Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Grab 'Superuser 2.2.2' from; [APP] Superuser 2.2.2 - Install fixed (really this time) [2010-07-07] - xda-developersit is a signed zip but figured I'd make this is as basic as possible with breaking out the 2 files (su and Superuser.apk) and keeping the steps pretty basic... so unzip the the file and extract the 2 files from it... then;=====================================================================adb connect Tablet-IPADDR:5555adb -s Tablet-IPADDR:5555 install Superuser.apkadb -s Tablet-IPADDR:5555 shell# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system# ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su# exitadb -s Tablet-IPADDR:5555 push su /system/xbinadb -s Tablet-IPADDR:5555 shell# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su# rebootAlternatively, and easier on the ZT-180...Download 'Universal Androot' http://blog.23corner.com/2010/08/12/universal-androot-1-6-1-released/and install for a one click rooting solution!

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JTBNET,I went through the process and all seemed well. Now when I adb shell and get to the # prompt and I type su, I get an error message something like "reloc_library[1300]: 2837 cannot locate 'ZNK7android6Parcel15setDataPositionEj' CANNOT LILNK EXECUTABLE"I tried to run the process again, but I get an error after the mount command line teliing me the "link file exists". How to I get a do over" Or do you know what I did wrong.Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
[quote name='dinsight3fl;33221]...I tried to run the process again' date=' but I get an error after the mount command line teliing me the "link file exists". How to I get a do over" Or do you know what I did wrong.Thanks![/QUOTE'] The ln command is a 'create link to' command... thus you would need to rm the original link were you to want to create the link anew... else you get already exists... as you want to the link to point exactly to the same file no need to remove it... just skip this step second time around...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys sorry to be pain I think I asked this same question in the wrong forum topic, I have followed the steps above and all the commands seem to have succeeded I installed superuser.apk I can now see that in my tablet as Superuser Permissions. I have installed root explorer but when it starts it says it wasn't able to get root access and it might because it was the first time I ran it, but it says that all the time. Have I missed a step?Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
[quote name='sildeman;33754]Hi JTBNET' date='did you see the private message I sent you?thanks[/QUOTE'] Sorry... I hadn't noticed the PM as I don't check that much... but I just replied to the PM...

·
Registered
16 Posts
jtbnet;33772 said:
Sorry... I hadn't noticed the PM as I don't check that much... but I just replied to the PM...
Ok. I send a new message, but I think I can share with other readers of this topic.When I use the command "adb shell", I can not root access (the # does not appear). The prompt shows "/ $." Ie without root access. The tablet does not accept other commands. When I type "su" I get the following message: "su: Must Be suid to work properly".What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm confused. I followed the directions posted earlier in this thread to root my ZenPad. It appears to work but when I attempt to push a file into the framwork folder I get a folder is read only message. Do I need to open the shell and issue a su command first? Is only the root available to access? Did I do something wrong?Thanks,Mark

·
Registered
120 Posts
[quote name='sildeman;33790]Ok. I send a new message' date=' but I think I can share with other readers of this topic.When I use the command "adb shell", I can not root access (the # does not appear). The prompt shows "/ $." Ie without root access. The tablet does not accept other commands. When I type "su" I get the following message: "su: Must Be suid to work properly".What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE']Have you made sure that USB Debugging is turned on via Settings/Manage Apps?as "adb shell" throws the command line back to Terminal on your Tablet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
[quote name='MRH;42173]I'm confused. I followed the directions posted earlier in this thread to root my ZenPad. It appears to work but when I attempt to push a file into the framwork folder I get a folder is read only message. Do I need to open the shell and issue a su command first? Is only the root available to access? Did I do something wrong?Thanks' date='Mark[/QUOTE']Adb remount (mounts the FS as RW)then just push the Framework file ie:adb push framework.apk /system/frameworkalso on your Tablet does the Superuser App work?

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Turns out the version of Superuser.apk and su I had installed were not built for Eclair (Android 2.1), after I found this helpful blurb on another forum.
You need to use the eclair version of su and Superuser.apk on zte racer.You can download su-2.1-e-unsecure-signed.zip from here: http://bit.ly/brI0EV
The linked binary from above actually works, but I first had to do this to get rid of the previous (non-working) Superuser app and su command.adb remountadb shell# pm uninstall com.noshufou.android.suthen I repeated these installation steps (use the correct IP address and make sure you have a TCP connection established via ADP)adb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 install Superuser.apkadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 push su /system/xbinadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 shell# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/sunow this puppy works.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have just been using Superuser.apk and Universalandroot.apk and you do not have to bother with all that other stuff. Sometimes I have to re-run the Universalandroot.apk as for some reason rootexplorer and other programs that need root do not find it but it is no big deal to run it a few times now and then to get root access back again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can confirm that Superuser 2.3.3"su-2.3.3-ef-signed.zip" works fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.