Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently I got this off ebay (Wasn't sure what was the Model)
Green LED when on
Red LED on charge
Power on Top-Right
Camera Middle-Top
Menu, Volume +/- on Top-Right Side
Right Side Mic
Silver Circular Button with Black Square Icon
Blank Silver Back
Black Headphone Jack
Micro SD

Exactly the Same as Pictured:
My link

env_uboot determines if the screen works
(Is this file a driver?)

wmt_scriptcmd
(What does this do and should I use wmt_scriptcmd7?)

I noticed that with a env_boot E18_cun1603 I got the screen to work
The Brightness settings crash and youtube has a pause/play stutter during videos (Not Framerate issues)

I've enjoyed this Firmware so far
(Can anyone Identify what this 7" Tablet?)
green led dble touch env boot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Dual Touch Boot didn't work (Screen was unresponsive)

I assume its a E18 then (The Labels on the Bottom lack a Micro SD Card symbol)

There are 2 E18 files, is there a difference? (One ends in DT152)
And I am using the default scriptcmd (Should I use scriptcmd7?)
use the same env_uboot , used in your anterior working ROM, it has to function well

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can add those from market, and remove apps yourself, otherwise the rom makers would have to hold everyones hand and install every app imaginable, i dont want those apps so who do they listen to when making the next version? The rom is how it is add or subtract apps to your hearts content.
Hi Seriouslycgi,

Recognise you from the Modroid thread. Just took a look at this rom thread following comment about it on the Modroid thread. Have you tried it? Thoughts? I'm still on MD v10 and loving it. The top line info on this rom says improved wi-fi, which would be useful! Wi-fi range has always been poor. Now I have MD v10 working well, I don't want to keep reflashing. Think I need to get another of these tablets just to play with roms

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Seriouslycgi,

Recognise you from the Modroid thread. Just took a look at this rom thread following comment about it on the Modroid thread. Have you tried it? Thoughts? I'm still on MD v10 and loving it. The top line info on this rom says improved wi-fi, which would be useful! Wi-fi range has always been poor. Now I have MD v10 working well, I don't want to keep reflashing. Think I need to get another of these tablets just to play with roms
I tried this rom and also Modroid v11 which is also based on 1.5.3. In both cases, the only way I got wifi to work was to use the uzImage.bin file from Modroid v10, which I -think- essentially you end up with the same 1.5.1 kernel for wifi, and thus the same reception. Not 100% certain that is accurate, but I haven't found a good explanation anywhere for it otherwise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried installing this mod and Modroid (seems to me the core is the same for both), however both mods are going into infinite loop when they try to boot up and cannot start installing the firmware. I replaced the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd with EKEN's default firmware and then I was able to install both firmwares, however once installed, after removing the SD and the tablets reboots, blank screen appears for eternity. I waited for more than an hour and I end up with the same result for both firmwares.

The tablet is EKEN M009S with blue led.

Can anyone help me with this issue ?

Much Appreciated !

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried installing this mod and Modroid (seems to me the core is the same for both), however both mods are going into infinite loop when they try to boot up and cannot start installing the firmware. I replaced the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd with EKEN's default firmware and then I was able to install both firmwares, however once installed, after removing the SD and the tablets reboots, blank screen appears for eternity. I waited for more than an hour and I end up with the same result for both firmwares.

The tablet is EKEN M009S with blue led.

Can anyone help me with this issue ?

Much Appreciated !
Use Modroid's env_boot
Unzip the Uberoid.7z file directly into a MicroSD then remove all wmt_scripts except the scriptcmd7
What might help is using wmt_scriptcmd 7 (rename to wmt_scriptcmd)
Remove all env_boots and use Modroid's env_boot
If the Bee keeps shining for more than 7 minutes, try another env_boot
(That's what gave me issues, the env_boot would loop or start into a Android OS where the touch-screen would not work)

Post pics of the tablet's back, front, bottom and side if possible

·
Registered
101 Posts
I tried this rom and also Modroid v11 which is also based on 1.5.3. In both cases, the only way I got wifi to work was to use the uzImage.bin file from Modroid v10, which I -think- essentially you end up with the same 1.5.1 kernel for wifi, and thus the same reception. Not 100% certain that is accurate, but I haven't found a good explanation anywhere for it otherwise.
Another Modroid regular! Hi Netizenmt. Thanks for the insight. Sounds like you've done my testing for me
Think I'll stick to MD at the moment since it has never let me down so far and Udroidx does not sound like an improvement. If I end up getting another of these tablets to play with, I might give it a whirl.

