Android Tablets Forum banner
241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my second attempt at using a different ROM from stock on my 1653.
Installed VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition 7.1.0 and kernelo3nc kernal using instructions from:
[Guide] The Complete Beginner's Guide to installing custom ROMs on the HANNSpad

All seemed well, 'till touchpad got locked(?) somehow - couldn't scroll any menu up/down only only Home, Menu and return buttons worked, so I switched off and tried again.
Then I downloaded Google Maps, which installed OK, but when run the the Pad re-boots after 10-15 seconds............
Does the same using ab_kernel4alpha6 kernel.

I also have a problem in CWM, both 4.0.1.4 and 2.5.1.1:
I can backup but not restore, on trying to restore it erases the boot, but says 'can't restore boot.img' - something like that.
From that my only way out is to NVFlash back to stock ROM.

Anyone any ideas on these problems,
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody,
I installed this Rom and it's fast and stable, however I find that the system volume is too low (notification sounds, youtube videos etc.). Anyone else experienced this problem? Is here a workaround for this?

Thank you in advance!

Roberto

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL.
Don't know what thread you were reading. There was not a subtle warning or 'people trying to talk sense to them'
Just because somebody disagrees with you that is no reason to take all your toys away and refuse to play anymore.
Forums are supposed to be democratic not autocratic.
Look "mate" Fards warned people. Go back to the threads and read them. And no forums are not democratic, the developer is the one with the knowledge and does all the hard work and we are the ones who benefit, how is that a democracy. Fards was knocking his pan in, almost exclusively on his own, to build an ICS ROM for our tablet, which I can imagine was terribly frustrating at times. To have idiots starting threads about app compatabilty must have been a real downer. You just don't do it with an alpha build. Many devs don't even share their alpha builds with the wider world and we were very lucky Fards did, but I don't think he will again. I just hope he releases his beta build.

Laugh Out Loud, Laugh Out Loud, what the bleedin hell is there to LOL about over this issue?

Here is a quote from Fards:

1. "My roms are clearly posted as Work in progress and ALPHA

I do not support them (and frankly see no reason why I should)
they are to show progress, because some people like to see that progress

But again all people seem to think is that they should complain about things that are frankly not important.
Rather than contributing they seem to think that "PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS" means "hey lets behave like a bunch of children and whine"..

I don't give a damn if your 3rd party app works or not, the posts and threads do NOTHING to contribute to the development of these roms so therefore they are CLOSED. "

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my second attempt at using a different ROM from stock on my 1653.
Installed VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition 7.1.0 and kernelo3nc kernal using instructions from:
[Guide] The Complete Beginner's Guide to installing custom ROMs on the HANNSpad

All seemed well, 'till touchpad got locked(?) somehow - couldn't scroll any menu up/down only only Home, Menu and return buttons worked, so I switched off and tried again.
Then I downloaded Google Maps, which installed OK, but when run the the Pad re-boots after 10-15 seconds............
Does the same using ab_kernel4alpha6 kernel.

I also have a problem in CWM, both 4.0.1.4 and 2.5.1.1:
I can backup but not restore, on trying to restore it erases the boot, but says 'can't restore boot.img' - something like that.
From that my only way out is to NVFlash back to stock ROM.

Anyone any ideas on these problems,
Thanks
Apparently there are a lot of problems on other Tabs with the Google Maps update, forced closes etc. so I found an earlier 5.8 version on:
http://android.modaco.com/topic/335141-addoncm7-updated-more-google-apps-2011-08-15/

This works a treat along with most other things I've tried using this ROM.

Just need to find out how to change the launcher and keyboard now....
No nearer fixing the CWM restore problem though, I need to refine my Googling skills

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howdy folks, got this installed this morning however I am experiencing a problem with the media contents of the external memory card getting wiped.

I've read this happens on Hannstitan, that's why I went with this ROM. Is there any workaround I can do? Other than this bug, I am very content with the ROM so far.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,

i have had this running on my hannspad for a few months now and it is the best rom i have for by far! however i have found some annoyances perhaps you guy's can help with,

1. the rom does not seem to support the latest adobe flash player when it updates to the latest i have to revert it back to flash player 10.3 to get videos to work? is there any solution to get the latest flashplayer to run. because when im running flash player 10.3 some sites say that i need to update the flash player to view the site.

