Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping I could get some feedback from some of the more knowledgeable folks here.I've attempted to root the 1.7.4 version of the M003 firmware by doing the following:1. Placing a binary of the su program into the /system/bin folder of the android_fs.tar file2. Editing the passwd file in the busybox.tar file to remove the root password3. Modifying the update.sh script to: * Delete or rename the default su symbolic link to the busybox binary * Do a chmod 4777 on the aforementioned su binaryOf course, whenever I do the flash, either the M003 fails to boot, or it boots and works, but no root. What needs to be done to properly root? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='ratthing;23973]I was hoping I could get some feedback from some of the more knowledgeable folks here.I've attempted to root the 1.7.4 version of the M003 firmware by doing the [URL=following:1]following:1[/URL]. Placing a binary of the su program into the /system/bin folder of the android_fs.tar file2. Editing the passwd file in the busybox.tar file to remove the root password3. Modifying the update.sh script to: * Delete or rename the default su symbolic link to the busybox binary * Do a chmod 4777 on the aforementioned su binaryOf course' date=' whenever I do the flash, either the M003 fails to boot, or it boots and works, but no root. What needs to be done to properly root? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE'] Here is my "personal" method to root 1.7.4 http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m003-android-tablet-discussion/2004-root-1-7-4-a-2.html#post18379

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No luck. I'll get either 1) a machine that boots up, but the file browser and installer programs don't work, or 2) a machine that just loops through the boot cycle again and again. Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.