave their tablets eating dust. I've had good experience with Zenithink, but if the i.mx6q chipset is more capable, has better battery life, etc., than the Zenithink C93, I'd really like to know.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
not sure what happened here, I think maybe it was my internet service provider, but my Sanei is running much better now. I have been having issues with our isp running slower than crap at times. The sanei quad core is a well built tablet. Boots up in less than 30 seconds. The display is beatiful. It plays high def videos great, I have do have problem streaming from some sources though, like it doesn't buffer at all. Tried several different video players, same issues. Battery life is not what I had hoped for. about 3 to 3.5 hrs streaming, display set at 1/2 brightness. Hoping for a better firmware to come out with better battery management. All in all though, it is a good tablet. Zennithink has their c94 with the same processor and similar specs, less the built in bluetooth. Maybe that would have a better firmware. I am happy with the sanei though, it does what I need it to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does it stm to be a better, or worse tablet than the C93?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like it better than my c93. It is allot nicer tablet. Performance is better. I just got it rooted today and am working on getting rid of this cell standby crap, which someone reported about 4.5 hrs use on a charge after getting rid of it. I will eventually try to set it up for full market access, but this is not a priority right now. Ampe 1.58b firmware is not pre rooted as I was lead to believe. After a couple hours to download, It was a bit disappointing, but it is rooted now anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like it better than my c93. It is allot nicer tablet. Performance is better. I just got it rooted today and am working on getting rid of this cell standby crap, which someone reported about 4.5 hrs use on a charge after getting rid of it. I will eventually try to set it up for full market access, but this is not a priority right now. Ampe 1.58b firmware is not pre rooted as I was lead to believe. After a couple hours to download, It was a bit disappointing, but it is rooted now anyways.
how did you root the device i just added flash to mine and am currently having difficulty getting my pc to install the drivers it gives me an error while trying to install something with windows media .... gonna try android sdk tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same issue with drivers. I used android sdk for drivers and had to use pdanet to get them installed. I was successful in getting rid of the cell standby by getting rid of the phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk. I found this trick at the tabletrepublic forum. I will do some further testing to see how this effects battery. Also playing around with some settings in the Pimp my Rom app.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks hphillips i cant say ive had the best experience with this tablet id be alot happier if i hadnt received a damaged tablet from merimobiles but im currently trying to sort it out just trying to gain a little insight about the tablet as far as rooting and all that goes either way thank you for the info ill save the links for later after i get this mess figured out.... and as far as merimobiles goes all i have to say is this

Below are the top reasons why you should never buy from merimobiles

1. They say they have your tablet of your choice in stock and after you pay for it they notify you a week later that they dont have it in stock
2. the customer service is crappy... youll be lucky if they respond your messages and emails in 3 days
3. if your lucky enough to buy a tablet they have in stock they will send you the wrong color tablet
4. if you pay for fast delivery they will still take 2 weeks to ship you a tablet
5. if and when you receive your tablet it will have been improperly wrapped and thus damaged

i have bought from merimobiles twice once in 2010 and recently in october ... the time i ordered in 2010 they sent me the wrong color tablet and it took 1 month to receive with dhl 6-8 day delivery
this time i ordered a tablet they did the same thing took for ever to send my tablet and when i received it it was damaged with dead pixels all over the screen and white spots around the edges ..... they didnt even try to protect the tablet they just taped 2 pieces of cardboard over the box it came in and sent it to me ...... it literally shows signs of damage all over the screen ...

unless you want to deal with that kind of service i suggest you

NEVER BUY FROM MERIMOBILES

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. New tablet owner. Was NOT going to spend $500+ on name brand 10". I'm prety good around a computer, hacking, rooting, etc.

I've had my Sanei N10 Quad for a week now. IMO, the battery is the only shortcoming on this quad-core beast. If you can find me another tablet with these specs for $199, let me know. I was looking at the Ainol Novo Hero 2, but it may or may not be available THIS YEAR. It's also $40-50 more. My buddy got one the same day (5 business days from China to Canada). His, however, seems to have a completely faulty battery. He claims his tablet is DEAD and WILL NOT CHARGE. I'm gonna take a look at it tonight and return with some feedback.

For the guys looking to root, patch, modify, etc., I suggest you try the other Sanei/Ampe forums on here. I've only been on here for two days and figured out just about everything I was looking for.

P.S. I bought from DHGate.com. They phoned me to verify my credit card info (impressive). They were prompt with all responses. The only thing I didn't like was the communication on shipping. "Deleted" my tracking number twice. Placed order on "hold". Received it the next day. Driver laughed when I explained the "Delete/Hold" story. I believe I was given the wrong tracking info to begin with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue with drivers. I used android sdk for drivers and had to use pdanet to get them installed. I was successful in getting rid of the cell standby by getting rid of the phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk. I found this trick at the tabletrepublic forum. I will do some further testing to see how this effects battery. Also playing around with some settings in the Pimp my Rom app.
Can you post the link to the forum for removing the "cell standby" feature? I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is right. deleting those two apk files does get rid of cell standby. I haven't had much chance yet to test how much more battery time you get from this, but I would expect almost an hour more based on how much battery percentage was being used by cell standby.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.