·
Registered
269 Posts
@DoctorDroid: I have wifi tx power set to 50 (default is 100) in modroid to conserve battery. If you dont mind the extra juice being used you can edit /system/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.DAT and change the line "TxPower=50" to "TxPower=100", save and reboot to give optimal wifi reception.

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
@DoctorDroid: I have wifi tx power set to 50 (default is 100) in modroid to conserve battery. If you dont mind the extra juice being used you can edit /system/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.DAT and change the line "TxPower=50" to "TxPower=100", save and reboot to give optimal wifi reception.

Cheers
Hi Wicknix

I know you reduced the power on the wifi stick. One reason for this (if memory serves) was that the stick got excessively hot when the power was at max. It gets really quite warm at 50%, so I can imagine that it would be hot at 100%. I imagine that it is possible to use any figure one wants, so maybe this is a general point that could be worth highlighting to users? I appreciate that there is always the issue of giving people too much information and especially the possibility of people breaking their wifi by messing things up. Thanks for the details though. I'll make a note of it and give this a try. Even a modest increase in wifi performance would mean I could do away with my repeater AP (downstairs) that the tablet never connects as quickly or reliably to as the main AP (upstairs and out of range often when one is downstairs). Thanks as always for a great rom and ongoing support.

Edit....

Well, it was worth a go. I racked up the power to 100% and it very nearly connected reliably to the upstairs AP. However, not well enough. Hence reduced power to 50% again went back to using downstairs repeater. Maybe others will have more luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Regarding the Market, it states that certain apps such as Facebook are not compatible.
Can this be corrected with a "Clear Data" on the Applications Menu.
No. Don't think so. This is due to the settings that tell Android what device it is running on. For official Android phones, the manufacturer will set these. With these ROMs, that is down to the ROM designer since they will add these settings when making the ROM. Swing by the Modroid ROM forum and you will see a discussion about this some way back up the thread. If I recall correctly, it is possible to change the settings, but it is not something to try unless you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I am having an issue that appears randomly. Sometimes when I open applications, such as CAMERA, the touch screen gets disabled. It happened on other apps like games etc. The tablet is M009s.
Is there a solution for this issue ?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
wmt_script is in the root (main dir of the default rom)
and
env_boot is in the "env" dir.

Cheers !
I Just Bought this Tablet off Ebay:

Ebay Tablet

It is Green LED WM8650 no Vibrate.

It did not Come with any CD.. it has no Manufacture Markings on it or in the Manual.. It Has No Reference Other Than Wondermedia in the About Screen..
in other words I have No Idea Where, Who, How .. about this Tablet.. and I have NO Factory Firmware installation Media.. I cant Download as I dont know Which Manufacturer.. It did not come with a SD Card or any form of Media.

Now, I am Keen to Try Some Custom Roms.. but am really worried about the env_boot File Not Working.
I want to know if there is any way to Build and env_boot file from my tablet? ie. can I go somewhere in my settings/conf/cfg on the tablet where I may be able to extract the required info to build an env_boot File???
Or Some way that I can "Reverse" Flash the Exisiting Rom to an SD Card For Installation Again if something goes wrong? I Have Several SD Cards Which I Purchased Separate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
UDROIDX 1.5.3 ULTIMATE by lucsp

NEWEST. Flash Player ready, Improved WIFi- Sound-Battery-New Icons-New Launcher.
FASTEST. Ready to install on a lot of WM8650 powered tablet.

built on the 1.5.3 firmware WM8650 released by EPAD-EKEN
based on MODROID by Wicknix.

IF USE changer.bat, below is a list of very probably supported devices.

NOTE : changer.bat software is a Uberoid HCH tool.

