if someone tries it and tells me if everything works alright i'll repack it

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
You don't wanna 4.2 since you'll lose tablet ui

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Tablet got somehow bricked now, get the clicking noise while pressing the powerbutton, following the instruction with the 6 steps didnt work. I was using the repacked rom from february, any help?
thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed this rom with phoenixsuit v1.003 / windows 8. I had christian troy's 20130320 stock rom edition in, installation went ok without problems.

I don't see any differences in this new test firmware, feels same as stock rom 20130320. Assumed that there would be some changes but for me it looks there are no any.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I don't see any differences in this new test firmware, feels same as stock rom 20130320. Assumed that there would be some changes but for me it looks there are no any.
lol, where are the marvellous improvements for retina displays?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
a10 had this problem too, in dual display mode it lagged like hell...

·
Registered
21 Posts
good to know it isn't only the spark then....i think....

anyways, first thoughts:
1. video playback has improved a fair amount. but i'm still unable to stream hockey to my projector at an acceptable fps (seems to be getting there at least)
2. the keyboard lag is virtually non existent, and launcher lag seems to be gone too. massive improvements there.
3. i get about 2.5 mb/s download on the tablet
4. app compatibility does seem to be quite a bit better. although even though hulu plus opens now, it still won't stream videos...from what i'm told for some reason hulu plus doesn't work with unlocked bootloaders. so the firmware probably lacks the proper drm
5. there's volume control on the status bar. just clutter imo, i'd rather see a menu button there for older apps which require the use of a physical menu button.

CT, I'd really like to try out your cm10 once hdmi is working. I look forward to your work.
For those of you interested in testing, Tragidy over on dorkfiles has a "custom" rom which was just recently compiled for A31 devices, our drivers would most likely have to be integrated for it to work properly. I say "custom" because I'm not sure if it's completely custom or just a modded A31 rom.

edit: don't test it until the proper drivers are installed, as the device it was built for has a different screen

·
Registered
62 Posts
good to know it isn't only the spark then....i think....

anyways, first thoughts:
1. video playback has improved a fair amount. but i'm still unable to stream hockey to my projector at an acceptable fps (seems to be getting there at least)
2. the keyboard lag is virtually non existent, and launcher lag seems to be gone too. massive improvements there.
3. i get about 2.5 mb/s download on the tablet
4. app compatibility does seem to be quite a bit better. although even though hulu plus opens now, it still won't stream videos...from what i'm told for some reason hulu plus doesn't work with unlocked bootloaders. so the firmware probably lacks the proper drm
5. there's volume control on the status bar. just clutter imo, i'd rather see a menu button there for older apps which require the use of a physical menu button.

CT, I'd really like to try out your cm10 once hdmi is working. I look forward to your work.
For those of you interested in testing, Tragidy over on dorkfiles has a "custom" rom which was just recently compiled for A31 devices, our drivers would most likely have to be integrated for it to work properly. I say "custom" because I'm not sure if it's completely custom or just a modded A31 rom.

edit: don't test it until the proper drivers are installed, as the device it was built for has a different screen
Thanx about all those informations. On my side cm10 is working ok even though I don't use hdmi for now (no cable) but can't wait that christian get all the source codes he needs

Long life to the open source!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My impressions about the new fw are good .Faster , no lags at all , the problem with the play store remains so some apps are not t compatible so I put them on the sd card and install them from that place and working .

Another strange is with the Youtube that I have sound but NO picture !! Is something missing ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.