Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
TnT Lite - Hannspad Edition v0.1

Update2: Just a little note to say if the new HannsTitan rom is well received I'll likely discontinue support for this rom - honestly though, HannsTitan is much better and I urge anyone just starting out to use it instead.

After much poking around roebeet's modified Tap 'n Tap/Mountain Laurel roms and the stock Hannspad rom, I have an initial release for everyone.

This release is using the stock kernel.

Update: 8/4/11
Hi guys, sorry for being a bit inactive lately I've been away for a few days and not had much time to work on this.

I'll try and address your first complaint tonight - the icon spacing issues with the launcher. I've modded zeam launcher to allow 12 columns but kept it at 8 rows, as more than this caused overlaps. Unfortunately I couldn't find an easy way to get it to this setup straight from the start, so you'll have to expand it manually in the preferences (Workspace -> Columns/Rows). If any of you know how to change the defaults let me know and I'll include the change in the next update.

Note that it takes a short time for the launcher to load, but once it does it should be fairly quick. Download below with the others (it's in update.zip format so install it from CWM).

I'll have a few hours tomorrow (which will still be August 4th) to look into the market and settings issues, hopefully with the work some of you guys have done it shouldn't take too long.

Known Issues
Some apps missing from market (workaround in thread but not 100% reliable)
G Sensor thinks it's in portrait mode in games
Less languages than stock
Calendar doesn't appear to work for Google Apps accounts
A few reports of something akin to the "Home" button being stuck in, opening recent apps window

Install Instructions - Users with CWM installed

Coming from stock this might not require you to wipe data/factory reset, but if you can I'd do it anyway

1. Extract TnTLite-HANNSPAD-v0.1.zip to the root of the tablets storage
2. Reboot into CWM
3. Nandroid backup if you don't want to lose your current install
4. Install zip from sd card
5. Reboot

That's it!

Install Instructions - Users coming from completely stock system
Note: If you want to keep your data/applications back them up before doing this

1. Download this file
2. Extract it with WinRAR or your favorite program, you should end up with an "update.zip" file
3. Activate data transfer on your tablet
4. Copy the update.zip file to the root of the tablets storage
5. Switch the tablet off, and power it up while holding the VOLUME + button
6. Use the volume keys to scroll up or down and select "Install update.zip" (or similarly worded)
7. Reboot the tablet again holding VOLUME +, this time you should be presented with a different window, ClockWork Mod Recovery (CWM)
8. Follow the guide as normal from here on out
9. Extract the TnTLite-HANNSPAD-v0.1.zip zip to the root of the tablets storage
10. Reboot into CWM
11. Nandroid backup if you don't want to lose your current install
12. Install zip from sd card
13. Reboot
You should be rebooting into a working rom. Wifi will need enabled in settings, the settings page will take a while to load straight after boot.

I'll add any issues that are reported to the list above!

Base rom
Primary download: TnTLite-HANNSPAD-v0.1.rar - 170.8 Mb
Mirror: TnTLite-HANNSPAD-v0.1.rar - 170.8 Mb

Incremental updates
Zeam Launcher
Primary download: TnTLite-HANNSPAD-LauncherUpdate.zip - 506.9 Kb
Mirror: TnTLite-HANNSPAD-LauncherUpdate.zip - 506.9 Kb

Update - Stock Android Settings Page

Just a quick update for those that want it; the default android settings page. I've included 2 files, one to update it to stock, and one to roll back to tap n tap settings in case you need to. Flash these from CWM as update.zip, same as the rom above.

Settings Update
Return to stock settings

Developmental Releases

The downloads below should not be installed unless you know what you're doing - they can and may soft-brick your device as they are works in testing.

