Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was only able to flash my vi30DC to 4.1.1 (not successful with 4.2.2). Will i be able to root my tablet using the file given. if not, what can i do to root my tablet...thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 4.1.1 is already rooted so no need to root. Why you weren't successful on installing 4.2.2 ?. If you have tried to flash 4.2.2 directly after a v1.5 firmware, it will not work so you need to flash a v2 firmware then flash 4.2.2
First of all i would like to thank you for the ideas you have contributed in this forum. It is of great help specially for us newbies

I'm so sorry i haven't realized that 4.1.1 is already rooted, anyway, i tried to flash 4.2.2 but it fails at 75%, maybe i am missing some things. What i want to do for now is to maintain 4.1.1 but i have to remove the unnecessary Chinese apps. Your help my friend will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same issue you had with 4.2.2 and here is what I did. I used the flashing software on windows to flash v1.5.5 on the tablet and then started the tablet. Again shutdown the tablet and flashed the JB 4.1 version (I think it was 1129 or something like that) using the SD card and booted the tablet. Again, I shutdown the tablet and flashed the 4.2.2 version using the tool and it worked. Since you already have 4.1 installed, are you using Windows 7 64bit to flash ?, that didn't work for me and I used an old Windows XP to flash and it worked.

For the Chinese apps, the easiest way is to install ES explorer. in the app, menu->tools->Root explorer->uninstall system app
Thank you once again my friend for the quick response, i will try to reflash again later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same issue you had with 4.2.2 and here is what I did. I used the flashing software on windows to flash v1.5.5 on the tablet and then started the tablet. Again shutdown the tablet and flashed the JB 4.1 version (I think it was 1129 or something like that) using the SD card and booted the tablet. Again, I shutdown the tablet and flashed the 4.2.2 version using the tool and it worked. Since you already have 4.1 installed, are you using Windows 7 64bit to flash ?, that didn't work for me and I used an old Windows XP to flash and it worked.

For the Chinese apps, the easiest way is to install ES explorer. in the app, menu->tools->Root explorer->uninstall system app
i finally did it. Yes, The good old windows xp did the job..., Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.