Android Tablets Forum banner
441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I got my Crystal 7 today, apparently it is Batch 3. I want my language, finnish on it, but it's not supported at the moment.

I don't want to randomly put some Rom on it without any personal help, so could you guys help me out on this? What Rom should I get and how to install it? How can I be sure it wont brick my device? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
No Finnish so it's not the new quad core...

Also newer roms than Soulgem supports Finnish, like CM, PA and Crystal Clear.

Better to choose one of those, or you want to keep the original (maybe safer) you can just install my language package from here:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/56594-adding-more-languages-to-the-crystal-stock-rom/

Also the programs are translated in it.

What ever you do you better take a backup with TWRP first...
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/63282-how-to-flashing-custom-firmware-in-twrp/

You can also use my Jolly Dumper package for backing up the other important partitions as well.
At same time you may possibly get more information about the version you have...
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41193-rom-compatibility-trace-how-to-figure-out-your-batch-number/page__view__findpost__p__727274

The same bad English in bad Finnish...
Sama huono englanti huonolla suomella..

Ei suomea eli uusi quad core ei ole kyseessä...

Myös uudemmat romit kuin Soulgem tukee suomea, kuten esimerkiksi CM, PA ja Crystal Clear...

Parempi valita niistä taikka jos haluat pitäytyä alkuperäisessä (ehkä turvallisempaa) voit asentaa vain mun kielipaketin täältä:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/56594-adding-more-languages-to-the-crystal-stock-rom/

Siinä on myös ohjelmat käännetty.

Mitä teetkin niin kannattaa ottaa varmuuskopio ensin TWRP:llä...
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/63282-how-to-flashing-custom-firmware-in-twrp/

Voit myös käyttää mun Jolly Dumper pakettia ottaaksesi myös muut tärkeät osiot talteen.
Samalla saat mahdollisesti lisätietoa versiostasi...
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41193-rom-compatibility-trace-how-to-figure-out-your-batch-number/page__view__findpost__p__727274

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey CXZ and thanks for the answer. I decided it's best for me to put CyanogenMod on my device, since I already got it in my ZTE Blade phone. So what would you tell me to do then? I'm sorry I'm such a newbie on this, but I just don't want to ruin my brand new device.

I download the Rom, which one?
I back up everything, how?

Thank you in advance, again.

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
>Which one?
Depends what issues you want
- others know more about them... you can also read from ROM's thread how to install and what can possibly go wrong.
I would probably choose Crystal Clear... CMs still has some camera issues I think, if you have the later batch3 version.

>Back up everything, how?
Read the thread I gave... it has also good instructions how to install Clear.
BTW, install compatibility zips only if needed...

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
So you want to know you batch for sure? Actually only Ainol knows it for sure but we can make a good guess...

Here is how, step by step

1. Unzip the Jolly Dumper zip (that you can download from here: http://yadi.sk/d/QqoWNkCv3eb7L) to your external sdcard
2. Go to step 3

3. Start tablet by pressing Power and Vol- at the same time. Then it should enter to the stock recovery mode.
4. Select "Apply update from EXT" (Vol- goes down and Power/Vol+ selects)
5. Select the sh-script-runner.zip to run the sh script file

The install package tells the batch version for you.
If it doesn't, it's a new version. Then post the output file (jolly-dumper-image-info.txt) here, thanks!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Use a root file browser like ROM Toolbox to delete it. The one from the play store probably won't work though so if the one packaged into the ROM doesn't work for you then you might have to start trying some versions until you find one that does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finally got rid of the youtube apk in system/app/ by using the Rom Toolbox which came with Crystal Clear rom.

Now when I try to install youtube, by using apk from internet or original Play-store youtube it just gives me this error: "App not installed."

Before I start installing it it says that it's a system app, does it mean anything in relation with this problem?

E: Oh wow, reboot fixed it. I'm stupid, thank you fuser-invent, you're the best.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Dear Soulflier,

I recently own a Novo 7 Crystal Dual Core 1.5 SN: 121008G05953

Will it be okay if I install the latest SoulGem firmware?

Appreciate your reply-

Thank you.
Soulflier isn't around anymore, neither is Pat Moss who did the Jasper ROM. Choose any other ROM in the firmware section besides those two and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Crystal users

Has anyone been able to fix the mouse cursor bug using the OTG in the Soulgem v0.3 Rom.
Does that problem exists for any other Rom I can flash for the Crystal batch 1 tablet.

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi Crystal users

Has anyone been able to fix the mouse cursor bug using the OTG in the Soulgem v0.3 Rom.
Does that problem exists for any other Rom I can flash for the Crystal batch 1 tablet.

Thanks
Frank
It's fixed in Crystal Clear but you should be able to use the same mouse fix zip file for SoulGem too. Not 100% sure though since SoulGem has been abandoned for a really long time now. The zip is in my MediaFire CC v2.0 folder here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi fuser-invent
Yes that fixed the problem your a Wizard.
Thanks for your help.
I am tempted to install Crystal Clear v2.0 signed then to update with crystal_clear_batch1_compatibility_v2.0
Would the installation process be the same as if I were to install Soulgem
Thanks again
Frank

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi fuser-invent
Yes that fixed the problem your a Wizard.
Thanks for your help.
I am tempted to install Crystal Clear v2.0 signed then to update with crystal_clear_batch1_compatibility_v2.0
Would the installation process be the same as if I were to install Soulgem
Thanks again
Frank
I think the original post has the installation instructions. It's best to first flash the latest stock ROM to prep the device. Then you extract the TWRP uImage_recovery to your external SD card. In TWRP then flash the Crystal Clear ROM and then the compatibility zip. You need to flash the comp zip because each Crystal batch has different hardware. It should all be explained in the original posts on that thread though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
recently I install new soulgem ROM as instruction says. Download SoulGem_v3.0.zip and copy on my Novo 7 Crystal tablet memory, after upgrading completed, I choose reboot command... after that my tablet become a Brick!! I hold Power button for hours!! but didn't happen any thing! my tabled doesn't show anything on display... please help me to restore my device... please....

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi
recently I install new soulgem ROM as instruction says. Download SoulGem_v3.0.zip and copy on my Novo 7 Crystal tablet memory, after upgrading completed, I choose reboot command... after that my tablet become a Brick!! I hold Power button for hours!! but didn't happen any thing! my tabled doesn't show anything on display... please help me to restore my device... please....
See the unbricking guide in my thread, link in my signature. There is a warning at the top of the SoulGem original post saying not to flash to batch 3 devices and I've put multiple comments in this thread saying SoulGem is super outdated. So I'm guessing you have a batch 3 device but you should still read the entire unbricking thread and figure out what to do next.

441 - 458 of 458 Posts