Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I installed Toreton's ROM and the only issue I had with it was the WiFi would not turn on. The default language still wasn't English after resetting it in settings but i was able to push my build prop to it. and it fixed it. Not sure why the wifi won't work. But no errors or FC except for the .ru LauncherPro..

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I installed Toreton's ROM and the only issue I had with it was the WiFi would not turn on. The default language still wasn't English after resetting it in settings but i was able to push my build prop to it. and it fixed it. Not sure why the wifi won't work. But no errors or FC except for the .ru LauncherPro..
Did you do what he said and change the permissions?
After flashing go to \system\bin and change permissions for "wpa_supplicant" file to activate WiFi and ADhoc!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Did you do what he said and change the permissions?
Yeah the same still, but I think I figured it out. It gave an error when I flashed it I missed the first time something like "found zt280 expected zt282" so I used your kernel and the stock recovery and am about to flash again.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
OK some progress. I was able to get the image flashed, by removing the odexed files from the stock image in /app and /framework and replacing them with Toreton's. I found after changing the default language in the build prop the .ru LauncherPro and Go keyboard to a dump. So I installed Nova Launcher and Jelly Bean Keyboard.

I think after a little clean-up and Toreton's work we could have a nice little ROM. I kind of went overboard with my build.prop but getting 6700+ in CaffeineMark.

So tonight I will use omarahum's kernel and add some system files and I think it should be pretty good to go for testing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you change the language from the settings menu? Can you install thumb keyboard? Can you use Aptoide app? I have these issues and it is enough to claim that it is not stable.

But of course it is a good initiative. You should continue developing it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I continue to work with my ROM... I rebild them and wifi working without edit permissions now...
What about Launcher Pro - it force closes only after first loading!

And one more - I deleted more unusable files, correctly rebuild rom and it was more fast! ))

When I found bugs and fix it, i'll upload Rom!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Can you change the language from the settings menu? Can you install thumb keyboard? Can you use Aptoide app? I have these issues and it is enough to claim that it is not stable.

But of course it is a good initiative. You should continue developing it!
Yes I can change the language after setting the build.prop. I don't use aptiode but 1mobile and Play work. If you would like to buy Thumb Keyboard for me I would be glad to test it, I have only seen paid versions. But apps not working and unstable builds are two different things. Unstable usually means unuseable, aside from a couple of bugs Torenton's works. There are CWM that never get things like camera or G-sensors working but that does not make them unstable.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Does anybody know if you can update the command script to drop the .bz off the end of the tar files? I found the entry just didn't know if changing it would actually work. I was going to try it but am giving up for the night. Tired and just spent an hour trying to figure out why the update wouldn't run. It would have, if I had copied the update folder over.....

·
6,629 Posts
Does anybody know if you can update the command script to drop the .bz off the end of the tar files? I found the entry just didn't know if changing it would actually work. I was going to try it but am giving up for the night. Tired and just spent an hour trying to figure out why the update wouldn't run. It would have, if I had copied the update folder over.....
Just add the .bz to the end of the tar files instead of editting the command file....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I can change the language after setting the build.prop. I don't use aptiode but 1mobile and Play work. If you would like to buy Thumb Keyboard for me I would be glad to test it, I have only seen paid versions. But apps not working and unstable builds are two different things. Unstable usually means unuseable, aside from a couple of bugs Torenton's works. There are CWM that never get things like camera or G-sensors working but that does not make them unstable.
Unstable means working without stability. That is my experience. Even though i change the build.prop, settings fc when changing the language. Thumb keyboard is working in the original rom. I have got the feeling that one or two of important system components missing. If i had enough time, i would develop a custom rom myself but my time is really limited. I hope that i can find some time to do it...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Just add the .bz to the end of the tar files instead of editting the command file....
LOL yeah. It's just that I am using Mint and for some reason the only way I can get into the files is removing the .bz from the end, then name them back. I can unpack them and make my changes then repack them and add the .bz back, just was trying to save a step.

·
6,629 Posts
The only suggestion i can make is:

Use apktool and when done with recompiling, don't simply use the unsignedapk file (unsignedSystemUI.apk etc.). Instead, just extract the newly modified xml from the unsignedapk file, and copy it to over the original unmodified apk via 7zip etc.
Just wanted to thank you once more for sharing this tip, I was finally able to get it to work using the C91 files...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0nb4f7j3n5fv3rf/SystemUI.apk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone knows what is the VideoPlayer in our ROMs? Where is I can upgrade it? Or tell me please another player with "real" fullscreen?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Anyone knows what is the VideoPlayer in our ROMs? Where is I can upgrade it? Or tell me please another player with "real" fullscreen?
I like Meridian or Mobo. Not sure what you mean by real full screen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
is there a free alternative for root explorer? the handful of file/system management apps i've tried have all resulted in a "file not found" error when i try to copy the systemUI.apk file into my /system directory. i'm assuming the problem is because these other apps don't have correct permissions to write into the system directory?

·
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
You can try ES File Explorer and enable root options in its settings...

61 - 80 of 105 Posts