Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I've at last installed and tested this NEW firmware!! All's excellent!! (yet
) Agree with SjPedro's post in the whole (see above). The most important (for me) is that this firmware has at last fixed the MKV extra audiostreams and subtitles bug that I had many times reported here..

Now I'm looking for a method to be able to PAUSE/RESUME built-in VideoPlayer's playback with my USB keyboard SPACE button pressing.. I'd be much more convenient than popping up Player's menu and tapping the PAUSE/RESUME button on screen..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Does this rom still have those annoying phone features?
Or at least does it know its own name? :-D Kinda dislike how the zenithink devs kept all the "reference device" tags from their reference device :-D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is it just me or... has anyone else noticed that in the new firmware 11110 the menu touchbutton (right most button on the screen)seems to be VERY insensitive, it is more or less impossible to get it to open a menu in some applications.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Battery life seems to have been improved even when it's in sleep mode. Left it charged this morning unplugged during lunch time and checked my email just now and it was at 98% which is awesome since in previous roms the battery life would decrease in about 20% in 4 hours which is a lot...will continue testing as the days pass.
youtube still is buggy as hell on this and it doesn't play via browser which is a terrible shame (whether the browser is the built in or dolphin)
flash player seems still a bit slow.
Wifi problems seem to maintain. if the signal is weak it won't obtain the ip address. although if you connect near the source of the signal and go to the same spot you were where the signal was weak and not connecting, it stays connected and you are able to use it. so I expect that the other wifi protocols I was having trouble with (wpa2 enterprise 802.1x in my college) might still freeze the tablet. Will test this on monday.
Slite, I didn't notice that at all. mine is still quite responsive in the capacitive buttons so no issues there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Look what I've found out! This ROM doesn't need to be rooted! Because it has root access by DEFAULT!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I just installed this new ROM. Netflix still doesn't work. The Facebook widget doesn't work right. TapTap Revenge 4 doesn't work anymore. I lost the Need For Speed Shift that came on my tablet.
Any ideas on how to get these working or where to download versions that will work with the new ROM would be appreciated.

Carl

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Question: Anyone get NFS Shift working on this ROM? NFS Hot Pursuit works fine, but Shift just auto closes after the EA logo screen on my tablet.....

·
Registered
490 Posts
No idea ... I don't use the tablet as a gaming machine...mine just is used for work related stuff and some video playback.
Try to install chainfire and use the nvidia plugin see if that does the trick.

·
6,629 Posts
No idea ... I don't use the tablet as a gaming machine...mine just is used for work related stuff and some video playback.
Try to install chainfire and use the nvidia plugin see if that does the trick.
I just wanted to know if it was working with other peoples tablets or not (is it just me), I still can't get it to load (I had already installed CF3D, although on the 0905/0907 Froyo I didn't need to install it for NFS Shift to work). Wondering why it did work on the previous ROMs and not this one...

Maybe I need to reflash this ROM on my tablet?

Another question: Anyone else having trouble with the screen timeout? Most of the time the screen just dims slightly and doesn't turn off when the screen timeout time period has elapsed. Short pressing the power button does shut the screen off, but screen timeout only dims......
Hmmm, it seems to work fine (stays dim for a few seconds then shuts off, but seems to be taking a longer time than on the 0905/0907 Froyo) when it's using the battery, but when plugged in to the power outlet screen timeout doesn't turn the screen off..... Is there a setting somewhere I am not seeing to allow the screen to shut off via screen timeout while plugged in?

·
Registered
490 Posts
maybe the game was changed by the zenithink staff to make it work? try to extract the nfs shift from the previous firmwares and insert it on your sd card and try to install it. see if that does the trick

·
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
maybe the game was changed by the zenithink staff to make it work? try to extract the nfs shift from the previous firmwares and insert it on your sd card and try to install it. see if that does the trick
I don't think Zenithink changed anything with the nfsshift apk, it was only chainfire3d (with the qualcomm plugin) that allowed it to work on the ZT-180's, anyways I am using the same apk I downloaded from the Zenithink ftp a long time, for some reason it can't get past the EA logo on this ROM, it either gets stuck there (and throws a ANR error after a few minutes) or goes back to the homescreen. It's not that important to me if it works or not, I just want to figure out why it isn't working on this ROM (if it's not just me who can't get it to work)...

Thanks for the suggestion though SjPedro....

