Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I bought a P85(A9D5) it's was very fast but there is some problem inside the firmware. Therefore, I made this rom for myself and now share it to you.

This rom based on official rom V2.00 I added some tweaks that will be listed below:

Mods:
- Kernel ported from v2.06, cifs and md4 included
- Apps and framework are optimized and zip-aligned
- /data space now 2GB (1GB before and /sdcard lost 1GB)
- Rooted and English set to default language
- Added no-frills CPU control and do-time in Settings
- Remove Chinese apps and unnecessary stuffs
- Custom bootanimation with sound (he will say "DROOOOOOID" when boot complete)
- Fix Gameloft compatible issues
- Force GPU rending UI
- Kingsoft Office, FilemanagerHD and Gapps per-installed

...some more I don't remember

How to install:
NOTICE: I won't be responsible for your device, you should know what are you do in and how dangerous it is.
REMEMBER: you should backup your /data and internal sdcard (16GB) because those ould be formatted during flashing process

This is the tutorial how to flash from www.topnotchtables.com
All tools that needed are include in the download, "P85(A9D3).img" is the thing you need to flash
With my firmware in the last test the green yellow indicator will turn to purple with a log

<Layer 7-2> Find User Disk Start
<Layer 7-2> Find User Disk Pass
<Layer 7-2> Format Disk Start
<Layer 7-2> Format Disk Success
**********Restore Done Success<1> Fail<0> Time<199213>ms**********
Then hold the power button until purple color disappear and quickly remove the cable
Then power on you P85 like normal, it should show some error, but in CWM touch recovery.
go to MOUNTS AND STORAGE > FORMAT /CACHE > FORMAT /DATA, go out and REBOOT SYSTEM

You have to do FORMAT(not just wipe) those things because CWM don't understand the auto format script in the package like official recovery

1st boot will take some time...be patient

Welcome to your new P85(A9D3), its time to show-off:

Credits to:

-Nickos-V I applied his Gameloft fix
- fun_ I'm using his CWM-based recovery
- Other devs who make the joy of android

Last but not least: P85(A9D3).zip - 255.23 MB Please do not mirror the link, if I catch you I will report

This is the first package, any latter package may be pack into update.zip for CWM cause you had it now

Any issue and problem you can inbox me, I will collect and fix for us

Remember to set auto shutdown after 3-4hrs this should help you get rid of battery issues

Joy your P85(A9D3) - TECFUN = Teclast is funny lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tnx for the work, I'm downloading it now.
I heard about CMW but I'm not fully understand how it works.
Does this ROM still have multilingual support?
What is "Force GPU rending UI" in respect of what was before the tweak?
I know how to backup Apps but how do I backup and restore the games scores
?
(my tab is rooted)

Tnx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cwm help you backup restore and do all stuff with the firmware inside, you can go to cwm by hold volume + and press power
Force GPU rending UK suppose to help user interface more smooth but consume less battery, before it was CPU rending UI
You can make backup with titanium backup and copy all your internal SD out computer.
Then when ROM all flash, copy all data to your internal SD, install titanium backup from play store and restrore them all

Best regards,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does the ROM still have multilingual support?
I guess so, so is it possible with this ROM to map the keyboard "Lang change" key to the space key with long press?
- I tried to get a screen capture of that but it doesn't show on the captured JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does the ROM still have multilingual support?
I guess so, so is it possible with this ROM to map the keyboard "Lang change" key to the space key with long press?
- I tried to get a screen capture of that but it doesn't show on the captured JPG
Hi Asik, I do not exactly understand what you are looking for, but all languages are still in the ROM and options such as 'Suppress language switch key' and 'Custom input styles' are also available!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Phuong, thanks for your efforts! A ROM that combines the features of 2.00 (full market access) and various tweaks with speed of 2.06. So far everything is working like a charm.
I am happy to hear that from you, stefan!
I found some new features but not sure if we really need it. RK3066 seem to be best performance in dualcore cpus.
I use to set my cpu hotplug governor, and it was very snappy, faster than my lg p920, sometime faster than my friends asus tf300.
Ahh playing asphalt 7 now, it's un believeable with a $130 tablet
Best regards,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Enable adb and check if the wireless modules are loaded? lsmod is the command you need after adb shell
I didn't ever face with driver issue like you did, and so never try update with update.img in sdcard.
There should be some issues because the cwm recovery don't support the update script like stock one. But don't worry since your tablet boot fine, we can fix it easily.
Contact me in tinhte.vn post p85 dual core topic

Regards,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Enable adb and check if the wireless modules are loaded? lsmod is the command you need after adb shell
I didn't ever face with driver issue like you did, and so never try update with update.img in sdcard.
There should be some issues because the cwm recovery don't support the update script like stock one. But don't worry since your tablet boot fine, we can fix it easily.
Contact me in tinhte.vn post p85 dual core topic

Regards,
Thanks Phuong. Have removed previous post as used friends computer and IMG loaded perfectly with no WIFI problems.

Thanks again. Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, please be aware of your P85 model and made date before loading AD93 firmware on tablet. I am the owner of two AD95's, an older one purchased in the beginning of 2013 and a one bought last month. The early one loaded the firmware well and I am very happy with it. The new one did not load and ended up with a white screen every time I loaded it. If this happens to you, load (P85双核(A9D5)--Android4.1.1-V1.11-571B.rar) from here http://dl.vmall.com/en_US/c02xfh86vj# to get it working again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts