Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
SoulGem ROM by Soulflier
This is a Custom ROM for Ainol Novo 7 Crystal. Do not install it on other devices.​

[Mod Edit] - Warning - posted here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39229-rom-soulgem/page__view__findpost__p__505217 "Do not flash this ROM on batch 3 1212 Crystal" - [//edit]

Current version: v0.3 (Mirror) (Mirror2)

Flash 11

SDcard switch patch (sdcard to /sdcard, internalsd to /sdcard/external_sdcard)

SDcard revert patch (sdcard to /sdcard/external_sdcard, internalsd to /sdcard)
Changelog:
v0.3(Mirror) (Mirror2):
  • Latest Google Apps
  • Landscape enabled in the Launcher
  • Many additional system languages (view screenshots of the complete language list here)
  • Mutli-language keyboard
  • Mutli-language Google Voice Search
  • SDcard configuration is back to original, use the SDswitch_patch to switch the internal and external SDs.
  • SetupWizard starts on first startup, you can set the language at the very first page.
  • All Chinese apps removed
  • Themed bootanimation
  • ADB enabled by default and the icon is hidden
v0.1
  • Based on the official 0928 firmware
  • Root
  • Google Apps
  • Google Play compatibility fix
  • Gameloft games compatibility fix
  • Full screen option (Settings->Display->Full screen)
  • InternalSD <-> microSD switch
  • Default language: English
  • Default location(for time&date): US
Planned features:
  • Tablet UI
  • Home button to shortpress Back, longpress Home
  • Auto-hide status bar
  • Battery Percentage display

Installation:
  1. Download the SoulGem_vX.X.zip and copy it to a microSD card (do NOT extract it)
  2. Charge up the battery in your Crystal, Power Off and remove the charger cable.
  3. Insert the microSD card into your Crystal
  4. Press and hold the Volume- and the Power button at the same time until the green droid appears
  5. In the recovery you can move with the Volume- button, you can select with Power or Volume+
  6. Not needed but recommended: Select Wipe data/factory reset
  7. Select the apply update from EXT option
  8. Select the SoulGem_vX.X.zip, this will install the package
  9. Wait for the update to finish
  10. Select reboot system now

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is great! I have just pre order my Ainol Crystal and I can't wait to try this. Will you try to add compatibility with Christian Troy's CM10 for Elf II? I read in the official Crystal ROM theme in Ainol Official Forum that it works with elf II and the only problem is the WiFi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No but I am using Flash 11.1. It does work, I haven't tested it thoroughly, flash banners work on websites. I will test flash videos and apps that require flash to be installed.
The planned features that have a check mark after the line are already done but they are not yet implemented in the current version.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It sounds like the same as the CM10 ports for Aurora II/Elf II - the Flash player 11.1 works OK but not 10.2 so we lose the hardware acceleration. For most uses this is OK but I watch NZ on demand TV through a browser with Flash plugin and without hardware acceleration I'm limited to a low bitrate and even that isn't reliable.

I wonder if there's a way of getting the hardware accelerated Flash player working in 4.1 because if there was I would have the perfect setup. Without it I'm going to be stuck with 4.0.4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you think I should buy Aurora II or Crystal? Elf II is out of stock. Is this ROM working better than CM10 for Aurora II or ELf II?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've tried to find option in build prop for landscape 'desktop' instead of harassing portrait. nothing there.

Using stock crystal firmware on Elf2

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've tried to find option in build prop for landscape 'desktop' instead of harassing portrait. nothing there.

Using stock crystal firmware on Elf2
I already use a "Landscape enabled" Launcher2.apk. It will be implemented in the next release.
This issue is a launcher limitation, you cannot set it in build.prop, switching to another launcher solves the whole thing, so using Nova Launcher or anything else will work too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was going to use nova launcher. For now I'm working to find a way to replace crystal wifi drivers in kernel for our elf2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was going to use nova launcher. For now I'm working to find a way to replace crystal wifi drivers in kernel for our elf2.
Please also try to replace Elf II wifi drivers with the Crystal ones in CM10

P.S.: Do you think that official Jelly Bean ROM from ainol is working better in the Elf II than CM10 by Christian Troy?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please also try to replace Elf II wifi drivers with the Crystal ones in CM10

P.S.: Do you think that official Jelly Bean ROM from ainol is working better in the Elf II than CM10 by Christian Troy?

I've try to replace crystal wifi driver by cm10 chris troy and no luck so far. Ainol build is stock and cm10 comes with kernel tweaks so I'd say cm10 would be better as is. I'd prefer the stock one if you wanna made your own android version with your own mods. That's my opinion

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've try to replace crystal wifi driver by cm10 chris troy and no luck so far. Ainol build is stock and cm10 comes with kernel tweaks so I'd say cm10 would be better as is. I'd prefer the stock one if you wanna made your own android version with your own mods. That's my opinion
Ok. But, Is Stock 4.1 faster than CM10? Do you think I should buy Aurora II or pre order Crystal?
P.S.: Did you try Apex Launcher? Apex is amazing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
nothing yet dude? I've been working all night long and I didn't get wifi working yet
without the damn source its a bit tricky

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No problem.

I encountered an issue that delays the new version: apktool cannot decompile the Jelly Bean apks (SystemUI.apk for example). It is needed for the translations and also for the Tablet_UI implementation. Does someone have a quick solution for decompiling and recompiling these apks? I found a loooong version, but I would prefer one single tool instead of a whole tool chain. Embedding the translations and patching the errors in them for recompiling is a long process in itself.

1 - 20 of 458 Posts