Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
This zip file will root your Vi30D with the latest firmware V4.2.2. Here are the steps:
  1. Copy the attached zip file to microSD card
  2. Shutdown the tablet completely
  3. Insert the microSD in the tablet
  4. Press and hold the tablet Home button and press power button until tablet starts (do not release home button until you see Recovery screen)
  5. Use the volume key (under the power button) to move to apply update and press power to select
  6. Choose from EXT and you will see list of files on microSD card
  7. Move to the file you downloaded and press power
  8. Make sure it says successful and reboot
  9. Congrats your tablet is rooted and you can remove the unwanted apps with ES file explorer

Please report success/failure and model

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will it work with the onda v971t v7 dual amlogic 1.5Ghz cortex a9 mali 400 dual gpu? will it work with?

Gus
I haven't tried it on that but if the firmware is JB 4.2.2, it will most probably work. Try it anyway as it will not do any harm if it doesn't. You need to put your tablet in recovery mode, it will be the same if it has a home (hardware) button. Please report back

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I flashed your ROOT files on my Onda vi30dc. I have the tablet flashed with stock but deodexed 4.2.2.
It seems that the tablet is not fully rooted.

Some programs report that they have root access (ie Go Backup, CPU Master Pro, CPU Tuner are on the Super Su list) but some of them do not work as they used to: CPU Master Pro, CPU Tuner are unable to set CPU speed and governor.
I also was unable to edit build.prop, data folder is hidden etc.

However I was able to restore backup with Go Backup.

Strange.
Once the tablet is rooted, it is fully rooted. To test the root, download any terminal app and type su and you should see '#' sign which means you are in root mode. How did you try to edit build.prop ?. I usually ES explorer and enable root access and top level, please try it and let me know as I don't have the tablet in hand to test.

p.s. where did you get deodexed version ?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was only able to flash my vi30DC to 4.1.1 (not successful with 4.2.2). Will i be able to root my tablet using the file given. if not, what can i do to root my tablet...thanks
The 4.1.1 is already rooted so no need to root. Why you weren't successful on installing 4.2.2 ?. If you have tried to flash 4.2.2 directly after a v1.5 firmware, it will not work so you need to flash a v2 firmware then flash 4.2.2

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First of all i would like to thank you for the ideas you have contributed in this forum. It is of great help specially for us newbies

I'm so sorry i haven't realized that 4.1.1 is already rooted, anyway, i tried to flash 4.2.2 but it fails at 75%, maybe i am missing some things. What i want to do for now is to maintain 4.1.1 but i have to remove the unnecessary Chinese apps. Your help my friend will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much
I had the same issue you had with 4.2.2 and here is what I did. I used the flashing software on windows to flash v1.5.5 on the tablet and then started the tablet. Again shutdown the tablet and flashed the JB 4.1 version (I think it was 1129 or something like that) using the SD card and booted the tablet. Again, I shutdown the tablet and flashed the 4.2.2 version using the tool and it worked. Since you already have 4.1 installed, are you using Windows 7 64bit to flash ?, that didn't work for me and I used an old Windows XP to flash and it worked.

For the Chinese apps, the easiest way is to install ES explorer. in the app, menu->tools->Root explorer->uninstall system app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.