Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new C91 ROM is available for download from the Zenithink site - 20120206
I am just about to flash it and test it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another Official ICS Beta ROM for the ZT-280 C91 tablet!

http://www.zenithink.com/Eproducts_C91.php?download

2n: http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/ZT280_H1_2n_C91_Android4.0_0206_V2.4.rar
3n: http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/ZT280_H1_3n_C91_Android4.0_0206_V2.5.rar
3a: http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/ZT280_H1_3a_C91_Android4.0_0206_V1.5.rar

Resource Update

1. Support VPN.
2. Support external Bluetooth module.
3. Support chair3D.
4. Add app pool.
5. Fix video Calling Bug.
6. add online video Vol+,Vol-.
7. add screen shot.
Note: For the C91 series of tablet,Zenithink has three kinds of models:C91_2n , C91_3n and C91_3a( it was printed on the bar code).
When you update your tablet's firmware,if you use wrong version(Camera or touch screen can not be used), please use the 2 files under corresponding directory replace the 2 files under "zt-update" directory,then update firmware again.

Known Issues

1. Can not support the following audio formats: AC3,AIFF,APE.
2. Can not support the following video formats: TS,WMV,MKV,TP.
3. Can not support Adobe Flash Player.

The method of firmware installation for this model

Using TF card

First extract the firmware which you get or download, then copy the whole "zt-update" directroy into the root directory of TF card.
Put the TF card into TF card slot, then press the "Camera" button at the same time to press the power-on button, then operate as per the reminders shown on the screen, the machine will be installed the firmware and then reboot.

Note: keep charged when the machine is being installed the firmware.
P.S. Sorry for the duplicate post

·
Registered
31 Posts
2N report:
bluetooth works, settings menu added.
root works.
serial drivers still missing, my modules works.
default wallpaper has some black area on left side of screen.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Did a 2n update, no wipe.

I like the new screen capture button although can't see why you would want it there all the time.
Maybe some way of configuring it out?

Seem to be lots of google apps (most of which I wouldn't use).

The camera seems to be much improved in terms of brightness.

Biggy for me is that Market won't load!! Maybe due to no wipe?? Will try and side load it.

Maybe my imagination but navigation etc seems a little more snappy.
Unfortunately, default clock speed is still 800 to 200 mhz.

Jez

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did a 2n update, no wipe.

I like the new screen capture button although can't see why you would want it there all the time.
Maybe some way of configuring it out?

Seem to be lots of google apps (most of which I wouldn't use).

The camera seems to be much improved in terms of brightness.

Biggy for me is that Market won't load!! Maybe due to no wipe?? Will try and side load it.

Maybe my imagination but navigation etc seems a little more snappy.
Unfortunately, default clock speed is still 800 to 200 mhz.

Jez

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk
Market works fine on a full flash and I noticed that during the setup wizard it offered to store
a credit card for future purchase of google apps so I wonder if they have fixed the buy pay apps issue.
As I have no desire sto store credit card details or purchase any apps at present I can't test it fully.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does Netflix work? Thanks early testers.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Had to do a wipe install in the end and so far all ok.

Can't see BBC iplayer in Market; same as before.
No change with flash i.e. not working.
Wmv files still not displaying correctly.

Does anyone know if we can use the previous 2n 900mhz kernel with this build?

Also what exactly does the App Pool app do?

Jez

Sent from my ZT-280 C91 ICS 20120206 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
The app pool is just that a pool of apps, albeit a very small one. You said that flash did not work, but just for everyone's info, did you download version 11.1 of flash? versions 11.01 and older do not work in ICS, only 11.1 supports ICS. Thanks.

I would try myself but I just returned my tablet for replacement because the USB port died. X10 is sending their new tablet, the Airpad XL which is a rebadge of the Ployer MOMO15.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
The app pool is just that a pool of apps, albeit a very small one. You said that flash did not work, but just for everyone's info, did you download version 11.1 of flash? versions 11.01 and older do not work in ICS, only 11.1 supports ICS. Thanks.

