Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cheers for that, i'm using the hybrid kernel on flashback and would like to try this out. How do you run this script? Does it need to be run automatically at each boot?
I'm using script manager but have to run the script manually every boot even though I have marked it as a boot script. Putting the script in etc/unit.d didn't help.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
What works for me is:

1. Create a file named script.sh with a text editor.

2. Copy the code into that file

3. Run script manager (search in the market for script manager)

4. Select the script and set it to run at boot as root

5. Open Termainal (you can get a terminal programm via market)

6. Enter the command "free". There should be a line named "SWAP" in the output.

·
Registered
42 Posts
v2.2 is here !

It's a minor update, it will correct ESFileManager's problems to access to ROOT. (Update available with OTA "ROM Update" only)
Thanks to desdelsur

Now for my next version,I am trying to add compcache (Thanks to imayoda for this GREAT idea !)

·
Registered
384 Posts
v2.2 is here !

It's a minor update, it will correct ESFileManager's problems to access to ROOT. (Update available with OTA "ROM Update" only)
Thanks to desdelsur

Now for my next version,I am trying to add compcache (Thanks to imayoda for this GREAT idea !)
great fix edition omar!!!

for memory optimization i'd suggest to lower memory in kernel dedicated to video gpu.. 128MB is a waste of memory in my opinion: do some test with only 64MB carveout and see ... i've found no difference from 128MB
(and there will be 64MB extra ram for our purposes)

·
Registered
384 Posts
ah and don't forget (if you have a little more time) to update your compiler... use linaro 4.6 gcc as it's waaaay improved compared to codesourcery one (getting very old too).. if you want i can point you to it

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yesterday I didn't work on my ROM, I was compiling Ice Cream Sandwich ^^ (I took me 5 hours
. Well, I think you will understand if I tell you I have a Pentium Dual Core 1.45 GHz
)
I have downloaded this linaro 4.6 gcc : https://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.6
I have to compile it, right ? Help me imayoda pls ^^
not that bad belive me

ok, if you are using ubuntu or derived distro here's an easy ppa
https://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/toolchain

here some guidance
Code:
#You can also install the latest version 4.6 (recommended) on Lucid and Maverick:<br />
<br />
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linaro-maintainers/toolchain<br />
 sudo apt-get update<br />
 sudo apt-get install gcc-4.6-arm-linux-gnueabi<br />
it depends a lot on what version you are on (ubuntu) because late editions (11,04 and 11.10) have linaro already in repositories
https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all!

Before i wan't to say thanks to XxOmarxX and all other making usb host possible!!!

Will receive soon my otg cable.
But can't live with a lot of cables and hubs with me, so here it is:

i have found 5V on the hannspad motherboard! i just wan't your opinion to know if it's useable!
if so, i will connect an interupt like sayd few pages before, and use a fuse to limit the risks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I decided to give this a try and I have found it to be quicker than the last rom I tried but I cannot get the market place to work. It comes up with the stupid error about being unable to establish a reliable connection to the server

Things I have tried:-
Updating Market to 3.4.4
Clearing data from in settings - applications
Factory reset
Wiped Cache
Tried to sign in to market, youtube, gtalk, gmail
Installed Flash 10.1

I can browse the internet without any issue and can even sign in to google without a problem.

Worked fine on the rom I was using before - gtabcomb

any ideas?

edit - oh also tried setting my phone up as a wireless hotspot and I still couldn't get the market to work that way

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.