Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
just a question, which is the best way to calibrate my GPS to work well in Argentina, any suggestions? greetings and thanks again.
Thank you,

I did not do any calibration. I just open GPS and from the EPO and AGPS part i checked tham , download EPO file and open GPS TEST application, and thats all. Connects satellites aproximately 30 seconds. If not connected press RESET on that application

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you,

I did not do any calibration. I just open GPS and from the EPO and AGPS part i checked tham , download EPO file and open GPS TEST application, and thats all. Connects satellites aproximately 30 seconds. If not connected press RESET on that application
never with any firmware i have install, i could get it work properrlly, im from Argentina, there is some regional configuration that may i do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Ainol AX1 was working fine for the last month, but now, all of a sudden, it stops recognizing the SIM card. I can fix the problem by rebooting the device, but with the frequency increasing, this has become annoying...

·
Registered
10 Posts
im trying to do the update but when i go to run the flash tool i get an error....Access violation at address 005D90CE in module 'Flash_tool.exe'. Write of address 00000000. when i use another copy of sp tool that does load it says scatter file is wrong format....wth?
rename the folders ithat contained the firmware and flash tool, write something simple and removes all Chinese characters or special symbols, testing back and see that the problem has disappeared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey pulso....
can u give me direct link to this new rom???
i went to his post and i found out that i need to register as member before i can see the link...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you,

Hi x-calibur. I'm in South Africa and also having issues with GPS lock taking long. What GPS app do you use that you have epo and agps option? I can't find it anywhere...Other than that, I am very happy with my ax1. Flashed your new ROM, and definitely have seen an improvement in WiFi and screen response. Also battery life is much improved. I use the tablet as my primary device for calls, mail,browsing and gaming, and my battery lasts on average a day and a half. That's with WiFi on about 4 hours or so and 3g the rest of the time. Also use a bluetooth stylus for calls. I will admit that the screen isn't the greatest(IPS would have been awesome!), but for the price it's a great little tablet. Now all we need is some more ccustom ROMs to choose from...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed x-calibur's rom, work very well, but my mobile phone connection always drop , need reset the tablet to fix it, any thing can do about it? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would it be possible to have this tablet boot up when connected to power instead of showing a charging screen? I understand something would probably need to be changed in the bootloader?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed x-calibur's rom, work very well, but my mobile phone connection always drop , need reset the tablet to fix it, any thing can do about it? Thanks!
i have the same problem with you. but no need to reset, just wait for 5 seconds then the signals show up again.
how to fix it please..always lost connection when playing "Castle Clash" in the middle of the game.

·
Registered
29 Posts
can someone please post a link to x-calibur's custom rom listed on the turkish site. I cant even make an account. for some reason my google translate wont work once you accept the terms of sservice. I would appreciate it. thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the stock ROM. Looking for X-Clibur's custom ROM with CWM recovery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of you having the "Not Detecting Sim" issue or it keeps dropping calls, you need not worry. I have an easy fix for you.

1.Simply Download "Mobile Uncle Tools" from Play Store open it and select "engineer mode" then "Engineer MTK".

If you don't want to download Mobile Uncle Tools then go to Dialer and dial ( *#*#3646633#*#* ) to get into engineer mode.

2. Once in Engineer Mode, under Telephony. Select "Network Selecting"

3. You will see "Select Preferred Network Type" Choose "GSM Only"

4. That's it...for some reason it doesn't seem to read SIM Card properly when it's on "GSM/WCDMA" and "WCDMA"

Maybe it the type of sim you're using...if this doesn't work the please let me know with a reply.

NOTE: No need to flash phone or update firmware to do this. Also, this is for the Ainol AX1 Poseidon.

Cheers!
Hozi

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those of you having the "Not Detecting Sim" issue or it keeps dropping calls, you need not worry. I have an easy fix for you.
1.Simply Download [/size] "Mobile Uncle Tools" from Play Store open it and select "engineer mode" then "Engineer MTK".

If you don't want to download Mobile Uncle Tools then go to Dialer and dial ( *#*#3646633#*#* ) to get into engineer mode.

2. Once in Engineer Mode, under Telephony. Select "Network Selecting"

3. You will see "Select Preferred Network Type" Choose "GSM Only"

4. That's it...for some reason it doesn't seem to read SIM Card properly when it's on "GSM/WCDMA" and "WCDMA"
Maybe it the type of sim you're using...if this doesn't work the please let me know with a reply.

NOTE: No need to flash phone or update firmware to do this. Also, this is for the Ainol AX1 Poseidon.
Cheers!
Hozi
Only problem is, once you do that, no 3g... We need to find another answer. I keep dropping signal on a regular basis. And my AX1 is my daily driver so.....

Also x-calibur's custom rom is giving me fits with random freezes and reboots. Grrr!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
On Pandawill forum, they build a rom for the Freelander PX2, the twin sister of our AX1.

This rom is also based on the X-calibur one. They claims having no more reboots.

But I've flashed it twice on my AX1
Each time I first wiped data, cache partition and dalvik.
I still have reboots in 3G, a lot of, and now also on 2G

21 - 40 of 45 Posts