Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Accidental clinks on the form led me to the pagehttp://www.slatedroid.com/augen-gentouch78/3876-android-market-working-[gentouch78]-2.htmlSpecifically, post #12 (on page 2) describes how to running android market 2.0 on the Kmart tablet. Their method is based on the original work of clockworx; I wonder if it could apply to PDN as well?By the way, post #12 above makes reference to a page from a "Shanghai android lab"Shanghai Android Laboratory:which as you can tell from the URL is actually Japanese :) Just FYI in case anyone wants to feed it into google translate...Thanks again to clockworx for the original hack!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blazingwolf;38486 said:
What would be different than the Non ugly method we have now? The Gentouch already had the Google applications with a non working Market. They then used clockworxs method to get it working.
I'm speaking as someone who installed marketplace using the original "ugly method"; as such I used the 1.6 emulator to generate the andriod ID, and the G78 posted seems to suggest that we could the 2.0 emulator instead.I have not paid much attention to the non-ugly method ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it"); apologies in advanced if I wasted anyone's time. Should I infer from your message that the non-ugly method already has the 2.0 marketplace baked in? If so, how can folks like myself who used the original ugly method make this transition?FYI: I've flashed fm 8-06 and rehacked the volume buttons, JIT and GE. Curiously, the market place was working right away; I did not have to redo the ugly hack.THANKS!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[I tried repeatly to add these remarks by editing post #3, but I was not successful, whence a new post...]In case I didn't make myself clear in the OP: as a number of users have pointed out in various posts, the current marketplace hacks, ugly or not, do not allow us to access all the apps (e.g. I cannot find yxflash). I was hoping that by using the 2.0 emulator, we might be able to generate an android ID that would give us a wider selections of apps -- and if so, how can folks like myself who have already hacked it the old way can make this change.THANKS!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Actually, I did some more research based on blazingwolf's comments regarding the droid fix. It seems for certain apps (marked as copy-protected) we are...*ahem* SOL. From my reading, this is what I understand:As part of loading market, the device sends your phone type and software version, and needs to have to appropriate release keys set for the phone type and software version. This was discovered when people running unofficial builds (Froyo for (phone X) when (phone X) was only on eclair) would have apps disappear when they load the market. Once (phone X) officially updated to froyo and they got "real" release keys, they could get the apps back. As we don't have an official phone (and PDN's build was done w/ test-keys, at that) there is most likely no situation where we'll ever be able to see those apps. The only thing I can think of is if someone finds an official build for the smdk6410, signed with release keys. We could try to use a Samsung Moment one, but my guess is that they will have made enough changes that their signed binaries will not be able to boot on our phone as-is.Anyone is free to correct me, but this is what I've gathered from reading and it seems to make sense.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Anyone know of an app that's definitely not listed in the hack we use? I can test out this build.prop change.EDI: Duh. Never mind - one is listed in the URL given.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I'll have to wait to test until the weekend - my PDN is actually wiped and is going back to BBB for another go at a non-cracked one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.