Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have successfully connected a DKU-5 nokia mobile adapter to this M001.the DKU-5 has a builtin USB -> RS232 interface running at 3.3v , which is required to connect RS232 of this motherboard.the connectors were a little tricky to find as my adapter was universal and the 3.3v on the TX and 2.8v on the RX was really not matching according to other sites documenting how to connect it, without see actual pins inside dku-5.anyways i figured it out, and the info might not help you out, but only 3 pins are needed.If you look at the J17 on the backside of the M001, unscrew pcb to see it, you find J17 and 4 dots you can connect to.if you have in front of you with the bottom of M001 pointing towards you, pins 1-3 from left are used here.Pin 1 should be ground, pin2/3 is RX/TX .I could not locate any other instructions on how to connect it, so i hope this will anyone trying to attach the rs232.btw,its a great help to use if your modding your m001, and you got a direct console login prompt to use for listing and doing other stuff on it.. In combination with Putty you can even use VI on it directly and update as example build.prop to get lower or higher resolution onscreen.Anyways just a little info which might help people trying it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='itanium;7925]thats a good one!which bauds did u use? 115/8/1/n ?[/QUOTE]Speed can be seen in a file scriptcmd it save in u-boot params "bootargs" and transferred to kernel setenv bootargs 'mem=109M noinitrd root=/dev/mtdblock7 rootfstype=yaffs2 rw [B]console=ttyS0' date='115200n8[/B'] init=/init lcdid=1'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.