Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through every post on here, and I still cannot get Root required apps (Such as SetCPU) to work on the device. I did the copy of SU and Super User permissions way, and the Magic Root Access way, and neither works. Now, if i try to run SU in terminal on the device, or run SetCPU the Novel reboots. I un-installed the Super User APP and the reboots stopped, but unable to get root permission now.Any ideas?CPG

·
Registered
147 Posts
This was originally posted by someone else in the forum, but I just have the info in a text file...From a command prompt in your ADB folder, execute the following commands:ADB Shellmount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /systemcat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/suchmod 4755 /system/bin/susyncreboot

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;20361]Are you guys using the Super Permissions APP also? And if so' date=' what version? I am still unable to get APPS that need ROOT to work.[/QUOTE'] No. All I did was change the permissions on su. After that, setCPU worked fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
cpg716;20616 said:
Which way did you do this?
This was posted by Trillcane in the thread about rooting the PDN, I just quote it here:***** Begin quoteI had to add the 'su' command using the following sequence:adb shell#cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su#chmod 4755 /system/bin/suG'luck! ***** End quoteI just did that... nothing else. Of course, I first installed PandaHome and did all the stuff that Nate said with the Volume Button hack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.