Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Hello.

I've been searching the whole forum for the past couple of hours and I can't seem to find answers to a couple of questions, so I'll post here and hopefully someone will help :)

a) Is there a way to ONLY install the dts/ac3 fix on an official firmware?
B) What's the deal with this 2gb partition thing? Where does it help? :/
a) Yes, you can manually replace the stock audiodsp_codec_dca.bin in /system/etc/firmware (for DTS) with the one from the ZT-280 1110 ROM, or you can use extract the neccessary file from vopo's updated version of kamillo's AC3 fix - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/26320-videoplayer-problems/page__view__findpost__p__369713. And then you would also need to flash the licence1.ef file, so you would edit the command file to just update that file....
b) Only if you want more space to install apps directly on the nand instead of having apps on the sdcard also...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've successfully managed to install this ROM on my tablet but I want to run the 1.2gh 2gb partition kernal with it. I've had no luck - when I put the 1.2gh kernal and recovery file on my SD in the update folder and flash the tablet with them, I get a "skip recovery message" and then, on booting, my tablet always locks up on the swirly blue animated boot screen.

I've tried other OC kernals and experienced the same problem, and I've tried using two different SD cards. Any chance someone might post a simple to follow idiot's guide to installing an overclocked kernal to work with this ROM?

·
Registered
34 Posts
a) Yes, you can manually replace the stock audiodsp_codec_dca.bin in /system/etc/firmware (for DTS) with the one from the ZT-280 1110 ROM, or you can use extract the neccessary file from vopo's updated version of kamillo's AC3 fix - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/26320-videoplayer-problems/page__view__findpost__p__369713. And then you would also need to flash the licence1.ef file, so you would edit the command file to just update that file....
Only if you want more space to install apps directly on the nand instead of having apps on the sdcard also...
Thanks for the reply omarhaum!

·
6,629 Posts
I've successfully managed to install this ROM on my tablet but I want to run the 1.2gh 2gb partition kernal with it. I've had no luck - when I put the 1.2gh kernal and recovery file on my SD in the update folder and flash the tablet with them, I get a "skip recovery message" and then, on booting, my tablet always locks up on the swirly blue animated boot screen.

I've tried other OC kernals and experienced the same problem, and I've tried using two different SD cards. Any chance someone might post a simple to follow idiot's guide to installing an overclocked kernal to work with this ROM?
First, if your tablet freezes when using an overclocked kernel, that means you shouldn't/can't use it and should try using one that's at a lower frequency.... The kernel gets flashed before it goes into recovery (which only flashes the android system files onto the nand - the *.tar.bz files, licence1.ef, and the novatek touchscreen firmware {i2c}, as you can see in the command file).... Have you tried using the kernels that are only OCed, without the 2Gb data partition? Might be a good idea to try those first to see what frequency is stable for your tablet, before you flash the kernel and recovery for OC+2GB data....

Second: Just switch out the kernel and recovery files for the OCed+2GB data partition ones in the ROM's zt-update folder and flash as normal (you do need all the other ROM files included with XpL0Za's ROM in the zt-update folder as well)...

·
Registered
3 Posts
First, if your tablet freezes when using an overclocked kernel, that means you shouldn't/can't use it and should try using one that's at a lower frequency.... The kernel gets flashed before it goes into recovery (which only flashes the android system files onto the nand - the *.tar.bz files, licence1.ef, and the novatek touchscreen firmware {i2c}, as you can see in the command file).... Have you tried using the kernels that are only OCed, without the 2Gb data partition? Might be a good idea to try those first to see what frequency is stable for your tablet, before you flash the kernel and recovery for OC+2GB data....

