Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick one this:

While I got quite "au fait" with the WM8750 a couple of years ago (thanks Roger), I've now invested in a 7" tab2. Great tab, even with a stock ROM, but for one thing - it doesn't charge on connection to a PC (this isn't a hardware problem, its either Samsung or 4.1.1). Ditto no apps can be moved using app2SD [or similar]
Will rooting give me the option to charge from a PC/move apps to SD?

Thanks in advance,
Colin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick one this:

While I got quite "au fait" with the WM8750 a couple of years ago (thanks Roger), I've now invested in a 7" tab2. Great tab, even with a stock ROM, but for one thing - it doesn't charge on connection to a PC (this isn't a hardware problem, its either Samsung or 4.1.1). Ditto no apps can be moved using app2SD [or similar]
Will rooting give me the option to charge from a PC/move apps to SD?

Thanks in advance,
Colin
Absolutely! I have the same tablet, (since March 1st) and rooted it the second day I got it. When it's rooted, you have choices of dozens of Modified operating systems, and yes, you can move apps to the external memory chip (I have a 32 gig in mine) and it does charge when plugged in by the USB cord to the PC.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers! I'm quite happy with the stock ROM - its just the charging app2sd that's a minor niggle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts