Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM] ZeniBasic ICS v1.3 12/12/2013

78K views 154 replies 41 participants last post by  usabmaster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ZeniBasic v1.3 12-12-13

Hi All,

This Rom is for c91 2a/2n/3n/3a/1a upgr./1n upgr and C92 model!

The c91 2a/2n/3n/3a runs on 800mhz (900mhz available)
The c91 upgrade 1a/1n and c92 runs on 1000mhz

Download :

Zenibasic v1.3

v1.3

- full screen mode added, you can adjust it in setting->display-> fullscreen mode
- all kernels now have 2GB internal memory partition
- 900mhz kernels availabe for 2a/2n/3n/3a
- Zt-280 C92 kernel added
- (noob) installation guide added
- All apps are now 'system' apps, so the apps will still be there after a factory reset.
- added free titanium backup app, so it is possible to delete the 'system' apps
- update all apps
- added latest Playstore.apk in 'media' folder for fast install

installation :
(click here for 'noob' installation guide)

Copy all the files from inside the ZT-280 C91_3a/ZT-280 C91_3n/ZT-280 C91_2n/ZT-282 C91_upgr_1a or ZT-282 C91_upgr_1n folder according to your device.
into the 'zt-update' folder and replace files if asked.(or you can select 900mhz version in the '900mhz version'folder)
Then copy the 'zt-update' folder to your tf card

bootup your device and hold down the camera button
and press the camera button again, when asked
But don't procede, if it says you have a dismatch, check your device type again.
For C92 device you just boot up, but don't forget to delete the zt-update folder for next bootup !
You need to install flash manual from the internal memory folder.

I'm not responsible if it bricks your device, but i've flashed hunderds zenithink tablets and never bricked one

Known issues :

- You have to install flashplayer 10.2 manual from the 'internal memory' folder
- No mousepointer in hdmi mode for the c91 models.
In settings->developer options you can enable 'show touches' for use touchpanel.

Thanks to :

Omarahum -> for the modded Kernels and recovery files !
Cracktech -> for several tweaks
Christian Troy -> for the G-sensor fix, and providing it to Zenithink
Sanek_6630 -> for full screen mod

v1.2.1
download
- G-sensor fix (tiliting) for games like 'temple run'

v1.2

- rework on the Rom, inlcuded all possible files in the system file
- added ASR app for boosting Mic
- added speakerboost app for boosting speakers(use at own risk)
- added filebrowser app, for faster filebrowsing then using esfile explorer
- latest 10.2 flashplayer is available in the internal memory, for some reason it can't install automaticly
- upgraded root app to SuperSU v1.25 (free version)
- added all tweaks from cracktech work
- fixed the mousepointer for the c91 models
- update gmail app
- include 2a files and corrected 2n files
- used cracktech buildprop
- Buildprop line added, to run latest youtube

v1.1
- added ADW Launcher as standard launcher
- added the voicesearch, that was removed in first release
- added the Google quicksearch, that was removed in first release

v1.0
- Made the Rom compatible with c91, c91 upgr. models
- cleaned the Rom from all apps, wallpapers and more.
- only the most standard apps are in this rom, and most of them can now be removed.
- added the buildprop with tweaks and full market from the justingeek Rom, re-enabled 3G
- updated the superuser app to 3.13
- added es file explorer and the 10.2 flashplayer in the standard installed apps
- added the AC3/DTS fix

Orange Gesture Font Red Art

Communication Device Gadget Operating system Font Screenshot

Hope, you like the Rom !

Attachments

See less See more
#106 ·
Hi know ...

pedi here and help put another android system which I was told the zenibasic for my tablet ...

DOWNLOAD which it was zenibasic v 1.2.1

departed the tablet but was out of calibration .... screen which tended to turn it off ...
when I went to turn it on the tablet stay in black

Charging light turns but does not turn the screen seems to turn on the tablet but it shows me image??? ...

that I can do?? plz help help help

as I can do a self update please as I can make it work again: (

#4 ·
Hi,
I installed this ROM on ZT-282 upgrade (1a) which was smooth process and so far no issue.
Just one note here so far I can see, "The c91 upgrade runs on 1000mhz with 2Gb partition", 1GHz is correct, but partition is only 1GB. (870MB).

from first look is very fast.

Tomas

#5 ·
#8 ·
The recovery file is only used when you flash a ROM, otherwise the kernel is used, that's why I didn't think it was important to overclock the recovery....

