1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Method 1:

I use Zhuodashi from here :

http://www.dashi.com/product/5.html

Download link --> http://static.opda.com/zhuodashi/ZhuoDaShi-2.2.11-setup.exe

However it doesn't seem to work first time around at least according to root checker. So I run the process again and it works. Hope this helps.

Method 2:

Fredphoesh has found another method over on vondroid. Credits to sunnydavid for this method and thanks to Piers.

http://vondroid.com/index.php?threads/1004/

Jez
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use Zhuodashi from here :

http://www.dashi.com/product/5.html

Download link --> http://static.opda.com/zhuodashi/ZhuoDaShi-2.2.11-setup.exe

However it doesn't seem to work first time around at least according to root checker. So I run the process again and it works. Hope this helps.

Jez
Can confirm that! It often takes two runs to root it. Don't know why, but it works.

P.S. Shouldn't this thread go in the FAQ/Guides section? There could be guides on rooting, flashing firmware etc. Would be useful to reduce repeating questions in the normal threads.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can confirm that! It often takes two runs to root it. Don't know why, but it works.

P.S. Shouldn't this thread go in the FAQ/Guides section? There could be guides on rooting, flashing firmware etc. Would be useful to reduce repeating questions in the normal threads.
Yes it should and now it is

I would ideally like to make this section as useful as my original Cube U30GT section in terms of guides and howto's etc.

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be ok. If it doesn't work the tablet should be no different; at least that's what I have found. You may need to run it twice though.

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hrmm seems some fool deleted my posts made weeks ago on how to root the pipo m1 and also how to enable use of the ps3 controller on pipo m1
The mods here wouldn't have deleted your posts deliberately and certainly wouldn't appreciate being called fools. Please repost the info and I'm sure it will be appreciated by the community.

Regards
Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG the app is in chinese, are there any instructions anywhere?

EDIT- i found TPSarky rooting method on vondroid... worked fine.

tx
Mark.
Thanks Mark, I will add a link to the other method in the first post.

Jez

·
Registered
1 Posts
STEPS TO FLASH THE STOCK ROM ON A PIPO M1 (thanks to ChristianTroy for these instructions)

Steps
I. FLASHING THE STOCK ROM
A. For Pipo M1 users, the tablet must be turned on. DO NOT connect the tablet to the PC yet.
B. While holding the Vol- button, connect the tablet to the PC. NEVER let go of the Vol- button yet.
C. While still holding the Vol- button, press the 'reset' button at the back of your tablet.
D. You will be in Flash Mode. You will know you are in Flash Mode if the tablet stays in a black screen, rather than rebooting. Once in Flash mode you may now flash your firmware.
E. If the above steps don't work, try to kill adb by issuing the command 'adb kill-server' at the command prompt before trying the steps. If you still can't go to flash mode, try restarting your PC and your tablet for a fresh start.
F. If this is your first time connecting your tablet in flash mode to your PC, the PC will detect the new hardware. It will not install drivers yet. If it can't install the drivers correctly, open device manager and search for the device with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point. Go to its properties, then update/install drivers. In installing the drivers, point to the correct folder for your OS. Once the drivers are installed, you may redo the flashing steps until the tablet in flash mode and the pc are in sync.
G. *For the RKBatchTool, you will know that you are in flash mode and connected when the indicator below (connected devices) has a green color.
H. Choose the firmware you will flash, then click on restore.
I. Wait till it finishes. It will tell you if it is successful or not. It will boot the device.
J. After the firmware flashing, the tablet may seem to 'hang' on boot but just wait and let it finish. Once you are already booted (and set-up), go to flash mode again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just bought the pipo max m1 , the manual is in english but everything else is in chinese, what do I do ? does it need a language change if so how? or does it require a fireware update if so which one is the best that does not cause any problems?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.