Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LiveAndroid is a LiveCD(and LiveUSB) for Google Android OS running on x86 platforms, you can running it in virtualbox or vmware, also burn the image to a disc. With LiveAndroid you can explore all the features of Google Android without buying a Google Android powered mobile phone like T-Mobile G1 HTC Hero. LiveAndroid allows you to download a LiveCD/LiveUSB of the Google Android operating system. Just burn the image to a disc, insert it in a CD-ROM drive, and reboot your computer and you can explore Android
Download Live CD here 1Download Live CD here 2added to the download section ,Njoy

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the links

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a live cd so it run on any system that has a cd drive I think

·
Registered
82 Posts
linuxluver;23344 said:
You can also run Android natively on your x86 PC using "Android x86". I found a good link here.
Thanks, that worked, kind of. Android has booted up, but it looks like it may not be fully compatible with my Celeron desktop. The colors were inverted and as soon as touched mouse, this would make the screen refresh like crazy...as it was in a convulsion.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Question about Live Android. I downloaded the ISO and I have the .3 version. But I'm not sure how to tell which "version" of android this emulates?I have been running it in Virtualbox so I can try and learn the SDK.J

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
mindwave;28109 said:
Question about Live Android. I downloaded the ISO and I have the .3 version. But I'm not sure how to tell which "version" of android this emulates?I have been running it in Virtualbox so I can try and learn the SDK.J
The SDK comes with an emulator so you can run it straight from your host machine, you don't need a separate virtual machine to test it on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote name='Mike;28153]The SDK comes with an emulator so you can run it straight from your host machine' date=' you don't need a separate virtual machine to test it on.[/QUOTE'] Yes, and also, when you use the emulator in the SDK, it gives you the option to build it with any of the Android versions, as long as you have that package for that version installed in the SDK package manager.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone compare the responsiveness and reliability compared to a typical android based tablets from china/usa?I'm looking at this or meego as an alternative to windows 7 on my C2D 1.3Ghz resistive screen tablet which is totally awesome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.