·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Xau - but considering all the recent Apad nonsense over this or that firmware not to flash (or is it to flash, blue or red LED - we're only missing green... ) - maybe here's a way through to root without flashing an alternative ROM or FW. Thanks for testing the Gentouch, though!

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
What is ROOTING ?When you receive a MID, isn't Android ready to go?I'm reading about this ROOTING.... or is this just for custom ROMs ? (im getting an Opas A1 telechip variety and I dont think there are custom roms for it, just the standard droid 2.1update1)--i was reading about Ram Swaps and people are saying to root it first?anyone clear this up for me?thanks

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Rooting is a reference to the "root" user in linux, which has permission to do anything to anything on the device. It allows you to change the way the device does things, rather than just change which program it uses to do things (which is generally called hacking). If you don't know what you're doing, it's best to leave rooting alone, hence Don's suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts