Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Everyone. Thanks simc, updated using your new rom and I have now got full market functionality. Great job on including the updated build.prop.

Question for everyone. I read that Zeam Launcher was an alternative to the original launcher so installed it to give it a go, but now I don't know how to return back to my original launcher. Any ideas please?
Try installing HomeSmack. It resets your default Launcher so you can choose again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
cheers for info - tried stock movies this morning and now audio in some movies

keep getting the recent apps problem every now and then, anyone managed to resolve this as of yet

regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the instructions and the upgrade for my Hannspad. I installed TNTlite, used gazberts build.prop and installed zeamlauncher. Does someone know why there is no sound when I make a test call on Fring? It mutes (mediavolume) and I cant get it right...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Top marks for the instructions they worked perfectly and thanks for taking the time to do this. I've definitely noticed an improvement in the screen response and the Hannspad is currently doing what I want it too (not a lot yet as I'm still finding what I can do with it).

I've spotted talk of a Flashback Alpha ROM that looks like it might be worth a try, it leaves a few bits not working but still worth a look.

Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just to say I found a really great File Explorer off of the marketplace called 'Simple Manager' it's great because it allows root access to the system etc (something I couldn't manage to figure out on the included iFileManager).

It meant that I was able to take angrybirds from the official OS, and put it over (since it had mysteriously dissapeared) again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is wiimote working to someone?, I have tried to connect it, detects it but in settings I can't enable as a keyboard, it can be possible to have the original froyo menu settings?, anyway congratulations for the rom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to say how grateful I am to the originators of this ROM.
I did a factory reset first then followed the instructions, It doesn't seem to matter how you get the zip files onto the device I got them from a spare SD card. Also put on Zeam which you need to set up the icon spacing, everything is now great and responsive. I still seem to be missing some things from the market but you can usually find what you want by searching for the apk on line.
Re Zeam this is also not appearing so I eventually found a download link for an older version, If I can find the link again I will post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I downloaded es file explorer again from the market and in settings got root access and mounting on
to copy/paste build.prop with the one mentioned by gazbert
and followed his instructions regarding clearing the cache etc.
Then did undo the root access and mounting in es file explorer
upon reboot waited at least one minute before accessing the market
Then I could find zeam explorer

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi guys, I've updated the original post with the link to a modded zeam launcher in update.zip format (flash from CWM). This one allows you to have 12 columns and 8 rows, which is pretty much the closest the icons can get together without overlapping. Sorry for all the paragraphs but each one is for a seperate issue

I never realised the market wasn't working right up until it was pointed out to me but i'll include gazbert's build.prop in the next release (hopefully within the next 24 hours if I don't run into any major problems).

The G Sensor issue... can anyone post a link to a game that isn't working - or is it all games that use the G sensor? It's weird since it rotates the tablets screen in the right direction.

The issue some of you are having with the recent apps screen popping up, can you describe it in detail and how you resolve it? I've been using this rom for a week and not encountered it so far, so it should be interesting trying to find out what's causing it!

The settings update I'll have a play with and hopefully get it working better.

The calendar issue, it loads for me in the latest update i've got here but there still seems to be an issue with calendarprovider not loading, as it's not letting Google Apps (domain) accounts log in.

Expect a cleaned update tomorrow with some bugfixes and zeam launcher built in and unused apps removed. If anyone knows another launcher that works better or the defaults can be modified let me know.
PS - This rom is a bit of a frankensteins monster, bits and pieces have been pulled from various other sources and a lot of them modified. To that end if anyone here is any good with building kernels it'd be handy for you to step forward and we can get a clean built rom made.
On the honeycomb issue i've been getting pm's about, again i think we really need a proper kernel to be able to move forward with it - as it stands there's very little anyone can do to improve the stability of it - including the fact that google haven't released the source yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is a great and stable ROM alpha232, but I think Honeycomb in the Hannspad-compatible version of http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1126220 (only BL1.2 is compatible!) is a great improvement for our Hannspads. The fact that the hardware buttons are not working is not such a great issue IMHO, since Honeycomb provides for software buttons, and one gets used to them quickly. G Sensor and hardware acceleration not working are issues shared among all Hannspad siblings, but I count on all the devs involved in the Honeycomb ROMs to find a solution in the next few days. This post http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/20604-guide-important-things-to-do-on-purchasing-your-tablet/ btw provides a great Tut on how to backup your system on a partition-by-partition level, and how to restore. But for me Honeycomb is sweet and stable so far, and I get to run Honeycomb-only apps like Dolphin for Pad for example. So I hope you can eventually upgrade your ROM to Honeycomb too.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.