Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Quick Custom ROM i Cooked up, Nothing too fancy (okay its pretty fancy)
UPDATED1.3 Changelog:-Updated To 1.7.4 Base-Market Enabled and Working-Google Apps Working-Battery Enhancement, should get 1-2 hours extra.-Speed Improvements (see reference table)- Still as lightweight as ever-Updates the U-Boot image as well as kernel. so DONT interrupt during installation, and plug in to power! 1.3 Downloadhttp://www.multiupload.com/ODPQMOUQPRorDownload in the downloads SectionFeatures 1.2:- BACKUP can be disabled using the backupconf (0=dont backup 1=do backup)- added Dump and restore in similar method (restore not yet working).- Super safe, doesn't mess with key kernel or boot files.- Custom launcher (actually works in portrait mode)- customisable amount of home screens (8 max)- Credit goes too SuperD for the ADW settings, i just ported it.- latest, calculator and others (2.1) i forget which- switching between recent apps now supported by using the "morerecent" program- removed customisable option, will add as a separate download.- general speed and stability increases- WIFI WORKING- ROOTED thanks too zipper_x! too enable root.1)once installed, reinstall SU (provided in download) and install terminal emulator available here:http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Enhancements/Better-Terminal-Emulator-Magic-84558.shtml2)after installed, go into settings, applications, development, and enable USB Debugging.3) restart Eken, once powered on, run emulator and type SU, should then be able too allow root acess!- Bare bones! all non-essential apps/data removed, almost half normal size!- based of the newest 1.7.2 eken update- screenshot appNEW DOWNLOAD! 1.2!http://www.multiupload.com/YE5HRW22QMFeatures 1.1:- BACKUP can be disabled using the backupconf (0=dont backup 1=do backup)- added Dump and restore in similar method (restore not yet working).- Super safe, doesn't mess with key kernel or boot files.- Custom launcher (actually works in portrait mode)- customisable amount of home screens (8 max)- Credit goes too SuperD for the ADW settings, i just ported it.- latest, calculator and others (2.1) i forget which- switching between recent apps now supported by using the "morerecent" program- removed customisable option, will add as a separate download.- general speed and stability increases- WIFI WORKING- ROOTED thanks too zipper_x!- some other stuff. Features 1.0:- BACKUP automatic on start up, restore script coming later.- Super safe, doesnt mess with key kernel or boot files.- Custom launcher (actually works in portrait mode)- customisable ammount of home screens (8 max)- Credit goes too SuperD for the ADW settings, i just ported it.- latest, calculator and others (2.1) i forget which- switching between recent apps now supported by using the "morerecent" program- fully customisable! no messing about with 7zip, just open up "android_fs" folder go into "system" and from there you can add or subtract apps at your own pleasure. Any files it doesnt like will be put into a "trash" folder on the SD card (its hidden)-larger wallpaper gallery (i stole some of super D's)-general speed increase'sInstall:Same as update that was released.1. copy "script" folder too root of sd card (make sure directly inside that folder are all the system files. EG Sdcardroot/script/all files are here2. switch device on, and let it do its thing. ** IMPORTANT NOTE, THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME TOO FINISH! IF YOURS WENT WRONG, IT WILL COME UP AN ERROR, NO ERROR+LOADING BAR STILL DOING ITS THING=WAIT!Bugs- Wifi not working Fixed in v1.1[TO-DO]- Restore Script/ script clean up- Market- Apps2sd- Usb Device Support.NEW DOWNLOAD!http://www.multiupload.com/YXX4AGDK5Fold download V1.0 (working)http://www.multiupload.com/CAJD4L8GTMold Download V0.11 (non working):http://www.mp4doggie.com/eken/SlateDroid/Slatedroidv0.11.7zThanks too mp4doggie for the ftp accessEnjoy, feedback is welcome

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ASAP, assuming delivery goes without a hitch id say, within the next 2 weeks there should be a new WORKING release of this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
First, this forum is a very Good initiative... Many thanks for this...I have my Slate from 5 days... I'm waiting a good firmware for this Cheap Slate... Actually the phone part is unrequired as some other thinks.Does Your firmware project goes in this direction ? And the most important for me, does your project keeps multi languages ?Giuseppe from France

