1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also interested in peoples thoughts on this tablet. I'm looking at buying my first tablet and was going to go for the Eken M001, then I found this one and the specs look fairly good for the price but I'm a bit worried because there doesn't seem to be much info about it. Also worried that deal extreme don't really have them in stock and I'll have to wait months to actually get it.Any info on it would be great.Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was looking at that one myself. I was set on getting an M001 just to hack on...possibly install Debian. Then I stumbled across this one and its giving me second thoughts. The S3C6410 seems a better choice for straight linux. After digging I found out that its the "Rocat-10" from this company here http://www.parkly.com.cn/. They have an ftp server at ftp://ftp.parkly.com.cn but you need a password to check in.DX has the best price I've found, but it might be Xmas by the time I see it. Lightinthebox.com also has them for the same price, but shipping isn't included. Ebay is quite a bit more expensive. If anybody wants to do a bulk order you can find them at http://rocat.en.alibaba.com/ and maybe you can cut me a deal for doing the leg work ;-)Don't know, maybe I should stick with the M001 as Debian is already up and running on it. Anyways, hope that helps. I'm still undecided.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was also looking for an tablet to buy, then I found this on DX. As everybody here, I'm undecided too. ;PI would like to know if the tablet is as fast as the mod firmwares of the M001 for example.If so, I think I would buy the samsung one.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
It uses the same processor as the pandigital novel and the smartq5 & 7 - all have/had android 2.0 releases. Said elsewhere but worth noting again that the processor can be (over)clocked at 800Mhz... it would be a pretty peppy device at that speed. Still lots of complaints over at dealextreme that the tablet hadn't yet shipped to the early adopters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have one that looks just like the DealExtreme S3C6410 from Wholesale-7" Android 1.6 MID Tablet PC Touchpad USB External Wifi G Sensor Netbook Laptop Notebook Computer (the first picture is mis-leading). Had apad earlier and this is way faster and the wireless works great. Pros: Boots fast, responsivness, wireless actually works/active right after the boot and battery lasts long compared to apadCons: Missing Market, no G-sensor (or at least the firmware does not support it), video playback not as smooth as with apad. Stuff: Mine came display mis-calibrated and there was no calibration during first boot/no app to calibrate. You will have to press Menu or was it Home long to bring up the calibration. Power save just dims the display (does not completely turn off)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I Got This Too and I Wanna Know If its Been Hacked or anything. Not Much info I Could find on it. So Far just use it for Browsing web. Wish it had android Market too... Same Pros and Cons as tlehto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am pretty sure this is the one I got too. I am still trying to figure out how to get it into an hboot style menu. Odd stuff. I can't turn the volume down for music without exiting the music program.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One of owners of this tablet said, that the ROM with build number Donut.eng.cb.20100811.232441 HAVE Market app.Mine tablet with build number Donut.eng.cb.20100726.143707 HAVE NOT the Market app.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok I have the tablet pc s3c6410 and it's stuck on a Cloud screen

CAN ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPP MEEEEE !!!!

Hit me up on either email or this

[email protected]
Hey, many people had the same problem. If your tablet is ly-777 dealextreme, techpad from chinavasion or clone, you should have look at _ this topic _
There are many solutions at these pages, most of them involves taking out the external sdcard and writing firmware to it under linux pc though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts