Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been experiencing issues with the Team DRH Alpha Dirty Bean 5.3 ROM and the Graveen JB Kernel v1.2b on my Hannspad type 53. As a result I am considering returning to VeganTab which I have used previously and I found very stable and usable.

My question is do I need to repartition my pad to install the Vegan tab ROM as currently has the 350mb system partion setup that JB requires.

Also I have tried to download the kernels recommended in the first post (ab_kernel4alpha6 and alpha 7) but the links are dead; can anyone direct me to download link that works for these kernals please?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Andywheels for the links and advice. Definitely keen to try CM7 'Slightly Blue' rom when it is ready. In the mean time VeganTab should get me up and running again on my Hannspad.

Can you confirm whether having the 350mb partition structure (used for JB) will be an issue when installing Vegantab or do I need to repartition differently?

Many thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm trying to re-install VeganTab using the rom file 'VEGAn-GE-7.1.0-smb_1002-BL-1.2-fixed_assert.zip' as it is the most stable ROM I have used to date and runs all the apps I use regularly without issue (unlike the ICS and JB roms I have been using recently). However I am hitting an error message when I try to install the ROM (something I have have changed since I last installed it must be causing the issue). I have done a factory reset, and wiped the caches but when try to install ROM file I get the following error message:

"E:Error in /emmc/VEGAn-GE-7.1.0-smb_a1002-BL-1.2-fixed_assert.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted."

FYI I am using a 350mb partition structure and and have CWMR Touch v6.0.1.1 on my Hannspad '53 (as a result of previously having 'Dirty Bean' installed).

Please can someone advise what this error means and what I need to do to resolve it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.