Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
have a question: what actually usb switcher program do? loading module maybe?
flash the kernel (i think) partition with "flash_image boot" command (you can run it from terminal), and yes, you can flash recovery partition too.

"flash_image recovery /path/recovery.img".

I am using it with gscript ( not for tablets but simplify launch the scripts) to change between CWM recovery and your HannXubuntu boot

·
Registered
384 Posts
flash the kernel (i think) partition with "flash_image boot" command (you can run it from terminal), and yes, you can flash recovery partition too.

"flash_image recovery /path/recovery.img".

I am using it with gscript ( not for tablets but simplify launch the scripts) to change between CWM recovery and your HannXubuntu boot
thanks for that

ok so it loads full kernel/ramdisk with otg enabled.. working for OTG on .38 kernel but it behaves strange on this

·
Registered
384 Posts
Vin >------------LM7805--------silicon 4007 diode-------V+5out--->usb power pin
_______________|________________________________________

_______________|_________________________________________

_______________|___________________________________________
Ground >-----------------------------------------------VusbGround--->usb ground pin

note:
i'm not moving to this yet, cause i have a lot to do, but consider using a to220 LM7805 (not the tiny to92 package) just without capacitors and heatsink, cause it will protect battery from shorting, has thermal shutdown if overloaded and generally it is very stable and cheap component

of course you do it at your own RISK

·
Registered
384 Posts
once I'll be ready and open, analyze and inspect if there is real circuitry for this (now I'm only supposing it from what I've seen in photos), then I'll have for sure no idea on how to enable power to otg... there is a huge need for kernel heroes, I'm just a rookie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I have the Hannspad and didn't realise that it couldn't host a usb device so I had bought one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180679218511?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Would it be possible to open it up and add a small bettery using the method described earlier in the post rather than having to physically altering the tablet itself?

I have very little knowledge of electronics but would be happy totry and follow a set of instructions and try it out if someone could provide them?

Cheers,

Zeph

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want to host, your adaptor has to be OTG. Indeed, in OTG cable/adaptor, pin 4 and 5 are linked (mini usb side)
You can put a little battery inside (in 1 bigger adaptor of course ^^' ) if you want but it has to provide 5V

EDIT : Do you want to put a battery in the adaptor or in the tablet ?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.