TnT-Lite 0.1i
Work in progress of v0.2, new launcher, updated libs, fixes, removed some apk's added some others, removed redundant files.
Note the new boot animation, at first boot it will leave the screen blank for a short period of time - this is normal.
Download: http://blair.be/hannspad/devel/TnT-L-Devel-v0.1i.zip

TnT Lite build.prop
gaz's modified build.prop file in update.zip format - need to clear market data as well as google framework data and force close both + reboot
Download: http://blair.be/hannspad/devel/TnT-L-Devel-build.prop.zip

TnT Lite settings
This replaces the stock tnt settings with normal android ones. THIS WILL PREVENT YOUR HANNSPAD FROM BOOTING!!!
Download: http://blair.be/hannspad/devel/TnT-L-Devel-settings.zip

Special thanks:
Roebeet - for the TnT Lite/Mountain Laurel roms this is based heavilly on
Roebeet & flhx73 - Getting CWM recovery working on the Hannspad
thinkdevoid - for the boot animation
Everyone at SlateDroid.com who posted to help!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the development! Looking forward to do some ROM flashing as soon as I get this tablet.
Good move by the devs for adding this section. Recently ebuyer sold 400 of these units for just £150.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im so happy to have found this site and find peeps who are modding the hansspree tablet as it is an under rated bit of tech for the price
keep up the good work
and will defo see you all around

·
Registered
71 Posts
just downloaded in anticipation of my tablet arrving this week

i downloaded the firmware from the primary download and the file is a .man file.

i changed the extension from .man to .rar and was able to extract it.

cheers for your work alpha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great stuff, settings update zip (back to the 'proper' Android pages) sorted out my keyboard switching problem, Finally running with a 'Better' keyboard

This rom just transforms the tablet into a really great device, can't believe Hanspree ship them the way they do...

Anyway, once again, great work...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you alpha232 for this ROM. It works very well especially since it is the first version.

I have installed the new Market app (v 3.0.27) and it works great. Google+ is there but it is not easy to find. I can not find IMDB but I have installed it from a backup in TitaniumBackup. Official XBMC Remote is installed and shows up in Market under My apps but not when searching...

After using the ROM for a while my Home soft key stopped working. The on screen key still works though. I have read on the forum that this has happened to Gtablet users as well and that wiping data/factory reset solved the problem so I may have to try that.

I have installed Zeam laucher and use it instead of the stock launcher. You can configure the icon spacing by setting the number of rows and columns for the desktop.

Here is a list of features that I wish could be added in the future:
  • Wifi location (using nearby wireless networks to find you location)
  • Swedish language (I am using Gingerbread keyboard from Market which gives me Swedish keyboard)
  • Overclocking capability
  • USB host mode (It may already be possible, on the Vega I think you power on with Home pressed)

P.S. I tried to use "Return to stock settings" after using "Settings Update" but the tablet didn't get past the boot animation. I had to reapply "Settings Update" to fix this. Now I have lost the lock screen and want the TNT stock settings to be able to activate it again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just put zeam on pad it woks so well
and now it runs even faster
this section is getting better each time I log on
good work peeps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi alpha232,
My test with hdmi and sound was successful I was able to hear the sound.
I could see both screens at the same time but on the tv was the resolution
not the full screen. When I looked a video everything was fine.

Thorsten

PS: your ROM is fantastic please go forward ( especially with German :))

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had some FC issues after flashing but a full wipe sorted that.

Nice and snappy. I like it.

Android Market is under the impression that Facebook for Android is not compatible with my device though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to see a bit of dedication to getting some custom roms for this tab, if it wasn't for the effort you guys had put in on here, I wouldn't have bought it from Best buy today
(no pressure lol)..

Couple of q's... Does this rom remove TnT? Also (possibly as a result if it does) does it improve the screens responsivity?

Look forward to seeing what else gets sorted for the hannspad

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad to see a bit of dedication to getting some custom roms for this tab, if it wasn't for the effort you guys had put in on here, I wouldn't have bought it from Best buy today
(no pressure lol)..

Couple of q's... Does this rom remove TnT? Also (possibly as a result if it does) does it improve the screens responsivity?

Look forward to seeing what else gets sorted for the hannspad
Yes TnT is removed and replaced with a more stock-like launcher. As a result swiping between screens and the devices responsiveness in general is much improved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys..
i installed the rom everything works, but the market...i open it, and want to download sth...it starts, but it doesn't work...i can't download anything..
is there any setting i have to mark or dismark?

thanks
krefti

1 - 20 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.