Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Already done this. Aino, firmware is very good and I like it (HDMI is not working naturally but that's not very bad as I don't much need it).
Aino, is there a way to change startup images that are shown while tablet is booting up? I'd like to take them from stock firmware and place them in yours.

And how I can change the value of battery capacity when tablet automatically turns off? Now it is 15%.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just realized that the Window N12 is just like the i7 but without hdmi output, so I tried the pandawill firmware and got the same mirrored touchscreen and cannot be solved with the sf.hwrotation variable.

Reflashing my kernel solved the problem, here is if you want to try it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHYS0FQ0 but you will lose the hdmi config option (not sure about the whole hdmi output function).
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Can u reupload please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
can this rom works on Nextbook Premium 7?

Spec:

Based on Rockchip RK2918
CPU - Cortex A8 1Ghz
Ram - RAM 2 x 256MB DDR
Screen - 7" Capacitive 800x480
Multitouch: Yes. 5 touch.
3.5MM Earphone
Audio Format: MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, APE, AAC
Video Format: AVI, 3GP, MP4, RM, RMVB, FLV, MKV, MOV, VOB, DAT, WMV
External Slot: SD/MMC Card Slot. MICRO SD TO SD CARD ADAPTOR is supported.
Wifi: Yes
Mini USB Slot

This device DO NOT have:

-Camera
-Bluetooth
-3G
-Volume button
-GPS
-Phone
-Microphone

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Thanks, does it support Arabic language?
Android 2.3 is supposed to support Arabic but it really does not from what I read. Do search and you will see people cannot get Arabic to work on Android 2.3. Also, tablet does not show Arabic as language option. Arabic does work with Android 3 tablets from what I read. So, getting tablet with Android 3 or 4 should give you Arabic language.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
can this rom works on Nextbook Premium 7?

Spec:

Based on Rockchip RK2918
CPU - Cortex A8 1Ghz
Ram - RAM 2 x 256MB DDR
Screen - 7" Capacitive 800x480
It is best to stick with firmware from your tablet maker. These tablets have same CPU+GPU (RK2918 chip) and 800x480 resolution but they may have different audio, network, touch screen chips and even different sensors. It should boot but only small chance it will work perfect for you. Make sure you have Nextbook firmware to flash back to if tablet does not work well afterwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm new on this list. I bought a wopad i7 like this (http://www.pandawill.com/r7-tablet-pc-android-23-7-inch-rk2918-hdmi-4gb-metal-frame-black-p49200.html) but mine has 3 buttons over it: one to on/off, a menu button and the back, or esc.

I want to get rid off of some programs and also install a good office and browser. How I can be sure about the model of my pad?

Model number: TR719
Android version: 2.3.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.27
version: rk29_gingerbread_v1.28

where I can find this 2918 number ?

Is there any new version of this firmware?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm new on this list. I bought a wopad i7 like this (http://www.pandawill.com/r7-tablet-pc-android-23-7-inch-rk2918-hdmi-4gb-metal-frame-black-p49200.html) but mine has 3 buttons over it: one to on/off, a menu button and the back, or esc.

I want to get rid off of some programs and also install a good office and browser. How I can be sure about the model of my pad?

Model number: TR719
Android version: 2.3.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.27
version: rk29_gingerbread_v1.28

where I can find this 2918 number ?

Is there any new version of this firmware?
You have the Wopad i7 (three buttons as you described), so yes, Roman's firmware will work. Once you have installed the firmware, any programs you don't like you can uninstall by pressing the menu button while on the Android desktop, select Applications, then Manage Applications. You can uninstall from there. The browser you want is Dolphin Browser HD, while the office programs would be covered nicely by OfficeSuite 5. You can search for these on the market.

Follow all the instructions carefully when updating your firmware!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That is NOT Wopad i7. That is R7 which is a clone of the Wopad i7. Someone else tried i7 firmware and had issues. Start here:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/21917-romwopadi7-update-v10-root020911/page__view__findpost__p__248528

Then read the rest of that thread to get more info.

Also, I think R7 firmware is posted to Pandawill forum so check that out too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
He posted that it looked like the device in the link, but had three buttons and other characteristics of the Wopad i7, hence my post.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
He posted that it looked like the device in the link, but had three buttons and other characteristics of the Wopad i7, hence my post.
Ok, I thought he bought the R7. Kinda confusing for him to say bought i7 and then link to product which shows the R7.

If his tablet is the real i7 then yes, he can use i7 firmware. Real i7 looks like this:
http://www.wopadusa.com/2nd-gernation-wopad-wopad-i7/

Edit: PS, there are many sites that sell the i7. Makes no sense why poster would link to R7 tablet instead.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agreed. Some people are just too lazy to find the image of the product they actually bought. Or maybe he purchased the one he linked to and got an i7 instead, who knows...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a question/problem with a new i7. The lead-up: Purchased a Wopad i7 last week, it arrived and worked great...for about an hour. Then it locked up tighter than a drum and I did a reset (pin in the hole) and it never rebooted. I flashed it with the files available from these forums, and it came back good as new, except for no wi-fi. Everything else seems to be working as intended, but whenever I try to turn on wi-fi, it just attempts to turn it on for a few seconds and than says error. It was so new that I hadn't done any backup so I can't try flashing that. I tried flashing the pandawill firmware, but that was suspect because the .img files there were all the same size as those from these forums. Any help/suggestions/pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

I have a question/problem with a new i7. The lead-up: Purchased a Wopad i7 last week, it arrived and worked great...for about an hour. Then it locked up tighter than a drum and I did a reset (pin in the hole) and it never rebooted. I flashed it with the files available from these forums, and it came back good as new, except for no wi-fi. Everything else seems to be working as intended, but whenever I try to turn on wi-fi, it just attempts to turn it on for a few seconds and than says error. It was so new that I hadn't done any backup so I can't try flashing that. I tried flashing the pandawill firmware, but that was suspect because the .img files there were all the same size as those from these forums. Any help/suggestions/pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe your tablet is "clone" without logo, you need use rom to "no logo wopad".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I have a "no-logo" version of i7 from Dealextreme. I tried to play a little with it and what I noticed that I can't put it in recovery mode (or whatever it is). The device only switches on when I press the power button (as expected) and if I press Esc or none of the buttons then plug in the cable.

When I press menu and plug the cable nothing happens. When I press power + menu (as I read it on wopadusa) still nothing.

The description doesn't say but I presume it must be done with the devices switched off. Just in case I even tried with it being on but as expected it only puts the tablet into mass storage mode.

What am I doing wrong?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts