Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XAUMOD Firmware for 8 inch, 2 speaker IMX515 tablet (modded from the single speaker XAUMOD ROM)

This system image will almost certainly NOT work on an 8", single speaker (2 screws) tablet!

If you install this on a single speaker iMX515 tablet you will probably find your screen stuck upside down. On the other hand, if you have a two speaker imx515 tablet and installed a ROM that made your screen stay upside down this ROM will probably fix your screen rotation.

This is a modified version of XAUMOD. XAUMOD is a great, stable single speaker iMX515 ROM. I made very few changes.

I added ts.conf to /system/etc. Tweaking ts.conf may correct some screen jitter on your tablet. If you have screen jitter ts.conf will almost certainly not completely fix the issue. You will need to tweak the numbers for your own tablet to see best results. (Screen jitter is actually caused by a hardware issue.)

This has only been tested on my own two speaker iMX515 tablet. You install at your own risk, and I make no guarantee you will have no problems, etc. You know the drill.

Please read the first sentence at the top of this post again - if you are certain you have a two speaker (no screws) clone, click here to download the two speaker version of the XAUMOD firmware.

To install:
Unzip system.img and system.md5 from the download.
Put both files in /sdcard on your tablet.
Power off your tablet.
Hold down the menu and home keys while turning on your tablet.
Don't let go of the menu and home keys until you see the penguin.
You should see the recovery menu when the tablet has booted.
"Update System"
"Wipe cache partition"
"Wipe data/factory reset" (this WILL delete all apps and data in your internal memory)
"Reboot system now"

After reboot you will need to calibrate your touch screen and set up your accounts and apps again. If you have backed up your applications, I strongly recommend do not restore any system apps from your backups. You will most likely have an unstable install if you do.

Changes From the original XauMOD in this version:

* replaced sensors driver with two speaker sensors driver
* added ts.conf to system/etc
* removed pinyin keyboard files

For any other questions please see the great post by Xaueious for his original XauMOD.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, thanks for posting. New here. Question on your rom, I have the gps model (supposedly, but it never locks).

My fw has libgps.so, but not gps.conf. does yours support gps?

Thx in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, system image rocks. Still to check gps but for the time being damn awesome work. Thank you!

To note:
post restore system image, boot a couple times to enable wi-fi (similar to z4root first install). no prob.
recalibration not requested on boot. No prob, worked "out of the box".
less jitter, noticeable better, drag to trash ok for screen icons.
full 360 rotation.
New market (found out I had only seen "old market").
Most everything you need to get started if you buggered your tablet previously.

NICE black theme.

Personally I will need to rename phone.apk to phone.apk.1 to relieve the cell standby issue, no biggie, I dont have 3g on mine.

Will report later GPS findings.

So... thx thx thx!

And uhmm... Thx!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks for posting. New here. Question on your rom, I have the gps model (supposedly, but it never locks).

My fw has libgps.so, but not gps.conf. does yours support gps?

Thx in advance!
Sorry my only tablet doesn't have GPS so I can't say. I wasn't aware any of the 8" iMX515 tablets had an internal GPS (or are you using a dongle?)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The black theme is pulled from Gingerbread. You can thank Xaeious for the theme. I'm a big fan of the black status bar, etc. too.

So, system image rocks. Still to check gps but for the time being damn awesome work. Thank you!

To note:
post restore system image, boot a couple times to enable wi-fi (similar to z4root first install). no prob.
recalibration not requested on boot. No prob, worked "out of the box".
less jitter, noticeable better, drag to trash ok for screen icons.
full 360 rotation.
New market (found out I had only seen "old market").
Most everything you need to get started if you buggered your tablet previously.

NICE black theme.

Personally I will need to rename phone.apk to phone.apk.1 to relieve the cell standby issue, no biggie, I dont have 3g on mine.

Will report later GPS findings.

So... thx thx thx!

And uhmm... Thx!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry my only tablet doesn't have GPS so I can't say. I wasn't aware any of the 8" iMX515 tablets had an internal GPS (or are you using a dongle?)
Thanks there, I am beginning to think mine does not have the GPS hardware, was supposed to though.

Will see. Will update if there is any bliss.

Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

Tried to update the firmware of my 2 speaker imx515 with the Xaumod firmware. Unfortunately i get a system.md5 error. Of course the accompanying md5 file was on the sd card. Any clue ? Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

Tried to update the firmware of my 2 speaker imx515 with the Xaumod firmware. Unfortunately i get a system.md5 error. Of course the accompanying md5 file was on the sd card. Any clue ? Thanks, Ben
Update: Moved both files to internal SD memory and that did the trick.
Anybody tested the ad-hoc wifi connection ? Can see the network but sticks at obtaining ip-adress.
Also i can't get Youtube films to work. Installed the appropriate Flashplayer but it keeps saying "This video can't be played". Has it something to do the browser connects to the mobile version of youtube ? (m.youtube.com)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I install this rom I can access my google account (calendar, contacts ...) and the market?
I have version 2 speakers with the original rom, but I can not do this, even installing the apk Google applications, it only shows the account exchange.
Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there someone who knows how to make a 3G usb modem to work? I already flash with the latest FW above, and using a modem Huawei E160 and E156 with modem removable disk that is already disabled but the modem is not detected. Please help, if necessary modem with a specific brand and type?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english. Well, I have a 2 speaker imx 515 model FR-809. A few days ago I rooted with z4root, and everything went ok. But yesterday suddenly, wen I turned on, all the aplications and games are lost.(except the ones that comes from factory), apart from that I can´t install or unninstall nothing. I have restored factory settings, but still the same. Everything seems to work, I can acces to internet, the market, etc. but when I try to install something (from market or sdcard) it say "installing" but it never ends, and the same for uninstall. Another strange thing is that even after restore settings form restore menu, I still have superuser program.
PLease I don´t know wat to do.... Do you think that installing this firmware can solve the problem?
If so, can you tell me exactly where must I copy the 2 files? If I understand is in the internal sdcard? or in (/mnt/disk)? Then when you say:
"You should see the recovery menu when the tablet has booted.
"Update System"
"Wipe cache partition"
"Wipe data/factory reset" (this WILL delete all apps and data in your internal memory)
"Reboot system now"
You mean that I should follow all this steps? first update system, then wipe cache partition, and so on?
Well I wait for your answer. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When you got wi fi issue, what was the error? Cannot scan network connection?
No,the troubles are about ad-hoc connection. Normal Wifi works fine. I've a HTC-HD2. When using the standard Wifirouter it sticks at "obtaining IP-adress" and when using WMWifirouter it says "connected" but no internet pages. Think something with DHCP- or DNS server. Annoying cause the Xaumod rom should handle ad-hoc connections. Tried all the WPA_supplicant tricks at no succes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I install this rom I can access my google account (calendar, contacts ...) and the market?
I have version 2 speakers with the original rom, but I can not do this, even installing the apk Google applications, it only shows the account exchange.
Thanks for you help!
i also have the 2 speaker Fr-809 and can confirm..... market works and it synced my Gmail account. Don't use calender and contacts so can't confirm that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Changes From the original XauMOD in this version:

* replaced sensors driver with two speaker sensors driver
* added ts.conf to system/etc
* removed pinyin keyboard files
Does this mean that I will not be able to using pinyin to write chinese characters with the keyboard files removed?

My landscape is inverted while portrait mode is all right. I check the pic at androidtablet and mine is the two speaker version.

Anyone know why?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.