#12 ·
@freedgt,
Do you mean the voice search ?
About the 3G function, i didn't change it, so maybe it is an error in the standard 0818 rom

@Albert911,
yes, let me know what your findings are after a few days.
I've checked out the adw launcher and it response smoother, maybe i'll use it as standard in next release.

for overclock, you can use another kernel file, made by omarahum
The c91 upgrade is 1000mhz, and that is 'overclocked' by default it is 800mhz
the c91 i've left it on 800mhz, i'll check if it is possible to add a 900mhz version in next release.
a 1000mhz isn't stable enough for most c91 tablets

#15 ·
@Pas in original firmware voice control
speech recognition

How can I activate function?
Looks like he removed the VoiceSearch.apk from the ROM. If you install it, it should start to work again...

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
indeed, i deleted the quicksearch and voichesearch, because i thought you can install it again from the playstore.
but it will not show up in the playstore on the device.
I will add them again in the next release.

#23 ·
Flashed v1.1 on my C91 3a. No major problem found so far. Google Play Music and latest YouTube apps now work. Improved wifi stability (still not perfect though). Less rendering problems with some game (e.g. Heroes call). Overall an excellent job, I certainly recommend flashing this rom. Well done!

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, i installed justinthegreeks Rom no problem from an apk he listed.. Now im trying this Rom and cant figure out how to install it. Im trying to find the right file from the rar. I expanded it and im still lost. Once i can find the right files i understand how to flash it and all that. I think.... Lol. I have the 1n model so do i just install all the files for 1n? Idk. Thanks for any help guys. I really appreciate it. These things are major headaches! Especially for a newb!

#25 ·
If you could run the Justingeek Rom, you should use the 1a model.
Only if you encounter problems with the 1a files, then you use the 1n files.

Extract the rar file,
Copy all files from inside the 'ZT-282 C91_upgr_1a' folder into the 'zt-update' folder
And then copy the 'zt-update' folder on you tf card.

#27 ·
Hi,

I have flashed your ROM on a "regular" C91 (512Mb) of type H1_2n and it works pretty well, thanks a lot for your efforts.
But I am just curious about one point: as far As I know, there is no 0818 version available for "regular" C91 devices (not C91 upgrade versions), so how did you manage to make it compatible with them? Have you picked-up 2n-specific files from a previous "regular" C91 ICS firmware release ?
I am asking, because it would be great if we could try OCE'd versions of the kernel with higher max frequencies/data partition size.

Best Regards

#28 ·
I believe he is using the 0314 ICS kernels, so you can try and use the 0314 OCed kernels and/or 2GB data partition kernel and recovery files of mine.....

The system.zt280.tar.bz file is the same for the ZT-280's and ZT-282's.... The patch files are different.... You could also see what files are different in the system folder Pas included....

#34 ·
i tried it on many c91 1a tablets , no problems
Did you reboot your device once, and tried it again?

And did you copy all the files, and 'system' folder to the zt-update folder ?
because if system folder is missing, or you included the system.patch.zt280.tar.bz from a other c91 folder
Then wifi can't be enabled

wifi files are different for the c91 and c91 upgrade

#39 ·
Strange, i thought you said you had to flash a H3_1n ROM onto your tablet to get the touchscreen to work again....

If it's saying Found'LK:ZT282_H3_1n Dismatch LK:ZT282_H3_1a, it's saying you have a H3_1a kernel/spl on your tablet and you are trying to flash a H3_1n kernel/spl onto it....

#40 ·
Yes that is right. When I did the h3_1a update the screen did stop working. So if I try the zenibasics h3_1a and it gives me a match it should work?
Anyway I've got the zenithink update to reflash if it doesn't. Also the sticker on the side and the internal memory says its _1n.
I'm confused. Oops thinking aloud again.

#41 · (Edited by Moderator)
Don't worry about being confused, Zenithink tablets are very confusing.... Actually there are some H3_1a tablets that have H3_1n stickers and vice versa....
At least you are sure you have a ZT-280 C91 Upgrade H3_1n tablet, lol....

Since you are sure you have a H3_1n tablet, you probably shouldn't flash H3_1a (ZT282) files....

I don't think I ever made a 2GB mod for the H3_1n, but there are some OCed kernels in my MediaFIre folder....

I am not sure why you are getting that error, did you ever flash the correct H3_1n spl onto you tablet? (I think Pas only included the H3_1a spl, and not for the ZT-280's or the H3_1n)....

Can you post the link for the H3_1n ROM that you downloaded/used to fix your tablet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.