Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last night I flashed this ROM,run Google play which then updated itself, used Titanium Backup to re-installed apps & 12 hours later still running fine & does seem quite a bit quicker. I didn't run Antutu before upgrade but the figures after seem to match the finedtuned in XpL0Za post. Thanks to all the guys working on this it is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, it's all a bit confusing for me as well.

Is there a (tested) file with all the latest stuff included that we can download and flash our tablets with?

Thanks guys for trying to better this for us, much appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have now flashed this ROM. It does feel a little quicker certainly the browser feels quicker when loading web pages. I havent done much testing games and movies wise but I am happy for now. Looking forward to v3 of this ROM with more build.prop tweaks.

Thanks Xploza, btw did you look at the uberoid ROM I posted about in this thread and see if there was anything we could take from that?

Cheers
harty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this ROM, definitely smoother overall performance.

I have a couple of issues with sound though.

Netflix plays fine just with no sound.

On a few games the audio is cutting in and out like every 2 seconds. Happens on FarmDriver and FLCommando.

Other than that it works great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the C91 Upgrade H3_1a and am currently using the zenithink Rom. After a bit of digging around I think the Rom it came with was like 0517 V2-1 or something but I have not seen that anywhere else yet( there is a txt file with it in my /mnt/flash. Problem is netflix does not work and after reading for 14 hours (literally) I have not really had any conformation if it is actually working with this new rom or how I would get it working. It will play for a minute then screen goes black but I have audio. Any advice or pointers would be great & TY for all your hard work ^^

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the C91 Upgrade H3_1a and am currently using the zenithink Rom. After a bit of digging around I think the Rom it came with was like 0517 V2-1 or something but I have not seen that anywhere else yet( there is a txt file with it in my /mnt/flash. Problem is netflix does not work and after reading for 14 hours (literally) I have not really had any conformation if it is actually working with this new rom or how I would get it working. It will play for a minute then screen goes black but I have audio. Any advice or pointers would be great & TY for all your hard work ^^
Well usually most of the changes that are made with a new ROM has to do with the kernel.
There have been many intermediary ROMs that get flashed onto the tablets from the factory, but not uploaded to the Zenithink website for others to download.
Netflix, BBC iplayer, ... is a know issue and I don't think there's a fix for it yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanls for this, going to try this rom as my tablet is constantly freezing, even when accessing pdfs.

Thanks for this. Hoping this rom will fix my tablet freezing issue.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Any changes in last version from yesterday? Ty for your hard work...
I believe the changelog is in the first post:
Replaced the default browser by Dolphin HD
Removed the unnecessary *.jar's from /system/framework/ (xml's do the job)
Additional tweaks to build.prop
Removed unnecessary apk's (went from 135 to 76 files in system.zt280.tar\app\)
Addition of /system/bin/iwconfig (set rx/tx wifi dBM)
Changed the bootanimation
Antutu Score
Cleanup of the installation package

·
Registered
55 Posts
XpL0Za,
Ladies and gentlemen, the latest version of this ROM has been uploaded. Enjoy.
Where is the link please? Also I was wondering if you knew how to deodex this rom.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
XpL0Za,

Where is the link please? Also I was wondering if you knew how to deodex this rom.
Same place, bottom of first post....

Yes, I would like to know how to deodex a ROM also, hopefully XpL0Za or deskwizard will tell us how....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi i have a problem with this rom i flashed to my tablet and now its just stuck at the boot screen no matter what i do the tablet doesnt respond ,its just frozen at the screen.how can i solve this?
Same thing happened to me (C91 Upgrade H3_1a). I had to reset the tablet (the reset hole is very small beside the Ethernet USB port). After I reset the tablet has worked great every since, fast & more responsive. I hace had no problems booting up since after first flash.

Only thing that has happened is my Wireless Connection has dropped a couple time & I have to reboot to get it to scan & find my connection.

Hope this helps you & TY everyone who worked on this ROM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have encountered two problems so far.

The first is that my wifi will shutdown every so often, lately is shuts down after 10-15 minutes. Is there anything I can do t fix this?

The second thing s I can not run chainfire3D. It will install but when I try to open it, ir crashes. Is this installed with this rom and that is the problem?

Thanks for all the help

P.s. I saw a link to donate to help support omarahum but itgave me an error in paypal. Ty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello.

I've been searching the whole forum for the past couple of hours and I can't seem to find answers to a couple of questions, so I'll post here and hopefully someone will help

a) Is there a way to ONLY install the dts/ac3 fix on an official firmware?
What's the deal with this 2gb partition thing? Where does it help? :/

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.