Second: Just switch out the kernel and recovery files for the OCed+2GB data partition ones in the ROM's zt-update folder and flash as normal (you do need all the other ROM files included with XpL0Za's ROM in the zt-update folder as well)...
Thanks for the reply. I've just tried using your OCed 1.ghz kernal. There was only a .kernal file to download (no .recovery file), so I replaced the .kernal file in XpL0Za's zt-update folder with the 1 ghz version and tried flashing my tablet. Same problem as always - freezes on the blue swirly startup animation. Am I doing something wrong? It seems to me that my genuine ZT-282 C91 should handle 1ghz perfectly well because isn't the 1ghz processor part of its specification?

·
6,629 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I've just tried using your OCed 1.ghz kernal. There was only a .kernal file to download (no .recovery file), so I replaced the .kernal file in XpL0Za's zt-update folder with the 1 ghz version and tried flashing my tablet. Same problem as always - freezes on the blue swirly startup animation. Am I doing something wrong? It seems to me that my genuine ZT-282 C91 should handle 1ghz perfectly well because isn't the 1ghz processor part of its specification?
I'd say try the 950MHz and/or 900MHz kernels and see if they boot ok...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok so I have been bit busy lately so was not able to try the rom before but I finally got around using it today and while the tablet is def much more smother now I still have not been able to play ac3 the onlly thing I could think of is that I am trying to pkay a mkn file with ac3 audio could that have anything to do with it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've installed this ROM, and it seems to be very quick.

However, when I go into the mobile networks panel I get the error: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

Another odd bug was that only half the default wallpaper just after install (the left half was black).

·
6,629 Posts
Does no one else have this problem? I'd rather like to be able to use 3G internet.
It appears that he deleted the Phone.apk and Phone.odex files from the /system/app folder....

Extract those files from the stock 0327 ROM's system.zt280.tar.bz file and then copy it over to your tablets /system/app folder (make sure you remount it to rw-rewriteable since the default is ro-read-only) then press on the Phone.apk to install it, it should work after that (maybe after rebooting)....

·
6,629 Posts
Well that was silly of him.

I wasn't able to copy over the files, so I merged the two system.zt280.tar.bz files and re-flashed (overwriting the official files). It works, if a bit slower.
By merging, you mean you used XpL0Za's ROM files and then added the Phone.apk and Phone.odex to the /zt-update/system/app folder on your sdcard?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I added the two files to XpL0Za's ROM and reflashed. The correct settings show up now.

Unfortunately it seems the sound has stopped working through the internal speaker. It works fine through the jack though. Mm...

·
6,629 Posts
Yeah, I added the two files to XpL0Za's ROM and reflashed. The correct settings show up now.

Unfortunately it seems the sound has stopped working through the internal speaker. It works fine through the jack though. Mm...
Check HDMI Switch and make sure it's set to panel...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it's the only thread I see that contains the DTS + AC3 fix. My tablet seems to play everything fine, EXCEPT a few movies in which the sound clicks every couple of seconds. Does this rom fix this problem?

The problem is I don't know why it does it and can't isolate the problem. I can even play properly a 1080p with dts-hd, and I can't play another one. Maybe the codec each movie was done with? :/ I can play fine all normal dts movies I tested so far..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Newbie Alert !!!

OK, I tried a couple of ROMS mentioned here on this site, flashed no problems, however after some freezing and app crashing problems just flashed back to the Zenithink latest rom on their website.

How do I just flash the cpu clock kernel thing ?? remove everything from my zt-update folder on the sd card and place the kernel there on it's own ?? then flash as normal ? or ??

Sorry for newbie question

Is there a resource for just the suitable cpu kernel ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
from what I make of it ac3 works fine in most formats but at least in my case it is not working in mkv format

Sent from my ZTPAD ZT-282 C91 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just realized it has to do something with sw and hw decoding... :/ in flac files and some mkv files I had the same problems, when I switched to sw decoding (I only found this option in mx player ) it seems to be working fine. Not all mkv can be decoded in sw though, 1080 seems to have trouble decoding on the slow sw decoder... I tried playing video with hw and audio sw decoding and I also see straing, maybe the sw decoder isnt fast enough to decode just dts on its own..

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.