2.when the device goes into sleep mode sometimes when i wake it, i have no wifi untill i restart the device

3. this is realy petty but anoying, when i load the default (built in) web browser google is my default web page. when i click in the search bar i press 1 letter and the keyboard disapears off screen and load the search for the 1 single letter i have typed in, i then have to click in the search bar again and then it allows me to enter a full word or search phrase

4. in the default browser user agent does not seem to work, if i set it to desktop to display like a desktop it still shows mobile versions of the sites, i have downloaded dolphin browser and this does the same.

does anyone know any fixs for the above issues

besides these issues i think this rom is amazing and thank you to the creator.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,

i have had this running on my hannspad for a few months now and it is the best rom i have for by far! however i have found some annoyances perhaps you guy's can help with,

1. the rom does not seem to support the latest adobe flash player when it updates to the latest i have to revert it back to flash player 10.3 to get videos to work? is there any solution to get the latest flashplayer to run. because when im running flash player 10.3 some sites say that i need to update the flash player to view the site.

2.when the device goes into sleep mode sometimes when i wake it, i have no wifi untill i restart the device

3. this is realy petty but anoying, when i load the default (built in) web browser google is my default web page. when i click in the search bar i press 1 letter and the keyboard disapears off screen and load the search for the 1 single letter i have typed in, i then have to click in the search bar again and then it allows me to enter a full word or search phrase

4. in the default browser user agent does not seem to work, if i set it to desktop to display like a desktop it still shows mobile versions of the sites, i have downloaded dolphin browser and this does the same.

does anyone know any fixs for the above issues

besides these issues i think this rom is amazing and thank you to the creator.
Anyone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi Chris, do you know if there is a kernal for this Rom that will update the nvidia driver. I am getting graphics problems that I did not get in ics with the latest nvidia driver. (black boxes everywhere in lets golf) .
cheers greame

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am now back on this ROM again. I wont be moving. I had tried the ICS ROMs but for me they do not offer the kind of user experience I was expecting. So I restored a backup of HannsTitan but my daughter managed to fcuk this up lol. Then I thought great it looks like there is a usable version of Flashback (FB 10.1 had been my favourite ROM) but this still had the Play Store issues for me. Then whilst trying to fix the Play Store the Tablet bricked. Bum. I restored her last night and put good old VEGAn-TAB on theer. Fast, stable, everything works. So what if it looks like a big phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been experiencing issues with the Team DRH Alpha Dirty Bean 5.3 ROM and the Graveen JB Kernel v1.2b on my Hannspad type 53. As a result I am considering returning to VeganTab which I have used previously and I found very stable and usable.

My question is do I need to repartition my pad to install the Vegan tab ROM as currently has the 350mb system partion setup that JB requires.

Also I have tried to download the kernels recommended in the first post (ab_kernel4alpha6 and alpha 7) but the links are dead; can anyone direct me to download link that works for these kernals please?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been experiencing issues with the Team DRH Alpha Dirty Bean 5.3 ROM and the Graveen JB Kernel v1.2b on my Hannspad type 53. As a result I am considering returning to VeganTab which I have used previously and I found very stable and usable.

My question is do I need to repartition my pad to install the Vegan tab ROM as currently has the 350mb system partion setup that JB requires.

Also I have tried to download the kernels recommended in the first post (ab_kernel4alpha6 and alpha 7) but the links are dead; can anyone direct me to download link that works for these kernals please?

Many thanks.
Maybe wait a little for Andywheels to complete his CM7 rom, He is adding aroma installer to it.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Here's a link to the kernel that'll work with this rom:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/24691-rotations-32-kernel-by-fards-and-ab73/page__p__319939#entry319939

You could also use the Hybrid kernel:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25485-32-kernel/

V1.3 of my CM7 'Slightly Blue' rom is almost there. Just ironing out a few bugs with the aroma installer. Both vegantab and CM7 are Android Gingerbread roms so functionality/stability are pretty similar. CM7 is just a little newer.

BTW, Vegantab does not have hardware accelerated video support. None of the gingerbread roms support hardware acceleration on video playback so the first post of this thread is a little misleading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Andywheels for the links and advice. Definitely keen to try CM7 'Slightly Blue' rom when it is ready. In the mean time VeganTab should get me up and running again on my Hannspad.

Can you confirm whether having the 350mb partition structure (used for JB) will be an issue when installing Vegantab or do I need to repartition differently?

Many thanks again.

241 - 260 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.