I would try myself but I just returned my tablet for replacement because the USB port died. X10 is sending their new tablet, the Airpad XL but i don't know who makes it until i get it and can reference the FCC ID database.
Hmmm... http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_x_10_inch_android_tablet.html

Seems it uses a Cortex A8 CPU - "Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 processor"

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does anyone know if we can use the previous 2n 900mhz kernel with this build?
I tried following 3 patterns.
1. changed ZT280.kernel to omarahum's 900MHz one.
2. changed ZT280.kernel & system.patch.zt280.tar.bz
3. changed ZT280.kernel & system.patch.zt280.tar.bz & system.zt280.tar.bz

Each try succeeded to reflash and reboot, but in any case, clock speed was 200 to 800MHz alas!

Omarahum, could you do us a favour to make your special 900MHz ROM?

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I tried following 3 patterns.
1. changed ZT280.kernel to omarahum's 900MHz one.
2. changed ZT280.kernel & system.patch.zt280.tar.bz
3. changed ZT280.kernel & system.patch.zt280.tar.bz & system.zt280.tar.bz

Each try succeeded to reflash and reboot, but in any case, clock speed was 200 to 800MHz alas!

Omarahum, could you do us a favour to make your special 900MHz ROM?
OK - Here you go, 0206 900 MHz kernels - untested (if you try it, please report back whether it works or not) - http://www.mediafire.../?f1ndwha530kzy

·
Registered
331 Posts
OK - Here you go, 0206 900 MHz kernels - untested (if you try it, please report back whether it works or not) -
Wow! what a quick responce!

I tried your 900MHz(2n) and succeeded to flash and boot.

Please look at the following 'screenshots'!
Overclock to 900MHZ succeeded and what a magnificent result of Quadrant Test!

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Comparing this 0206 and 0109 ROM, my 4 issues are as following;

1. Purchasing paid apps from Market has become enabled as well as cancelling purchased apps.

2. USB flash re-insertion is getting worse. When not inserted, attached File Browser shows 'USB SDA1' which is not showed when USB flash is mounted when boot! Just upside down.

3. Carrier Mail account can not set as last time. I use K9-mail again.

4. Flash player is still unsupported.

All issues are tested before I installed Omarahum's 900MHz kernel.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Thanks Omarahum for 900mhz kernel, that's fast work!
Will try it as soon as I get a chance.

Cjhall - tried a few flash sites using latest flash installed from market...no go.

Ren - 900mhz results look great! I managed to config my carrier email (virgin) ok same as on previous version.

Jez

·
Registered
74 Posts
Updated from Gingerbread to ICS yesterday, and the improvements are very good. My WiFi is much more responsive, connecting in a snap.
Internet browsing runs much smoother. And my 32GB MicroSD is detected normal, Gingerbread had issues with it sometimes, had to unmount and reinsert to get normal storage capacity.

However I encountered a problem with the market, got -101 errors. The market in this build is 3.3.1? I updated it manually by downloading market-3.4.4.apk, still no luck.

The problem wasn't in the build, it was mainly my own fault, I put a titaniumbackup.apk on the SD and used it to restore the account(and other settings like wifi). After adding a second account Market worked fine. I used root exlorer to rename accounts.db (ROOT/data/system/accounts.db) and rebooted. Then adding the first account manually, now it also asked for the paid apps option, but you can skip it. Then Market worked fine.

Conclusion, if updating from gingerbread do not restore the account, but add it manually. Restore of other apps is no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
900mhz kernel working great, thanks Omarahum :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
After testing Omarahum's kernel for one day, I've found no problem.
Everything is OK! Especially graffics, networks and video players work more smooth than 0117 ICS 900MHz.

Please allow me to name this wonderful kernel as 'OK900'(Omarahum's Kernel 900MHZ), so I can describe my ROM as '20120206 ICS with OK900'.

Honour to Omarahum!

Let us donate for him!

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi,

Any1 having "Unfortunately youtube has stopped" error when launching the built-in Youtube Apps for this new ICS release?
seems quite persistent and it will stopped regardless of which youtube movies u try to play...

any work ard for this issue?

thanks.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts