Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top Notch Tablets Release 1 for the PiPo S1 Pro!

- built on latest stock firmware dated 20131213 (update #50)
- Removed all bloat!
- Improved launcher (Perfect Launcher 1.1.0) for ultra-smooth performance
- Improved Google Keyboard now w/ Swipe functionality and English Dictionary mod
- Added ES File Explorer
- Westernized (english and clock changes)
- Rooted
- build.prop updated / mirrors Galaxy SIII for better play store results
- Cleaned up boot animation
- Changed default background (in retrospect the background is to bright for the sub-par TFT panel on the S1 Pro)
- Set default homepage in Browser app to our Advert page and TNT Search Engine (driven by Google) - feel free to change it or if you would like to help support our efforts, use it!

Notes:
- Because the old launcher was removed, the default backgrounds pack went with it. If you want a different background I suggest getting an app from the play store (there are a ton of free ones). You can use gallery to set your background also if you just download an image from the web browser.
- Launcher settings can be found and customized by opening up app drawer --> Upper-Right-hand corner (button that is three stacked dots) --> Perfect Settings

Link:

http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/246

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Roman for this. I didnt think anyone would develop for this tablet. I hope this rom helps this tablets multitasking performance. I will flash this rom and test it out and report back. Thanks again for your effort Roman.

EDIT: I flashed this rom to my tablet, and it does seem to help a lot with the speed of multitasking It might be the new firmware. I hope this helps you market this tablet, Roman. Seemed like this tablet was a lost cause in terms of how horrible performance when running multiple apps. Now, with this rom, the tablet runs very smooth.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most credit goes to PiPo in this case as this is just a modified version of their stock stuff. I did get rid of the majority of their apps (read cr-apps...) including their launcher. Not sure if that helped although it usually does :).

Anyhow, glad it is working well for you! I don't think we are going to sell the S1 Pro (I just can't get past the TFT LCD screen, no matter how low the price...) but I had a unit here that we had gotten in for testing before Christmas and I figured I would make a rom for it as I had it on hand anyhow so why not.

Kind Regards,

Roman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.