Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think it is possible. It appears that Eken went ahead and set up a root account on the M003, with a password. So even when you manage to setuid the su command, it asks you for a password. I tried every guess I could for the password, but no joy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmm i do have root on my Eken M003 1.7.4If you know how todo it you can esxchange this line$1$Ns3hREef$0NTeIMTLnMpEpd7sq/j2G1with your passwordline in the original flashfile you need a unix/linux system todo that though.I could try (over the weekend) to upload my own flashfile/script directory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be suberb if you could share that script folder. btw this hash in: flash:$1$e7P29zOe$xIjGofA4/gAF6PQIA3OQD might be just string "123456" so if we swap that hash to root then we might have working root password? or then i'm just dreaming :)Anyway why do we need linux system to modify that file?

·
Registered
113 Posts
ah not necessarily a linux system but somethign that cna make those hashes ^^'somehow i had it in my brain that only linux or something like that could do it (easily) thats absolutly not true as there are many a programs to generate the string needed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
you could try to simulate an installation and generate a passaword with 1 seed with which to encrypt the password hash format and then place it inside that file you think might work? the function f (hash-password + seed) should be equal for all systems linux right? I think ubuntu uses sha512, you know that Android uses Algor?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zerodime;15354 said:
Hmm i do have root on my Eken M003 1.7.4If you know how todo it you can esxchange this line$1$Ns3hREef$0NTeIMTLnMpEpd7sq/j2G1with your passwordline in the original flashfile you need a unix/linux system todo that though.I could try (over the weekend) to upload my own flashfile/script directory.
Can you find time to upload files?

·
Registered
330 Posts
@mjorte: In theory, if you're talking about the same password management, you should change the string like this:root: 0:0: root: /: / busybox / bin / shI do not assume any responsibility for this suggestion, partly because I've never done something like this

·
Registered
3 Posts
mmontecchi;18379 said:
This is my way of rooting the 1.7.4 M003 fw.Using the eken_tools_for_m003.zip and changing the update.sh with the one provided here (rename update.sh.txt to update.sh).Then install ConnectBot.apk and SuperUser.apk.Open ConnectBot and type su.
Hi sorry for been noobie but how do I connect to my eken m70003 to my computer via wifi, to make the market works? I am stucked on the connectbot first screen (on eken device), 1 - what type do i choose, ssh, telnet or local ? 2 - waht do I type as [email protected]:port ?? 3 - On computer i type adb devices, but don?t show my eken therethank you!Patrick

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
When doing market hack I get thisE:android-sdk-windowstools>adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbfailed to copy '/data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db'to './accounts.db': Permission deniedI'm running ecotox 1.3.1 which said auto root. But this looks like I'm not rooted. is there something else I need to do. SU permissions or something?adb shell for sqlite3 failed so need to pull push account.db to PC

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mogrith;32152 said:
When doing market hack I get thisE:android-sdk-windowstools>adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbfailed to copy '/data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db'to './accounts.db': Permission deniedI'm running ecotox 1.3.1 which said auto root. But this looks like I'm not rooted. is there something else I need to do. SU permissions or something?adb shell for sqlite3 failed so need to pull push account.db to PC
you need to change permissions to that file first. ttyadb shellsuchmod 777 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbexitexitadb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Duh! look at the slate it wants you to grant Root access
This is what happens if just leave it there w/o doing anythig.E:android-sdk-windowstools>adb shell/ $ susuchmod 777 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbchmod 777 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbexitexitexitexitadb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbadb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db^CE:android-sdk-windowstools>adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbfailed to copy '/data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db'to './accounts.db': Permission deniedAll su seemed to do was echo any string I gave it until I ^c and so did not work.
Just tapped allow when SU asked permission on the M003.it worked
edit did Not-I'm going to Flash this Rom again for another wiki guide. I'll try again with a fresh install. Ecotox 1.3.1 is supposed give root. Whats a simple way to tell?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just to uderstand:So, at the middle of firmware update, after copyng the busybox things, you rename the symlinked su to su.bak so the OS wil use the su command located in /system/bin, chowned to root and set the SUID. Right?And what about the root password?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.