·
Registered
3 Posts
First off would like to say a cudo's to you guys for this site and the info so far.Wow have only had my device for one day and have already updated the firmware to the official patch and nowhave downloaded SlateDroid v0.11 firmware.In fact I have just finished the "upgrade" as I type and about to reboot. Fingers Crossed XOK still reports the android version as at 1.6/ kernel version as at 2.6.29/ and SDK version as at 1.7.1hm-mm loading line and the word android flashing rapidly and intermittently for about 30 secsand then the loading line is back and animated.1 min and still no more than the loading line,2 min and still the same,screen flickers once in a while,10 min and still nada apart from the occasional flicker.Going back to "official" update for now.Good work guys, and absolutely brilliant considering you don't have a device to test on yet,you'll be dangerous once you do have one
look forward to having a "better" version to use.am thinking of opening up the case to see what kind of ram to upgrade with, cant be much worse thanopening up a large can of worms,,,,Right? :)CheersWayne (linuxone66)

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=linuxone66 link=topic=3.msg309#msg309 date=1273853985]First off would like to say a cudo's to you guys for this site and the info so far.Wow have only had my device for one day and have already updated the firmware to the official patch and nowhave downloaded SlateDroid v0.11 firmware.In fact I have just finished the "upgrade" as I type and about to reboot. Fingers Crossed XOK still reports the android version as at 1.6/ kernel version as at 2.6.29/ and SDK version as at 1.7.1hm-mm loading line and the word android flashing rapidly and intermittently for about 30 secsand then the loading line is back and animated.1 min and still no more than the loading line,2 min and still the same,screen flickers once in a while,10 min and still nada apart from the occasional flicker.Going back to "official" update for now.Good work guys, and absolutely brilliant considering you don't have a device to test on yet,you'll be dangerous once you do have one
look forward to having a "better" version to use.am thinking of opening up the case to see what kind of ram to upgrade with, cant be much worse thanopening up a large can of worms,,,,Right? :)CheersWayne (linuxone66)[/quote]Don't open it without checking Aimless's tear down first. Theres lots of pics of all the inner workings.

·
Registered
49 Posts
[quote author=Willo link=topic=3.msg4#msg4 date=1273691368]Bugs-Not getting past "boot" screen, somthing about flashing logo?[/quote]I got my Eken M001 yesterday.I have flashed ECOTOX_ModM001Firmware_v3.6.7.3.4[Working Beta] with success, but i get the above bug when installing this ROM.Any tips or new developments?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Synaptyc link=topic=3.msg2611#msg2611 date=1274994626][quote author=Willo link=topic=3.msg4#msg4 date=1273691368]Bugs-Not getting past "boot" screen, somthing about flashing logo?[/quote]I got my Eken M001 yesterday.I have flashed ECOTOX_ModM001Firmware_v3.6.7.3.4[Working Beta] with success, but i get the above bug when installing this ROM.Any tips or new developments?[/quote]your in for a treat!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=hilltopper06 link=topic=3.msg2629#msg2629 date=1274998586]Just to avoid some confusion. At the end of the first post the whole "this stuff is untested, blah, blah, blah" is referring to v.11 and not v1.0 stable, correct? Thanks a bunch for all the hard work![/quote]oh damn forgot too edit that outYES ITS TESTED AND WORKING BY YOURS TRULY.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=rkmoray link=topic=3.msg2635#msg2635 date=1274999470]where is the new rom?[/quote]Uploading as we speak, had too start again, got corrupted the first time. upping too multiupload, mirrors welcome

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=Budgieboy link=topic=3.msg2644#msg2644 date=1275001524]Nice, I've just ordered today and have just found this forum.Nice job on the custom ROM, make sure to get the Android Market working fully (I want to play the games!)[/quote]ill pop it on the too do list

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
First off, it just looks incredible. Fast. Two problems. Though it detects my routers - I can't connect to either. It tries but fails. Went back to Eco's rom and I can connect without a problem.Second, going back to the Home screen: clicking on the Menu key, causes and Android process stop and restart.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great job, Willo!! I cannot wait to try this when I get home tonight (at work, all file sharing sites are blocked :- )Feature request: If it makes ROM more responsive or faster anyhow, SWAP function wouldn't be nice?

1 - 20 of 321 Posts