1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's the site I was looking at. I moved the app to /flash (it's the only folder that was writable). Installed from there and ran. It runs and reboots, but no root.
debugging was on and sd card mounted.

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, that's the site I was looking at. I moved the app to /flash (it's the only folder that was writable). Installed from there and ran. It runs and reboots, but no root.
debugging was on and sd card mounted.

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk
Ok ... try this.. un-mount your SD card ... plug your SuperNova in to the computer you should see the PD_Universe in there should be a download folder.. that should be writeable.. Dump the apk in that folder .. disconnect the SuperNova and reinstall the SD card... It may have to be a cleanly formatted card as well.

If that does not work try a factory reset then try it again... I did not let any OTA firmware run and still have not checked if any are available I'm running IR80_S_BN_W_A_A_09282011

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give that a try. Mine came with firmware version IR80_S_AZ_W_A_A_11172011

Sent from my Infuse using tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the IR80_s_AZ_W_A_A_11172001 and lost my root, havent been able to get it rooted again with GB 1.2, im just trying to figure out how to roll back to an earlier FW. Something also happened during the update or rerooting attempt that my MAC Address has been set to 00:00:00:00:00 so before i can even use the wifi, im going to have to figure out how to root it so i can reset the Mac.

I took the IR80_s_AZ_W_A_A_11172001 and lost my root, havent been able to get it rooted again with GB 1.2, im just trying to figure out how to roll back to an earlier FW. Something also happened during the update or rerooting attempt that my MAC Address has been set to 00:00:00:00:00 so before i can even use the wifi, im going to have to figure out how to root it so i can reset the Mac.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

The old firmware is in a folder called "old firmware" on your tablet.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Got market 1.82 installed, any way to get something newer?
Google Gapps download, you can find several versions of the whole suite, you can pull the market or vending .apk from them and install it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The old firmware is in a folder called "old firmware" on your tablet.
Thanks, Im normally pretty good with this stuff but this supernova is giving me issues, not used to not having a recovery screen lol. sorry for the double post im not sure how that happened. is there a place where guides for this tablet are that i have missed, im not even sure how to get it to update / rollback even knowing where the firmware is

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Most of the info is in the e-manual on the tablet. But all you have to do is copy the file from /old firmware to the root of the tablets internal SD then power off, power back on holding the up volume and the power button until your see the Pandigital log, then let go of the buttons and let it do it's thing.

I tried to flash a clockwork recovery on to it but it just erred out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, Im normally pretty good with this stuff but this supernova is giving me issues, not used to not having a recovery screen lol. sorry for the double post im not sure how that happened. is there a place where guides for this tablet are that i have missed, im not even sure how to get it to update / rollback even knowing where the firmware is
I totally you agree with you about the PD SuperNova being complicated not having a recover screen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok ... try this.. un-mount your SD card ... plug your SuperNova in to the computer you should see the PD_Universe in there should be a download folder.. that should be writeable.. Dump the apk in that folder .. disconnect the SuperNova and reinstall the SD card... It may have to be a cleanly formatted card as well.

If that does not work try a factory reset then try it again... I did not let any OTA firmware run and still have not checked if any are available I'm running IR80_S_BN_W_A_A_09282011
Hmmmm Im trying to follow your instructions on dumping the .apk for the GingerBrk into the Download folder. My problem is I don't have a Download is it possible for me to create one and make it writable??

The Only Folders I Have Are,

/PD_Universe
//.fugooewdata
//Android
//DCIM
//LOST.DIR

fyi, I have done a factory reset twice is it possible the folder was deleted since I haven't downloaded anything else to the Tablet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can create one. I did using explorer via usb. It worked fine. Hwever when i turn on debugging my computer failed to recognize the device as removable storage. Hell it just disappeared. Weird but no big deal.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I put it in /flash. its writeable.
The download directory isn;t even necessary, it's about keeping your drive clean. You can create any name folder you want to install from or drop it right on the root and install. I alwasy have apps, games, video, and music on a pad just to keep it organized, browsers and markets will create a download if they need them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the pad is showing up in device manager with an exclamation and no drivers, google mexus USB drivers and install them, or get the ADB drivers, kind of hit and miss with those, somrtimes it works perfect, sometimes it hangs on enable usb.

The download directory isn;t even necessary, it's about keeping your drive clean. You can create any name folder you want to install from or drop it right on the root and install. I alwasy have apps, games, video, and music on a pad just to keep it organized, browsers and markets will create a download if they need them.
So I have rooted PD_SN with GingerBreak successfully, I have Titanium Backup and everything working. I have all the google apps and Android Market. "My Question To Everyone is, How do I get an Updated Version of The Market to Work????? I mean I know where to find them and how to download the .apk but keep getting error's when trying to load them. I thought that was the point of rooting it to bypass that issue. Maybe Im missing something, and this is highly possible since I am very new to this. Any assistance would be highly appreciated."

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
So I have rooted PD_SN with GingerBreak successfully, I have Titanium Backup and everything working. I have all the google apps and Android Market. "My Question To Everyone is, How do I get an Updated Version of The Market to Work????? I mean I know where to find them and how to download the .apk but keep getting error's when trying to load them. I thought that was the point of rooting it to bypass that issue. Maybe Im missing something, and this is highly possible since I am very new to this. Any assistance would be highly appreciated."
Download an app like Optimize Toolbox, or Root Uninstaller then go in and uninstall market before you try to install the new version, but just market nothing else.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts