Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
DrCheap beat me to it. Same as him i probed around HcH's uberoid release to give me ideas and I too have modified Eken's 1.3.1 firmware and stripped it of all the garbage software. Then added the market and some useful apps. It works on the M009S obviously, and those generic EPC 7" wm8650 netbooks (which is what i'm using it on). More info can be found in the .doc i included in the download.

Download link: Modroid-v1
Download link: Modroid-v2

Cheers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Wicknix: I'm very interested in trying your rom. Is it rooted?

I'm hoping to understand how to get titanium backup to work before changing roms, as I've spent a lot of time getting my tablet set up the way I want it. If you have any experience with it, I'd appreciate some comments to my post in the "8650 other" section.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wicknix: I'm very interested in trying your rom. Is it rooted?

I'm hoping to understand how to get titanium backup to work before changing roms, as I've spent a lot of time getting my tablet set up the way I want it. If you have any experience with it, I'd appreciate some comments to my post in the "8650 other" section.
Yep it's rooted and titanium backup is also built in. I'll pop over to your other post and see if i can answer anything.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Split topic to it's own thread.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everything I tested works !!

- Wifi ok
- Youtube ok
- Market ok
- Many other apps ok
- Screen is very responsive!

- Multitasking ok, pandora + browsing slatedroid works fine

- Usb keyboard + mouse works fine (dous anyone know how to press "back" with the mouse?)
- Maybe the sound is to loud for in-ear headphones on lowest default setting
- Usefull default apps!! (Haven't tried them all out yet)
- Angry birds, with backgrounds it's hard to play, without backgrounds.. WOW

- Boot = 45 sec.

I just don't like the rotation rainbow arrow thing...

You said you did use latest version from Eken? 1.3.1? I thought that one did't have the dancing android?
Over all very good job!!

Sent from my m009s

(Edit: angry birds)

·
Registered
390 Posts
After some experimentation, he's how I used titanium backup to save some time when changing roms:

1. Make a current titanium backup to an SD card.
2. Flash the new rom using a different SD card (or back up the old)
2. connect wifi
3. Perform market fix
4. Restore titanium backup using "restore missing apps with data" from the batch option. You will have to install each individual file.
5. Click "restore all apps with data," click "data only" and check only those apps that were not restored previously. I did not restore system data. It's important to restore the data for your home screens. if you want them to be set up the way you had it.

You will have to re-set-up your widgets, as they will not restore. Extended Widgets is a really nice widget program that allows you to back up your widgets for easy restoring (it costs $1 I believe).

Here are the problems I'm having with the new rom:

1. Apps to SD no longer works. This was noted in the notes, but is rather odd because it worked fine with singularity (based on Eken 1.30). Is this a bug with 1.31 (does it work with any other 1.31)?

2. Voice search (google) does not work.

3. This version does not have the standard mail app. If you need it, you can install it from the APK file taken from one of the other roms.

4. GrooveIP (which would let us use google voice to make free phone calls on our tablet) crashes. I have contacted the company to see if we can figure out why.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the initial reports. I'll be uploading v2 in the next day or 2. I fixed the rotation arrow so it isn't so ugly, added in an extra audio/video codec which fixed a few of the streaming movie apps i like to use, so hopefully it'll also fix the grooveip crash and possibly more, and made a few other minor changes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uploaded Modroid-v2. You might have better luck with grooveip now. I don't use skype, but i've heard the older skype-beta works. Apps2sd issues seem related to 1.3.1. Not a deal breaker for me as the speed increase of the newer firmware is a fair tradeoff.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.