Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ joe

I just saw you have a RK3168 device. You're wrong here. Look for Root RK3168 KITKAT on Google.

Sent from my FNF ifive 3 / Android 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the MK809 3 (RK3188), but the tutorial did not work, every time I restarted it activated the connection to the computer and then restarted the program again, but in the end did not release root access.

My problem is that applications do not connect to the internet, I'd have to change the file "host" in the folder "/ root / etc", but I can only have root access.

Could help to solve this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am a new member and have read this topic with great interest as I have a Chinese Samsung Quad Core 2.0GHz Tablet Model P9700 9.7 inch Screen Android 4.4.2 DDR4GB HD 64GB RK3188 Processor Model:Cortex-A9. I bought it from here http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6196101760.html?orderId=63459989040522 I tried to root this device using the method from page 1

1. Turn the device on
2. Make sure USB debugging is enabled
3. Connect the device to Win7 (I have win 8.1)
4. Start the file "TPSparkyRoot.bat" as admin

The tablet went through the 3 reboots successfully but it's not rooted, Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been looking for about a month and a half now how to root my tablet usually I'm very good at this but I have research all I can and I am stuck so the visual and 10 Q with KitKat 4.4 point to has a rk3188 chip and the kth495 recovery...can't do anything with it ...using adb everything says error device offline any help would be greatly appreciated
so I have adb updated ... I can get the tablet into download mode I guess it would be I would a power down I hold the VOLUME DOWN button and that's when the rk firmware tools recognize the device.....
when I try to use any type of rooting tool it says device offline if you could point me into any direction of how to just get root I'm not worried about a ROM or recovery..in the recovery that on it there is a ADB sideload option is there any way to force it that way?...and if so what files and directories do I do it I mean I'm not exactly sure how to manually use adb what just the commands

is there any way or how should I go about asking the company for a recovery for the device it's a visual land and Megatron is the one who pointed me in this direction so any help would be great for

I have try all rooting method are all the tools that are available out there so if you could help me find a firmware to flash it with the rkbatch tools would be great....

Does this tablet have a locked boot loader?

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ alldayi420
Do you have your stockrom? Upload it to a fast filehoster like Mega and I will try to root it for you.

Sent from my UMI Cross C1 using Tapatalk 4

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
I rooted an RCA pro 10" tablet with root genius. The tablet has a rk3188 and mali 400 in it. Root genius installed king User instead of superUser / su. The tablet was rooted though. I tried to install CWM, what appeared to happen was king user never granted permission and the tablet bricked. I have stock images I will attempt to flash with the tool. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience unbricking a 3188 with root?

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
I've been looking for about a month and a half now how to root my tablet usually I'm very good at this but I have research all I can and I am stuck so the visual and 10 Q with KitKat 4.4 point to has a rk3188 chip and the kth495 recovery...can't do anything with it ...using adb everything says error device offline any help would be greatly appreciated
so I have adb updated ... I can get the tablet into download mode I guess it would be I would a power down I hold the VOLUME DOWN button and that's when the rk firmware tools recognize the device.....
when I try to use any type of rooting tool it says device offline if you could point me into any direction of how to just get root I'm not worried about a ROM or recovery..in the recovery that on it there is a ADB sideload option is there any way to force it that way?...and if so what files and directories do I do it I mean I'm not exactly sure how to manually use adb what just the commands

is there any way or how should I go about asking the company for a recovery for the device it's a visual land and Megatron is the one who pointed me in this direction so any help would be great for

I have try all rooting method are all the tools that are available out there so if you could help me find a firmware to flash it with the rkbatch tools would be great....

Does this tablet have a locked boot loader?
when you get root, check here for a custom recovery:

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/arctools-application/clockworkmod-cwm-recovery-easy-install-on-rk3066-and-rk3188-devices/

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
Update: so my tablet will unbrick itself by depleting the battery. Never heard of it before, but it worked. I did have to charge it back up. I installed root checker and confirmed it is rooted. Then I tried flashing the CWM recovery again, using the arctools app, KingUser did grant permissions but the tablet bricked again. Sooooo, I guess it's the generic CWM package it doesn't like - or the flashing app.

After the tablet battery drains again (and I recharge it), I'll try flashing it with the stock recovery, before I completely give it up and look for another recovery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ Paolo

1. Turn the device on
2. Make sure USB debugging is enabled
3. Connect the device to Win7
4. Start the file "TPSparkyRoot.bat" as admin

To make it easier use the TPSparky from here:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/64050-97rq-n90fhd-rk3188/page__view__findpost__p__729874
Hi man you seem to know your way around rooting this tablet but can you help with mine?

Time2touch 10.1'' gc1044e running 4.4.4 kitkat, rk 3188, i am an absolute noob and really need to get this thing rooted (if at all possible)

Can you help me?

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ donbro
As you have a Kitkat system I recommend to use vroot/iroot or kingo root. Good luck.

Sent from my Teclast P80 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems like the most difficult part of rooting this tablet is finding the correct "usb google sdk drivers". I managed to flash new firmwares but I wasn't able to root them because my win7 computer would not recognize my tablet with "usb debbugging" on. For all of you ho are having the same problem download the file in the link below. Use the drivers in the folder "usb driver" and your computer should recognize your tablet as "android composite adb interface". Then execute "TPSparkyRoot.bat" follow the instructions, 3 reboots and its done. Enjoy

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/54FMSCQM0U
Hello

I am a newbie to my attempt to root an Android tablet but I have tried to follow the instructions provided.

I have downloaded the recommended Windows USB drivers so I can see my Android device on windows 8.1 . However, Windows 8.1 rejects my attempt to use these drivers after I plug in the Andorid via a USB cable. These are the screen images of the steps I tried:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B59Hoanc_iitZ0VZMkdtZ1o0ZHc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B59Hoanc_iitaHBRd2JtZ0tDV00/view?usp=sharing

Is there anything I can do to use these USB drivers and then root my Android tablet?

Thanks,

Clive

21 - 40 of 41 Posts