Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reverted back to Gingerbread because I was getting impatient with ICS. Been running smoth with the 900mhz kernal for about two weeks. Had it all setup like I wanted , all the Apps working Netflix, the whole works. Two days ago I put it on the charger and I noticed that it hadn't charged.

Thought I had a bad charger or bad battery like Omarahum. I played with the connection for a while and I noticed it started to charge. Today I turned it on and it said the charge was at 69 and I started to get worried. A few seconds later it changed to 92. I put it on the chager for a little bit and then shut it off.

When I turned it on again it acted like I had just flashed it. Everything was gone.

Now everytime I turn it on I get the "Complete action using" box. I might go back to ICS now. Never has this problem with ICS. Just missed Netflix Besides thet it was OK.

·
6,629 Posts
Reverted back to Gingerbread because I was getting impatient with ICS. Been running smoth with the 900mhz kernal for about two weeks. Had it all setup like I wanted , all the Apps working Netflix, the whole works. Two days ago I put it on the charger and I noticed that it hadn't charged.

Thought I had a bad charger or bad battery like Omarahum. I played with the connection for a while and I noticed it started to charge. Today I turned it on and it said the charge was at 69 and I started to get worried. A few seconds later it changed to 92. I put it on the chager for a little bit and then shut it off.

When I turned it on again it acted like I had just flashed it. Everything was gone.

Now everytime I turn it on I get the "Complete action using" box. I might go back to ICS now. Never has this problem with ICS. Just missed Netflix Besides thet it was OK.
Sounds like your nand got corrupted and you need to use the autoscript (auto_update_clean_usr_script)....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like your nand got corrupted and you need to use the autoscript (auto_update_clean_usr_script)....
Went to the market to see if I could download some apps and it said there was no space available. Looked under the storage settings and under Internal storage it had all zeros (0.00)

Restarted and held in the power/camera buttons and just reflashed with Gingerbread since the 0217 zt-update folder was there with the 900 mhz kernal. Seems to be OK now. Internal storage shows 788MB. Do you think it will happen again? I could use the autoscript. Just put a few apps back on so far.

·
6,629 Posts
Went to the market to see if I could download some apps and it said there was no space available. Looked under the storage settings and under Internal storage it had all zeros (0.00)

Restarted and held in the power/camera buttons and just reflashed with Gingerbread since the 0217 zt-update folder was there with the 900 mhz kernal. Seems to be OK now. Internal storage shows 788MB. Do you think it will happen again? I could use the autoscript. Just put a few apps back on so far.
I'm not sure if it will happen again or not, how many reboots have you done since the flash?

I guess you can just use it as is, and if it does happen again, use the autoscript fix (once with autoscript, once without)....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Exactly same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago... What i did is a factory data reset, so it format the data and cache partition, if i remember correct ... and after that restored my titanium backup... Everything going perfect since... and never had this problem again so far...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had titanium backup installed. I need to read up on how to use it. I was lost after I couldn't get to the market. I'm guessing its still on there and I can still restore. After a couple of reboots its still functioning. I would hate for this to happen again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had titanium backup installed. I need to read up on how to use it. I was lost after I couldn't get to the market. I'm guessing its still on there and I can still restore. After a couple of reboots its still functioning. I would hate for this to happen again.
How did you backup apps/system by Titanium Backup? Backup and restore is both sides of coin.

And do you know that Android Market is changed to 'Google Play Store'?

·
Registered
33 Posts
How did you backup apps/system by Titanium Backup? Backup and restore is both sides of coin.

And do you know that Android Market is changed to 'Google Play Store'?
I think I got Titanium figured out. I had Google Play Store before the crash.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exactly same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago... What i did is a factory data reset, so it format the data and cache partition, if i remember correct ... and after that restored my titanium backup... Everything going perfect since... and never had this problem again so far...
Lost everything again. Trying the "Factory Data Reset".

·
6,629 Posts
For some of the apps that would autoclose before starting properly, change build.prop (both lines) ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1 to ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

Helped me with the most recent versions of the Angry Birds games and Google Earth...

·
Registered
33 Posts
For some of the apps that would autoclose before starting properly, change build.prop (both lines) ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1 to ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

Helped me with the most recent versions of the Angry Birds games and Google Earth...
Worked for me. Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Excellent ROM except it does NOT support DTS, AC3, etc. Hate this!! The only solution I've found was Copying all "firmware" folder content from the 20111110 ROM!!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Super tip! None of the games that I tried has been working for me since I downgraded my 3a to Gingerbread. All of them work though now with this great tip. I read that is something about the virtual machine or something? Couldn't find a lot of info about this property but it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you do the changes? I have a app that works well inn ICS but when I try to use it in GB it closes. The app is Copia and I needed for college. Thank you.

·
6,629 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you do the changes? I have a app that works well inn ICS but when I try to use it in GB it closes. The app is Copia and I needed for college. Thank you.
I use RootExplorer, but any file explorer/text editor that you can give root rights to should work. Just make sure you mount the system partition and re-writeable (rw) instead of the defaulted read-only (ro) which is easy to do with RootExplorer with the button on the top, and the build.prop is found in the system folder (/system/build.prop)....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use RootExplorer, but any file explorer/text editor that you can give root rights to should work. Just make sure you mount the system partition and re-writeable (rw) instead of the defaulted read-only (ro) which is easy to do with RootExplorer with the button on the top, and the build.prop is found in the system folder (/system/build.prop)....
Thank you, I did it but did not worked, app keeps crushing. what I found rare is that in ICS works just fine. Vendor says that it should work with FY up to ICS. It may just be my C91. Thank you again for your help.

·
6,629 Posts
Thank you, I did it but did not worked, app keeps crushing. what I found rare is that in ICS works just fine. Vendor says that it should work with FY up to ICS. It may just be my C91. Thank you again for your help.
Hmmm, you are using the stock 0217 Gingerbread ROM? If you are, there are two lines that need to be changed, did you change both and save the file? You also need to reboot afterwards for it to take effect.....

Edit: You're right, Copia seems to always crash back to the desktop on this ROM, even though I was able to register with the app, it doesn't start.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm, you are using the stock 0217 Gingerbread ROM? If you are, there are two lines that need to be changed, did you change both and save the file? You also need to reboot afterwards for it to take effect.....

Edit: You're right, Copia seems to always crash back to the desktop on this ROM, even though I was able to register with the app, it doesn't start.....
Thank you for trying copia, the vendor even stopped responding to my request for help, unfortunately UNM is using this etext book reader and my son will be forced to use I've and not able to use skype or Netflix. Thank you again Omarahum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have successfully flashed a c91upgrade with the 0327 firmware and Omarahum's 900mhz. It's working more than ok
, thanks, Omarahum!

Now I am trying to do a 280c91, but there seems to be different rom's and I can't find the model on this one.
On the barcode it says model:ZT280102C91M512F8. Can't find any n2 or n3, , where can I dind it?
And is there a 900mhz patch for this model?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts