Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a mid tablet but not sure as to which one and I want to upgrade to the uberoid rom. when I go into setting and look up about system this is what it shows

Model Number: m799ca v2.0
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: Unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM
Build Number: m799ca-eng 2.3.3 GRI40 eng.petter.20111128.170033 test-keys

I dont know if this helps...but if it does please tell me which option under changer.bat would be the best

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trying like the dickens to get this to install, but i can't get the tablet to even recognise the firmware.

Format the SD card, copy everything into the root as instructed (I have installed firmware succesfully on other tablets), put card in tablet (I have a green LED 7" thingy) turn tablet on...and it just boots as normal.

Any ideas? Tried with a 1gig and 4gig sd card.

I got one of these

http://buyer.madeinchina.com/MicBuyer/turbine/template/product%2CorderProductInfo.vm?itemcode=13140499&productId=ACCCD30A82AB7838E040007F01003664&orderId=B22108D9D6AFBD5DE040007F010024D5

·
Registered
2 Posts
could you please advise how to backup the whole original ROM? already tired searching the forums and no answer found yet.
as recently purchased at the ebay this used MID 7" WonderMedia WM8650 tablet and the first what I wanted to do is backup the existing firmware (ROM) - in order to have possibility of recovery to factory firmware if something goes wrong in the future. But still can't any software which would backup the factory ROM for example to SD card. The TitaniumPro would perhaps backup, but it requires root despite SuperUser v3.0.7 is pre-installed and it says "no apps in list". Please help to sort it out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem with the uberoid install. I put the files on the sd card through the CHANGER.BAT file, the i put the sd card in the tablet and i turn it on..... nothing happen, it boot like usual into the chinese orgiginal firmware. What is the problem? anyone had this weird problem?

Please PM me if you have a solution for the problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
it could be that you must hold down the menu button or volume down button when power on.
if that does not work. open your SD card and tell what file and folder you have on the root of the SD card.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@marcus and mrcynical

I bought the same tablet despite it being advertised as a wm8650

Have we got a better or worse tablet? If its worse i might just ask for a refund.

Anyone else buy theirs from ebay seller licito-sales?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@marcus and mrcynical

I bought the same tablet despite it being advertised as a wm8650

Have we got a better or worse tablet? If its worse i might just ask for a refund.

Anyone else buy theirs from ebay seller licito-sales?
Hi to all. I am Giulio, Italian. I bought this bad tablet on ebay. I have same problem, I can't change firmware because If I use a sd car with modroid or another firmware and I turn on my tablet it se the normal desktop and not the update menu. I tried to use ruper user and root my device, but nothing.

is there a way to install a new firmware on this bad tablet?
M799Ca V 2.0 MID 7' 8650 800mhz

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi to all. I am Giulio, Italian. I bought this bad tablet on ebay. I have same problem, I can't change firmware because If I use a sd car with modroid or another firmware and I turn on my tablet it se the normal desktop and not the update menu. I tried to use ruper user and root my device, but nothing.

is there a way to install a new firmware on this bad tablet?
M799Ca V 2.0 MID 7' 8650 800mhz
have you try what I say.
Hold down menu button or volume up/down when you press on power button.
many tablet has this feature to hold down like menu button when you press power on.
then you get to a new menu that has some option like install firmware from SD card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
have you try what I say.
Hold down menu button or volume up/down when you press on power button.
many tablet has this feature to hold down like menu button when you press power on.
then you get to a new menu that has some option like install firmware from SD card.
yes, I tried all combination of buttons, but nothing appear! I can go only to the normal homescreen. :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, as a noob, thanks for the clear info and help. I tried this download, among 4 other mods and this is the first one to work, well sort of. 1 detail, my touchscreen, does not respond. I can plug a mouse in it, that works. But then the whole point of a tablet is lost. Is there an easy fix for this? Would be greatly apprectiated! (M003s, 8") Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received my tablet the other day and I have tried to flash it using uberoid and a microsd card but for some reason it wont flash it keeps booting to normal system. I have a:
model number-m009f
android version 2.3.3
kernel version 2.6.35.7
build number GRI40

if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just received my tablet the other day and I have tried to flash it using uberoid and a microsd card but for some reason it wont flash it keeps booting to normal system. I have a:
model number-m009f
android version 2.3.3
kernel version 2.6.35.7
build number GRI40

if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it
m009f is a newer with another processor so it is good that it did not flash I don´t think they are compatible at all.
its not an 8650 processor. and it has android 2.3.3 and modroid and uberoid is based on 2.2

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those how have :
MID 7"
Green LED when On (Red when Charging)
No Vibrator

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/18404-green-led-bly-706f-v1-rom-update-290511and-roms-for-any-other-via-8650-based-tablet-on-demand/page__st__

Should resolve your touchscreen problems - sounds and others... Mine works fine with custom rom (Thanks Tabtronics)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well,first of all hi to all forumers and sorry for my english (old and rust like me lol).

I've bought a cheap Chinese 7" netbook which was originally given with windows 6 ce inside.

Since 7 days,i've flashed this little computer with at least 20 differents android (modded,originals)...

I'm good in Linux or windows but with this new os (for me ;-) ),that's hard !!

so,i have,for the moment two question :

1> what sort of android os can i use on this machine (with market activated if possible) ?
2> I leave in France and i need to have an "azerty" keyboard activated...how to do that under Android ?

Many Thanks for all ;-)

See you soon.

161 - 180 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.