Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Zenithink had released 0314 ICS ROM on the next day of 0312 ROM.

The differences between 0312 and 0314 are the kernels and the command file, also the HDMIswitch and videoplayer.apk and codex.

10" C91 (512MB+8GB) android4.0 2012-03-12_2n_3n_3a & 2012-03-14_2n_3n_3a (This version support Adobe Flash,please see news link)
This version suit to all C91 model,please be noticed the firmware installation method is changed.

Android 4.0
■Version:10" C91 (512MB+8GB) android4.0 2012-03-12_2n_3n_3a & 2012-03-14_2n_3n_3a
■File Name:ZT280_H1_2n_3n_3a_C91_Android4.0_0312.rar & 0314.rar**
**) Be careful that Zenithink's download link still leads you to 0312.rar. The link for 0314.rar is here.
■File Size: 269MB
■Release Date: 2012-03-13 & 03-14
■MD5: 272573d0fd4d43324e3819aea9300edf & d7d9360ee37d50f24140446844b51f47
■SHA1: 19639d31a376b03492a4399005bd8dcfff16f330 & 6bb45ce30d7a7f09d79ef54ae00e0301e9a84e13
■Download Link: *US,European customers please select LOCAL mirror,others select REMOTE mirror.

Resource Update Note: For the C91 series of tablet,Zenithink has three kinds of models:C91_2n , C91_3n and C91_3a( it was printed on the bar code).
When you update your tablet's firmware,if you use wrong version, the Camera or touch screen can not be used. If you would like to upgrade firmware, please use the following steps to select your Hardware version to upgrade:

First extract the firmware which you get or download, then you will see the "zt-update" directroy.

If your model is C91_2n,please copy the four files under 2n directory to zt-update.
If your model is C91_3n,please copy the four files under 3n directory to zt-update.
If your model is C91_3a,please copy the four files under 3a directory to zt-update.

Then follow the way of "The method of firmware installation for this model" to upgrade.

Current Version Update:
Fix the following Bugs:
1. "When I do skype video chat,the other person see pink vertical lines in my video. On my side, I see their video ok".
2. "When I login QQ video chat,the app is exit".

Hum.... Just a weekly update?
I think I will wait for Android 3.0 kernel and back to Gingerbread 0217 until then.

Reactions: paulota

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well to be honest I am happy with the speed of solving problems at the moment, though I wonder when they are going to include the 900MHz kernel that is running smoothly for all of us.

Eventually if the market app updates are getting fixed (Adobe Flash & Google Maps) then there are no downsides for me anymore.

After running Gingerbread on phones I definately see the full potential of ICS on tablets (never want to try GB on tablets anymore, Honeycomb atleast)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can anyone say what version of flash player is supported in this ROM?

Can we include the 900 MHz kernel when flashing this ROM?

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still no word on the Gtalk issue. (Had camera option that crashed the program, now camera option doesnt show anymore)

Love Skype, but it´s not the only program used for video chats.

·
6,629 Posts
Anyone try this ROM yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes, tried but seems to be lazy as the last one (0306)?!?!?! flash support isn't good (browser is restarting) and so on... go back to 0306 with 900mhz kernel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone try this ROM yet?
yes, flashed and it seems to have no real issue for me. did not use flash that often. gtalk issue for me is that there is a overlapping statuswindows, but i can see my conatcs online etc. was suprised about new bootloader screen, spotify is working so my "touch radio" is ready again.

but old kernel, 2.6.xx no 3 but atp told us that this is huge work, so we have to wait. maybe i will try your 900 kernel fix this evening

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone try this ROM yet?
yes, I flashed it, and everything is looking good, to this point. I haven't tested a lot yet, I just got it loaded up. Videos seem to work pretty well (mp4's) will let you know as soon as I test out others. -Tom

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Anyone try this ROM yet?
There's nothing in this update that I need so I'm waiting for the next big update e.g. kernel v3.

Jez

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Who can tell me:

1. Does the built-in VideoPlayer play movies in FULL-screen without any status bar, etc.??

2. Despite official claims, does the built-in VideoPlayer play AC3 auduo?

Thanks!

·
6,629 Posts
Well, that was quick - that last kernel lasted what? 6 DAYS??? sheesh.
LOL, looking at the Zenithink Download page I thought there was already another newer ROM out, the 0314, but I think they just renamed the 0312 as I think the download file is still the same.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Who can tell me:

1. Does the built-in VideoPlayer play movies in FULL-screen without any status bar, etc.??

2. Despite official claims, does the built-in VideoPlayer play AC3 auduo?

Thanks!
1. Yes it does, you may still have black at the top and bottom, but this depends on the resolution of the video, if you go into settings and select full screen, it will stretch the picture to hide the black lines but it then looks out of proportion.

2. Not sure, how can I check if the audio of a film is AC3?
edit: I went to properties, then summary and it says Audio is AC3 and it is working fine, I had not tried this film before, so I don't know that it didn't work before this update.

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
1. Yes it does, you may still have black at the top and bottom, but this depends on the resolution of the video, if you go into settings and select full screen, it will stretch the picture to hide the black lines but it then looks out of proportion.
2. Not sure, how can I check if the audio of a film is AC3?
edit: I went to properties, then summary and it says Audio is AC3 and it is working fine, I had not tried this film before, so I don't know that it didn't work before this update.
upgrade, thank you very much! Good news!
So, there's only one thing that still remains unsolveed for me. That is Volume+ (Sound Boost) not working properly in ICS (I just cannot imagine listening to music without it).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still unable to update Google Maps with this firmware.

Google Play says "Error - Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again"

Could other users please confirm?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

The download page says: 10" C91 (512MB+8GB) android4.0 2012-03-14_2n_3n_3a as already mentioned.
The download link is ,,,/ZT280_H1_2n_3n_3a_C91_Android4.0_0312.rar
BUT if you modify the link address manually to ,,,/ZT280_H1_2n_3n_3a_C91_Android4.0_0314.rar

Your get the 2012-03-12 version.
No idea what the actual difference is, but files are definitely different.

Just downloading now. will flash later.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 208 Posts