Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Noticed today that the hannspad site has firmware versions for each of the 3 different vesions.

Would the home button oddness have anything to do with the firmware this roms based on being for one of them.

Might make sense as it works for some, doesn't for others and behaves like its held down sometimes for others.

I can't download all three stock roms to try as you have to input your serial and I can only get the 53 one which is my variety.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Hey guys sorry to hear about the problems with some of the developmental releases, i'll update the zips later tonight and test them, I'm trying to push out final changes of a new rom first though, stay tuned

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Hey alpha have been working on the language problem?

I´ve just updated my Thread in the Laboratory section, if you want to you can include this in your next release, but it is still under development ^^
Sure, I'll add it to the next release of TnT Lite, good job

You'll be pleased to hear in the new rom there are 22 languages, including German
The "menu" of the home screen is still in English though, everything else seems to be in whatever language you choose

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Alpha.
Thanks for the great news!
Thank you for all the work and also a German translation with is.
Although this means that I can not go to sleep, because I like to wait on the new Rom, but it's worth it;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Since I haven't seen it mentioned on the thread, and I found it out over on an xda thread, if you want to use a custom keyboard:

1) Install from market/grab the apk off the net and install.

2) Using a file manager with root priviledges enabled, copy the .apk from your download folder (if off the net) or from /data/apps/

3) Paste it into the /System/Apps folder.

4) Go into the properties for the file (long tap), check the file permissions are 777 (rw rw rw), if not change them.

5) Reboot the tablet.

6) Go into settings, check that at any rate the settings for the keyboard are there (for me I didnt have to enable it, there weren't any enable buttons there anymore).

7) Open up some form of input (eg a text file) long tap to get to the select input method, and set it to the keyboard you want.

I've test this with flit keyboard and gingerbread keyboard (but I prefer the hannspad's stock one).

Chief

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I haven't seen it mentioned on the thread, and I found it out over on an xda thread, if you want to use a custom keyboard:

1) Install from market/grab the apk off the net and install.

2) Using a file manager with root priviledges enabled, copy the .apk from your download folder (if off the net) or from /data/apps/

3) Paste it into the /System/Apps folder.

4) Go into the properties for the file (long tap), check the file permissions are 777 (rw rw rw), if not change them.

5) Reboot the tablet.

6) Go into settings, check that at any rate the settings for the keyboard are there (for me I didnt have to enable it, there weren't any enable buttons there anymore).

7) Open up some form of input (eg a text file) long tap to get to the select input method, and set it to the keyboard you want.

I've test this with flit keyboard and gingerbread keyboard (but I prefer the hannspad's stock one).

Chief
Thanks chiefwhosm,

it worked perfectly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure, I'll add it to the next release of TnT Lite, good job

You'll be pleased to hear in the new rom there are 22 languages, including German
The "menu" of the home screen is still in English though, everything else seems to be in whatever language you choose
Dear Alpha,

Many thanks for your hard work for us, its really appreciated.

Would you be kind enough to include Arabic Language in the next ROM release please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello this rom I have been using for a while and works pretty well, but I tried using the USB HOST kernel ab_kernelv4_2-32-44-fb and it works the keyboard but the mouse does not appear in the panatalla (i dont know if i can make it work ), if anyone can help would be very grateful
pd. What I need is a rom hardware-accelerated mouse and keyboard work and the side tactile buttons too

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.