Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was using Gtacomb refresh before this, liking this a lot more so far. It's surprisingly way faster. I'm getting Quadrant scores around 3400, was only getting about 2400/2500 with Refresh and 3100/3200 with Vegantab. Everybody getting these results?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Firstly,thanks to the OP for the rom it's excellent.

I'm still quite new to modding my tablet so don't know if I've made a basic error but has anybody managed to get Flash Player to work?

I've tried both 10.3 and 11 but no sucess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I may be missing something but I understand that this requires a self powered usb hub in order to run/recognise usb devices. Yet, in the video clip it shows the person connecting first a pen drive and then a keyboard directly to the hannspad using an adapter cable, no self powered hub. I have the same cable it appears but it doesn't work for me even though I pick USB Host and then re-boot. Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You will need a powered hub to use USB Host because the tablet doesn't give the required power, I don't know if this problem is hardware or software (kernel)

The man in the video has modded his hannspad to power the usb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
XxOmarxX has made available a new version of his rom PowaComb USB (honeycomb 3) for Hannspad SN10T1 .
In addition to several enhancements, it now includes a new utility keyboardswitcher and the opportunity to be updated OTA (On The Air).
A new version of the USB Switcher to switch the USB host or slave mode is also present (a powered USB hub is still needed)

For more information in english and download the new version (2.1) : Click Here

For questions and support : Hannspad.fr forum English Section

·
Registered
384 Posts
XxOmarxX has made available a new version of his rom PowaComb USB (honeycomb 3) for Hannspad SN10T1 .
In addition to several enhancements, it now includes a new utility keyboardswitcher and the opportunity to be updated OTA (On The Air).
A new version of the USB Switcher to switch the USB host or slave mode is also present (a powered USB hub is still needed)

For more information in english and download the new version (2.1) : Click Here

For questions and support : Hannspad.fr forum English Section
yes nice and fast

but... why do we have a read only system ? would be better to leave it open for fast writing to it.. i would suggest to Omar to build compcache (zram) in kernels for ram swapping joy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Imayoda : system is open I think, I use Root Explorer and I can write easily . Can you explain me for ram swapping ?

Flash Payer works with Opera Mobile only and the battery is good, I mean the ROM uses only 3% for 10 hours in Stand By
hi there omar

ram swap is very good thing to patch in kernel for some reasons.. for example 32MB ram swap is heavily compressed to 4x ratio so you get a very fast 128MB virtual swap space and damn fast as it's in ram.. very good and very used in cyano kernels.. there is some patch to do (easy): google compcache or ask rotation user, he managed to get it moduled in .32

i'm also getting some bsods; give a look to other kernels as i've seen somebody managed to get rid of them in .32 kernels

usually es file explorer mounts system in write mode but it gives an error here (even in terminal emulator it's impossible as it's read only).. in gtacomb it mount correctly and is write enabled even using simple console..

kind regards

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi imayoda,

Thanks for explaining me this ^^
I "googled" compcache and I saw that swap des the same thing, right ? If yes, what's the difference ?
I think I will use compcache in my future kernels.

Thanks to you

·
Registered
39 Posts
usually es file explorer mounts system in write mode but it gives an error here (even in terminal emulator it's impossible as it's read only).. in gtacomb it mount correctly and is write enabled even using simple console..
This happend when ES file explorer is installed in /system/app. Delete and install it again from market.

XxOmarxX, add this to "updater-script" in your ROM and you will get aplications installed in /data/app when ROM is installed (applications must be in /data/app folder in the zip)

Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");<br />
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");<br />
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0771, "/data");<br />
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");<br />
unmount("/data");

·
Registered
384 Posts
ahaaa great desdelsur!! you solved that

@omar

swap is putting memory pages on disk for later use (faster than regenerating them but slower than having same pages in memory)

but compacache does compression to swap (up to 4x ratio) and puts it in ram disk rather than to a delicate nand flash memory (you decide the size of ram to use .. usually 32MB is enough as it contains almost 128MB non compressed memory pages)

so this was innovation that entered official kernel tree (staging) in 2.6.34 .. for .32 you have to patch the kernel to get it

android likes it in heavy usage and low memory situations

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

rotation and antibyte are doing a great job on their modded kernel release
witch features an activated compcache. (based on fards ab kernel mod, here is rotations github)

I am using one of their releases and it is the best kernel (at least for me)
when it comes to running the Flashback 10 ROM. I have been using it with activated
compchace since weeks now and it does help a lot in therms of multitasking.

If you ant to try it out, just install one of therir kernels and load a script
like this here:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh<br />
insmod /system/lib/modules/lzo_compress.ko;<br />
insmod /system/lib/modules/lzo_decompress.ko;<br />
insmod /system/lib/modules/zram.ko num_devices=2;<br />
echo 26214400 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize;<br />
echo 26214400 > /sys/block/zram1/disksize;<br />
mkswap /dev/block/zram0;<br />
mkswap /dev/block/zram1;<br />
swapon -p 100 /dev/block/zram0;<br />
swapon -p 100 /dev/block/zram1; <br />
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness;
It is bacially what rotation had suggested on his [email protected]lfe.de .
Different is just a decreased ammount of ram used by compcache and
an increased value for the swappiness in order to use the cache more
freqently.

Bacially its a trade. One trades cpu performance against more RAM. For
most of my applications the cpu is more then fast enaugh, but RAM is
always not enaugh available. So its a fair deal for me.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.