·
Registered
490 Posts
no problem man. I am currently researching a way to MOD the firmware to change the quantity of touch points on this device. A capacitive screen allows more than two touches anyway so it just might be possible to change the firmware in a way to allow more than two touches.
I have seen mods of this kind done in other android phones (Atrix by Motorola was one of them I believe).
I'll keep researching and see what I can dig up...would be a lot more easy if I had the source code though. not just for the touchscreen. but for the wifi driver aswell. tweak it in a way so that it works better

·
Registered
9 Posts
All - new to the forum and a ZT-280. Just got it last week and realized there was a new Firmware update available. However, call me stupid, but can't seem to get it to update. I put the files in the zt-update folder like directed and press the camera and on-button at the same time, but although it acknowledges the camera button was pushed, it doesn't start the update process.

I'm sure it's probably something simple, but can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
..but although it acknowledges the camera button was pushed, it doesn't start the update process.

I'm sure it's probably something simple, but can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!
1. Does your pad's screen show the "press camera key" message on booting?

2. Insure your SD zt-update folder does not contain any nested folders except the only "media" folder

3. If firmware's files are all OK in zt-update folder then I would try to format the SD, then copy necessary files and try again.

4. If point 3 hasn't helped then I'd try to replace the SD card

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is it just me or... has anyone else noticed that in the new firmware 11110 the menu touchbutton (right most button on the screen)seems to be VERY insensitive, it is more or less impossible to get it to open a menu in some applications.
n/m... I tried to recalibrate the touchscreen, and now it works... Must have been something related to that.

This however is a good tip in general, if you see wierd behaviour of screen/buttons etc etc, try to recalibrate the touchscreen from the settings screen.

·
Registered
228 Posts
no problem man. I am currently researching a way to MOD the firmware to change the quantity of touch points on this device. A capacitive screen allows more than two touches anyway so it just might be possible to change the firmware in a way to allow more than two touches.
I have seen mods of this kind done in other android phones (Atrix by Motorola was one of them I believe).
I'll keep researching and see what I can dig up...would be a lot more easy if I had the source code though. not just for the touchscreen. but for the wifi driver aswell. tweak it in a way so that it works better
If would be very happy if this was possible, my Motorola Defy is another example, limited 2 points touch input by software, but hardware-capable of 10 points. There is a line in the build.properties file, that defines how many touch inputs are allowed, and I can change it from one to 10. However, I tried to change this variable in the C91's build.prop, without any effect. I don't know if CM7 or the Defy multitouch enabler app loads any kernel modules or changes something else then the properties file.

Someone should open up the C91 and take some high-res shots of the mainboard from both sides, so that we can find out what hardware touch controller is used and its limitations.

Aonir

·
Registered
74 Posts
My testing so far:
cons:
WiFi has a lot of problems connecting or staying connected to hidden SSID's. Thought the previous 2.3.4. version was better for me.
Market does indeed feel a bit sluggish.

pros:
Must say animations seems to run a lot smoother.
Some think home button is sensitive, I think it improved and responds as normal.
Rooted from installation, installed Titanium backup immediatly.
NFS HP, didn't work in old firmware gave blackscreen, fixed with this one.
Intensive usage still gives me about 5 hours of usage, no probs there.

Weird:
Charging battery to 100% isn't possible. Hangs at 98%.
I tried Pinball HD version 2.something for all tablets not only Tegra. The XY seems to be inverted, I changed this at the settings, but still has same result. Table only usable sideways. Same goes for Trial Extreme 2 from the market. If I use tilt controls, my rider seems to fall flat on his ass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally got the Firm update to work (kind of) - had to format the card and make sure the zt-update was the only thing on it. However, it says some things failed:

--update oem package...
install zt-update/system.zt280.tar.bz success
install zt-update/data.zt280.tar.bz success
install zt-update/media.zt280.tar.bs success
install zt-update/system.patch.zt280.tar.bz sucess

--patch oem package...
skip patch zt-update/system
skip patch zt-update/data
install oem patch package failed

--update version...
update version failed

Are these suppose to fail? Now when I try to reboot it, I get the ZEPAD logo and then the green android icon and it hangs up. Doesn't do anything. I tried to run the update again and all I got is the same thing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: Figured out my RAR decompressor put all the files in a single directory and didn't have a "Media" folder. Fixed that and ran the setup again and everything worked - says "success" and rebooted. However, it still does the same thing. ZEPAD logo, then Android Icon. The Android icon stays on the screen until I hold down the power button to force a shutdown.

Did I brick the darn thing?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Update: Figured out my RAR decompressor put all the files in a single directory and didn't have a "Media" folder. Fixed that and ran the setup again and everything worked - says "success" and rebooted. However, it still does the same thing. ZEPAD logo, then Android Icon. The Android icon stays on the screen until I hold down the power button to force a shutdown.

Did I brick the darn thing?
Don't think so.... try uncompressing the files again and do the update again... as long as you are getting the zepad screen then you can recover

21 - 40 of 71 Posts