This list is still experimental for 1.5.3 build :
1=Maylong M-250
1=MID V7 7"
1=InterToys NL Tab 7"
1=MID E18 7"
1=M009S Green LED 7"
1=TomTec Tablet 7"
2=M009S Blue LED 7"
2=Generic Netbook 7"
2=Epad GW-70 7"
2=MIDV7 Blue LED 7"
2=WinPad-C07 7"
3=M003S 8"
3=Innovatek MID 8"
4=PC-802 8"
5=BLY-806 8"
5=VIA WM8650 8"
6=M80003W 8"
7=Apex 7"
7=BLY-706F v1 7"
8=MID703 7"
8=ILC PC Tab701 7"
8=KLD-MID701 7"
8=MID710 7"
8=EPAD ZX07D (added by me)
9=M010S 7"
10=M012S 8"
11=M70007T 7"
11=ViaPad M7 7"
11=VIA WM8650 7"
11=M768A 7"
11=Leader V70 7"
11=Epad GW-707 7"
12=ATF3416-7 7"
13=BLY-706F v3 7"
14=E16 5cun1603 5"
15=ED99 8cun1603 8"
16=E18 7cun1603 7"
17=ED99 8cun8900 8"
18=Ricatech/RATAB10 10"
18=TomTec 10"
19=Epad M009D (added by ohwzo.nl)
20=M013S (added by Wicknix)

BEFORE FIRMWARE UPDATING please back-up the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files from your devices factory firmware you could need it later if env_uboot in list are not working for you!!!

To install do the following:
Format a SD card to FAT32
Extract the contents of the zip file to your SD card.

If you do not use Changer.Bat ( I DONT !!!) , I am sure you are able to do the following:
Choose your env.uboot file under Firmwareinstalle/env according your device and rename env_uboot, delete all the other you have founded in that directory.

Eventually insert SD card into your device and power on ; upgrade will run automatically. Once it's finished wait 1 min. before removing your SD card .
The device will reboot and you can have a cup of coffe!!
PLEASE WAIT… and be patient, it needs 4-5 min.

the system loading screen stucked for more than 5 minutes , OK try another env_uboot or BETTER IDEA use the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files from your devices factory firmware.

TIPS from Wicknix:
If you have NO sound after flashing try this fix:
Edit the env_uboot file you used and change this....
"setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f1:f2:ff:ff:100" to this "setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f2:f1:ff:ff:100"
Save and reflash.

If your camera doesn't work try this fix (works on most devices):
Edit the env_uboot file you used and change this....
"setenv wmt.gpo.cmos 1:0:7:D8110040:D8110080:D81100C0" to this "setenv wmt.gpo.camera1 1:0:7:D8110040:D8110080:D81100C0"
Save and reflash.

TIP from netizenmt:
The auto-rotation issue was also a problem with Uberoid's latest test version. Some people get it, some don't. The problem is in the env_uboot file. The values at the following line are messed up.
setenv wmt.io.mxcgsensor 1:3:4:0:-1:1:-1:2:-1

The correct values that worked for me were:
setenv wmt.io.mxcgsensor 1:3:4:0:1:1:1:2:-1

You can edit env_uboot file before flashing the rom.

Known BUGS:battery indicator neeed a fix.
Thanks to Wicknix for his MODROID and EVERYBODY else from Slatedroid !
Use at your own risk!!!!!

LINK:eek:bsolete
http://www.4shared.com/file/pT03xTZj/UdroidX153Ute.html

try new 1.5.5 build

http://www.4shared.com/file/f28jFfRl/UDROIDX_155_U.html
Hi,
thanks for this fantastic rom.
Everything is working fantastically well.
I want just to suggest a solution to battery indicator bug found here:
http://techknow.freeforums.org/problems-or-questions-read-before-posting-t1264.html

Code:
<br />
* My Battery Meter Is Stuck At 100%<br />
A: Apply The Battery Fix As Follows:<br />
1. Get ConnectBot<br />
2. Connect local<br />
3. SU <enter><br />
4. wmtenv set wmt.vt160x.bat 0:1:10:0 <enter><br />
5. reboot!<br />
6. if this setting fails, you can try wmt.vt160x.bat 1:0:10:0, some models require this value.<br />
It works ok on my tablet.

Cheers,
Gabriele

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help please my touch screen is not responding and i think its bc i didnt back-up the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files from my devices factory firmware.

WHAT SHOULD I DO??? IS THERE ANY HOPE?

my device is VIA WM8650 7"

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.