Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Ok, managed to get this rooted. Download link here. Flash as per usual, install busybox from the play store.
In the mean time, here is a rough guide on how to set up your own little makeshift kitchen. I plan on cleaning it up eventually, but it essentially outlines how I managed to make a custom rom.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10qhxX1MwPE0CpnQekH1TBWuQ3gkaqWWJa7tU5ZSQzvc/edit
Thanks for this mothatt much appreciated.

I have moved this to its own separate thread in the firmware folder.

I have also created one for the kitchen in FAQ/Guides. I wouldn't mind trying this myself for W tablet owners when Cube bring out a new firmware for us.

Jez

Sent from my Cube U30GT-W using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
thank you jezzer will try that now and a BIG Thank you to Mothatt for the rom
Glad to help. Let us know how you get on

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Regarding the new rooted firmware, have you made any other changes to the rom? like remove Chinese apps and default to english.
please do tell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, we look forward to have a rooted version of the oficial -H 1.04....

mothatt, i hope you are already working on it..

·
Registered
43 Posts
my cube is on evo rom and when i tried to flash to jellybean using the usual method i can hear the connected sound from laptop but no green light from rktools. any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my cube is on evo rom and when i tried to flash to jellybean using the usual method i can hear the connected sound from laptop but no green light from rktools. any advice will be appreciated.
This is interesting no need to run any other software to update.

This cut from the http://vondroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=389

So technically we should be able to run updates straight from the SD card which saves having to use the rock tools. I haven't tested this out BUT if someone wants to then try it out.

1) Copy update.img to root of SD
2) Mount SD
3) Unmount
4) Mount
5) Wait and see if the message appears.

It really work. i just update today from sd.

This is pretty typical of RK tablets! In fact that is what update.img is really for. It will update boot, kernel, system without erasing user data when update.img is put on SDcard. Sorry nothing new here

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

So technically we should be able to run updates straight from the SD card which saves having to use the rock tools. I haven't tested this out BUT if someone wants to then try it out.

2) Mount SD
3) Unmount
4) Mount

This is pretty typical of RK tablets! In fact that is what update.img is really for. It will update boot, kernel, system without erasing user data when update.img is put on SDcard. Sorry nothing new here
Nice find thanks
Maybe this should have a topic of it's own as an alternative flash method?

Jez

·
Registered
43 Posts

2) Mount SD
3) Unmount
4) Mount

i managed to flash successfully from rktools from my evo folder which i flashed previously. dunno y i cant do that from standalone rktools.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bave tried to update to the new jb image using this system but nothing happened. I renamed the file to update and put it in the root of my sd card and my external sd card but never got any message. Anyone got any ideas where I am going wrong as I would like to use this method

Cheers

Monoximian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi mothatt,

Appriciate you great work with moding Cube's roms!

I have a big favour .. is there a possibility to get this room cleanded and moded like you did with 1.04 ? I mean to remove chinese apps/default english etc ..

Thanks in advance,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts