Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much and I was able to root my imagine 7. But it's really lagging.. Like it's trying to load something really heavy stuff.. been a while now but still being so laggy that I don't know what to do.. tried rebooting but didn't help me at all.... D:

+ Tried Rerooting two times with no success on solving the lag issue.. Why... D;

+++
FIXEDD!!!! Just have to get the right version of Bin4ry tool!!

I believe I got the old one which caused this freaking lag problems

If you get a version V18 something, It works perfectly Fine! YEAY!!!

THANK YOU! WOO HOO GOOGLE PLAY!

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do I uninstall built in apps? I want to get rid of things like "Get Netflix" "Get Facebook" etc. But, it says "Uninstall Unsuccessful" I thought the point of rooting the tablet was to be able to uninstall and do whatever I wanted. Got it. Just had to enable the right setting in Root Explorer.

Is there a way to unroot back to factory default if I want?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still lost on how to get the root to work. I thought I followed the steps correctly but nothing changed. I admit I am afraid of bricking my tablet. Can anyone give an up to date step by step procedure to follow? Kind of an idiot's guide if you will?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, I installed Root Checker on my Imagine 7 and it says "Sorry! This device doesn't have proper root access."

Game Guardian won't run, so I'm thinking there's a problem.

Ideas, help, anything?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ok, I installed Root Checker on my Imagine 7 and it says "Sorry! This device doesn't have proper root access."

Game Guardian won't run, so I'm thinking there's a problem.

Ideas, help, anything?
It looks like we may only have a partial root. The default prop in the boot.img is set to ro.secure=1 when it needs to be 0. The problem is you can edit the one in the root, but as soon as you reboot it is restored. I have tried unpacking and repacking the boot.img but no luck so far. you can check yours using rootexplorer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just rerooted it. Put the ADB files you provide in stuff folder of "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18.7z" and it worked this time.

Only problem I have left at the moment is some of my app icons don't display their own graphics, instead, it's just the lil green android guy. Sometimes they refresh and show up after I rotate the tablet, sometimes they don't. But, Root Checker now says it's rooted successfully and Game Guardian works.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I just rerooted it. Put the ADB files you provide in stuff folder of "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18.7z" and it worked this time.

Only problem I have left at the moment is some of my app icons don't display their own graphics, instead, it's just the lil green android guy. Sometimes they refresh and show up after I rotate the tablet, sometimes they don't. But, Root Checker now says it's rooted successfully and Game Guardian works.
Cool, then it looks like it is only the 10.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have tried rooting several times and can't get my imagine seven to root. HELP!! I downloaded the Bin4ry file to my PC. Downloaded the Imagine 7 ADB file and put it in the "stuff" folder in place of the other files. Hooked up my tablet to my PC, turning on USB debugging and ran the Bin4ry file with the 1 command. Nothing. It says it can't verify the path. I don't know what I am missing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have tried rooting several times and can't get my imagine seven to root. HELP!! I downloaded the Bin4ry file to my PC. Downloaded the Imagine 7 ADB file and put it in the "stuff" folder in place of the other files. Hooked up my tablet to my PC, turning on USB debugging and ran the Bin4ry file with the 1 command. Nothing. It says it can't verify the path. I don't know what I am missing.
Were you able to install the tablet driver properly? Meaning that when you connected your tablet to PC, did you install the driver not automatically but by yourself with clicking the directory and stuff?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Were you able to install the tablet driver properly? Meaning that when you connected your tablet to PC, did you install the driver not automatically but by yourself with clicking the directory and stuff?
Every time I tried to install the drivers, it said they were already installed successfully. They were the windows drivers, I can't install the new ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hoping for a suggestion of how to proceed. My Win7 pc shows my Imagine 7 in device manager. Have run cmd as administrator and the list of devices comes up empty. What should I try next? Tried reinstalling the drivers a few times with no real difference. Been using the ones listed here copied/replaced into the stuff folder of Root with Restore by Bin4ry v26. Any ideas would be appreciated . . .

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hoping for a suggestion of how to proceed. My Win7 pc shows my Imagine 7 in device manager. Have run cmd as administrator and the list of devices comes up empty. What should I try next? Tried reinstalling the drivers a few times with no real difference. Been using the ones listed here copied/replaced into the stuff folder of Root with Restore by Bin4ry v26. Any ideas would be appreciated . . .
Is Windows letting you replace the driver, or is it giving you the message the best driver is already installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is Windows letting you replace the driver, or is it giving you the message the best driver is already installed?
Sorry! Didn't mean to ignore your potential assist there. Thanks for taking the time. It does keep telling me I have the best driver. Honestly, I'm trying to follow directions but I lack any real comprehension about what I'm doing. If you could kindly point out what I'm getting wrong, I'd be grateful. I switched to the other root method and ran into the same issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've tried everything I can not do this.... I downloaded the good script. I downloaded the adp files but still no luck could someone help me please. I run the program but no thing happens. I even got my computer to have a device installed so it reads as adp device..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Sorry! Didn't mean to ignore your potential assist there. Thanks for taking the time. It does keep telling me I have the best driver. Honestly, I'm trying to follow directions but I lack any real comprehension about what I'm doing. If you could kindly point out what I'm getting wrong, I'd be grateful. I switched to the other root method and ran into the same issue.
Uninstall the device and choose the option to remove drivers as well. Then reboot and try reinstalling the device. Never let Windows choose the driver, choose the have disk or browse for driver option.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've tried everything I can not do this.... I downloaded the good script. I downloaded the adp files but still no luck could someone help me please. I run the program but no thing happens. I even got my computer to have a device installed so it reads as adp device..
You need to post in detail what exactly happens.

I run the program but no thing happens.
This implies that when you click on it absolutely nothing happens no pop up screen, no error codes, nothing. If that is the case you are doing something wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uninstall the device and choose the option to remove drivers as well. Then reboot and try reinstalling the device. Never let Windows choose the driver, choose the have disk or browse for driver option.
Success! Your simple and sorta obvious advice did the trick. I'm a dimwit not to have tried that sooner. Uninstalled my Imagine 7. Installed with Root folder's drivers and everything went like it should. Ran the Gapps Script and I now have the Play Store. Yay!
You're so helpful! I noticed I can't turn Bluetooth on now(?). But that's not so important to me. Thanks again for investing your time, plus providing the method + instruction, as well as all the hand holding here on the forums.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Success! Your simple and sorta obvious advice did the trick. I'm a dimwit not to have tried that sooner. Uninstalled my Imagine 7. Installed with Root folder's drivers and everything went like it should. Ran the Gapps Script and I now have the Play Store. Yay!
You're so helpful! I noticed I can't turn Bluetooth on now(?). But that's not so important to me. Thanks again for investing your time, plus providing the method + instruction, as well as all the hand holding here on the forums.
Not at all. That is the most common error with flashable USB and Windows is Windows using the incorrect driver. Sometimes deleting uninstalling the existing driver doesn't work and it becomes a big pain in the posterior.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts